second rounders?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by TonyMaC, Feb 25, 2015.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

More than likely, I think that's where he will be picked.

2. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Would you take him (Gurley) at that spot (#5 in round 2)?

3. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

I think we've got enough of a chance of landing a "very close to BPA + much bigger need" prospect in the second round that I probably wouldn't take Gurley there.

I'd love to be a pure-BPA nut, but long-term we have an aging offensive line, lack of a true pass-rusher, and questionable talent in our young secondary. It's likely at least one guy who would be a low-mid first round prospect at CB, OL, or OLB falls to us, and we have much more extreme needs at those positions. I'd probably consider DGB over Gurley as well, but I've wanted the Jets to take a premium contested-catch outside receiver for a while now. (Mike Evans was my guy last year, though I knew he'd never fall to us.)

I'm certainly not low on the RBs in this class, I just think it's not a position of need for us and quite frankly, we're not deep enough on talent as a team to not be paying attention to need - if not this year's needs, then 2-3 year plan needs.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If we didn't have all the other holes/needs we have, yes in a heartbeat. With all the holes and other needs we have, no. I'd love to have him, but I'm hoping an excellent LT prospect will be rated about that spot, or a OLB, or WR, depending upon what happens in the first round. There are too many good RBs in this draft to use the 2nd round pick on Gurley, when there will still be good RBs to be had in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

5. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

i like gurley and the running backs this draft but we have more needs. If we obtain CJ Spiller, I cannot see us taking a rb in this round. Depending on free agency and what we do the first round, I would use the pick on the following (if we draft mariota or one of those pass rushers)

1. WR
    2. OG
    3. CB (I believe we need more experience at that position now)

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

In the second round I think we will either go CB, WR, OL

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I will post what we do in the second round after Free agency and who we draft in Rd 1, all other crap is pure B.S.

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It's total speculation given our needs...

After FA we will have a better idea but with a new GM nothing is a slam dunk on who we pick because there isn't any groundwork to go off of.

I just hope to god if Mariota is there they don't pass.. It's a nightmare that wakes me up in the middle of the night.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Will Collins or Peters fall to the second??

10. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

Hopefully the new hierarchy build this team the right way. Fill your needs with FA draft BPA

11. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I think Peters is likely to go in the 2nd round. I think both La'el Collins (Panthers my guess) and Jalen Collins (probably Seattle) both go in the 1st round.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Supposedly Peters has the best ball skills of any CB in the draft. Is 40 time that important then? And I am a big fan of going by physical metrics but I would be pretty happy if we nabbed him in the second.

13. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

He's dropping because he was kicked off of the team at Washington. I would gladly pick him in the 2nd round.

14. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

Jets worked out Melvin Gordon at his pro day today per Tony Pauline.... would go insane if we picked him. (good way)

al_toon_88 likes this.
  15. John

John Active Member

i dont think were going cb in this draft :)

Our secondary is set

If we go OLB 1st round

i would like to see us grab Jalen Strong WR ASU in 2nd round