17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nope, that is false. The deal in place was for the Jets only, and Sheldon Silver killed it after Jim Dolan got in bed with him to protect the MSG monopoly on large events in Manhattan

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the deal was for the Jets, the Giants were not involved at the time(mainly b/c most thought it wouldn't get through) but the rumblings at the time were the Giants could join them in the new Stadium if it got approved.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I know its old news but my Doc says its good for me to vent and it is nice to remind the ass holes in the Jet ticket office how they screwed us over and over and over again,,,that said -------> thank god I never purchased a P S L,,,,,yep that felt good !

alleycat9 likes this.
  4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

When I come to this posting I fell like singing " Free Bird" because I am a silly ole upper deck "Free" to do whatever I want without any loss of past or future investments. And I am not be fooled by recycling the coach and GM again because the same damm person made the decision. I am not being fooled again fellas

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

what are the psls going for these days?

are folks still way under water on them or have they improved?

6. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

Jets ticket office must be aiming to do something different. Just checked my emails we're 2 weeks past when we got the renewal notice last year. The first installment was always typically due by mid-March.

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm sure that survey they sent us is holding things back. The way it looked they are strongly considering have some no tailgate lots. They tried that lot L directed in parking the final game. The main reason I keep season tickets is the tailgate.

8. alleycat9

what would be the sensible reason they could sell the public to not allow tail gating?

i get it they want you buying their stuff. they are dirtbags but why would anyone prefer a non tailgating lot? i see no positive to it.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I can only imagine how many people would run from season tickets and give them up should tailgating be eliminated ! You do realize habit not been for tailgates there would have been zero reasons to attend games last year

10. no psls

no psls Banned

Without tailgating - BYE BYE !!!!!!!

11. max

max Active Member

No way this ever happens at the meadowlands.

I could see maybe in a city that has a downtown surrounding the stadium, but not here. The amount more they would make on food and beer inside the stadium would not outweigh the loss of revenue due to people not coming to the games.

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

I don't think they are eliminating it but based on the survey they asked about having a tailgate free lot. Personally as long as it doesn't affect my own lot go for it (assuming they take one lot that no one uses). Probably would make everyone's life easier. The guy that comes in at noon and doesn't enjoy tailgating has his own lot and the people already tailgating don't have cars driving all over looking for a spot.

13. alleycat9

is that the thought process sec337? i guess it makes sense to separate the two groups.

14. no psls

no psls Banned

According to the New York Post , no ticket increases for 2015 . :p:p:p:p:p

15. GordonGecko

how generous

I repeat my standing offer to the Jets, I'm ready any time to buy 4 season tickets provided they are Lowers, have no PSL requirements, no pre-season requirement, cost $100 each, and include parking.

That's the market value, and if they don't want to provide it I can actually do better than that on stubhub

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. GordonGecko

Jets are going with variable game pricing on season tickets for "preseason, marquee and in-between" labelled games. Pre-season prices slashed, amounts compensated on the other games, average on 10 stays the same

17. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

I like this. With a great slate of home games last season, I had people wanting to buy tickets for Broncos, Steelers, Pats, etc, but no one wanted to come with me for most other games. This will help for those of us that have someone come to games with us no longer cherry picking.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

Makes life easier when you have a game to re-sell. Can ask more for a good opponent and less for a lousy one and it's not awkward.

19. GordonGecko

what the hell happened to jets insider? Haven't been there in months and I go today and see that they're blocking the forum behind 7 layers of links and someone took my username. Seems like theganggreen's competition is officially DOA

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Giants reduced the preseason tickets by half but increased regular season tickets a little extra so that yearly cost for 10 game is similar.

Their upper decks last year were 85 for 10 games total 850 per seat.

Now the preaseson is 45 each and regular season 95 each. Total 850 per seat.

I wonder if Jets will do the same.