Jets 2015 Offseason

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Ridley visiting jets tonight ehhhhhbh

2. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I want the jets to sign tyler Wilson.it can't hurt

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

You guys heard about us dining with the CB from FSU to possibly be learning more about Winston? I know there's no chance in hell we get him.. but as a fan you gotta appreciate the effort from the front office. It just feels promising now, were on the right track finally.

lucrazy719 likes this.
  4. suffolk

suffolk New Member

If there's no chance we get him, why bother? The effort could be put towards Mariota or even someone like Brett Hundley later in the draft. Seems like we went from doing the wrong thing to doing the wrong thing again, but differently.

5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

There's no chance we get him? Why, because Tampa is definitely taking him #1? Don't believe everything you read in the papers this time of year, it's all bullshit.

To clarify, I think he will be taken #1 by the Bucs, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be. It's called due diligence.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Couldn't be happier that Kyle Wilson is a goner.

chris5533 likes this.
  7. JetLifeLo

I mean 6 Jets coaches & staff went to have a work out with Mariota already..

8. JetLifeLo

Well you basically agreed with half my post.. But bro come on... TB is openly in love with Winston and Winston is the runaway #1 pick. I just like the fact that the jets are trying to see what he's like as if they were able to draft him..due diligence. I don't see any other teams doing it.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

You don't see other teams doing it because they make the most of there time and resources and don't like to waste them for no reason on a guy they can't draft

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Cool Marshall tweet:

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Other teams DO do it.

Resources aren't an issue, they have all the resources and personnel in the world practically. Time maybe but come on that's silly..

If you are a football team picking in the top 10 and QB is your biggest need and you Don't take a good hard look at the top QB prospect-- you are doing a terrible job

JetLifeLo, NoodleArm and 74 like this.
  12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Ok you got what you wanted. Revis and Cro etc. And maybe a new Qb if they draft Mariota. Mac has spent most of the huge cap amount he had to work with. Now what happens in a year if like last season these moves don't work out and the team wins 4 or 5 games. Key injuries, off the field problems, just pure incompetency on the field. After spending all of that money like maybe 40 mil plus. Are heads going to roll again. And remember this is the guy who spent most of the cap. Maybe we can beg forgiveness and resurrect that moron Fire Idzik. Because you know you're going to need a scapegoat.

#752 pclfan, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It. will. never. happen. Bowles is too good a coach. We already have seen what he was able to do on defense last year with the Cardinals when they had a lot of injuries. Gailey's known for getting the best out of offensive players. We've also heard from Bowles and other coaches on the Jets that slack play, laziness, dogging, incompetence, whatever you want to call it, will NOT be tolerated. Thus, injuries may happen, but there won't be incompetency on the field.

I think the team is greatly improved, and I expect it to be improved even more following the draft. I have more confidence in Mac than I've had in any Jets GM in the last 20-30 years. IMO his moves in FA already demonstrate that he has a better idea of how to build a roster than Tanny and Idzik combined. With regard to the cap, he had to spend a ton of money, so don't try to paint it like he didn't have to and in doing so, was reckless. Could he have saved $20 million for a rainy day? Sure, but Idzik was killed by Jets fans for that. I'm sure he will save some for TC cuts and an emergency in season, but he's solidifying depth and adding competition. Further, he spent the money in a way without tieing up any huge money over a long time with the exception of Revis. Every other player can be cut in a year or two with no ramifications to the cap.

I know it's hard for us long-term Jets fans to accept and trust, but imo we finally have a real, bona fide NFL-caliber GM who knows what he's doing. Will he make some mistakes or has he already? More than likely, he's human after all, but so far I can't really complain about anything he's done. I think what he has done already is darn impressive.

JetLifeLo, Acad23 and 74 like this.
  14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I hope you're right about Bowles and Mac. I don't understand the extreme optimism for either guy because they're unproven. Esp the 30 year comment about Mac. I don't see any home run moves by Mac other than Revis and he still hasn't re-signed Wilk which is going to take a lot of money. I think most of his moves except at corner are strikingly similar to what Idzik did last year. And if Idzik were still here he also would have spent a good percentage of the cap. There is no way he could have not spent it. Actually don't NFL rules say you have to spend a specific percentage. Spending a lot of money doesn't make you brilliant. Spending it smartly does.

GangGreenNYJ and Jets69 like this.
  15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

He keeps saying stuff like this but he got traded. I guess the Bears gave him a choice of where he wanted to go? Idk

JetLifeLo likes this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The Jets staff was out to dinner with P.J. Williams the night before he was arrested for a DUI. I wonder what they told him...

JetLifeLo likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If I'm wrong about Bowles and Mac, I will be very disappointed, and that will probably be it for me in terms of following the Jets closely. I've seen enough incompetence for two lifetimes, maybe three. If Mac and Bowles aren't good, it's because Woody is clueless, and as long as he owns the franchise, there will be little or no hope for things to change.

I'm optimistic because both Bowles and Mac are quality, experienced proven football men in their respective fields. Mac isn't an attorney, bean counter or cap guru. He has a background in scouting and personnel and had sterling recommendations for his eye for talent and acumen. He showed that he knows his stuff by overhauling the Jets' Scouting and Personnel Depts. and getting rid of Bradway. That should be a huge confidence booster for Jets fans. Bowles was assistant coach of the year and did an amazing job with the Cards' D last season with all the injuries they had. Both speak intelligently, sensibly, and don't spew a lot of bravado. They go about their jobs in a quiet, professional, business-like manner. They don't seek the backpage limelight like Tanny did. They both seem to be intelligent (unlike Rex) and very competent in what they do. With the exception of someone being extremely cynical or pessimistic in nature, I don't know how any Jets fan couldn't feel hope, excitement, and yes, even trust and optimism for these two men.

It bothers me a little that Mo hasn't been re-signed already, but then I don't know all the facts. Based on Mac's latest press conference where he speaks of Mo's team having their "perspective," it sounds to me as if he's already had conversations, and they're asking for too much money and are being difficult. I think it's very likely that's why he didn't make that deal first and is putting it off. There is a way he couldn't have spent the money...if he couldn't get any FAs to agree to sign here. I think that Idzik would have tried to spend the money, but I actually think that he would have come up short and the Jets been in trouble with the league because they didn't spend all the money that the NFL rules state that they needed to. Idzik is too slow and methodical, and his personality isn't one to "woo" players to come here imo. I don't think Revis would be here, and I doubt Marshall or many of the other acquisitions that Mac made would have happened, either. I don't think the team would be in nearly as good a shape and I think that Idzik would have probably spent what money he did in desperate ways like he did with Harvin, would have had to grossly overpay some players, and still come up short. How are Mac's and Idzik's moves similar? The obvious answer is that they aren't. Idzik made few moves and he certainly wasn't aggressive like Mac.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Bradway is taking a lot of blame around here but his team's while GM under Herm were not horrendous. And if Tannenbaum had listened to him we'd have our franchise Qb in Russell Wilson. I don't know what transpired in the Jets front office and if Bradway was a negative who had to go. Or if Idzik even had the power to fire him (that is if he wanted to). Just because you take over as a new GM doesn't mean you have to fire everyone. My take on Idzik was that he did bring in some of his own guys like Rod Graves but he was willing to give everybody a chance including Rex.

19. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Maybe they fixed things so we could get him in round three. LOL

JetLifeLo likes this.
  20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

How old are you? Just curious

JetLifeLo likes this.