Jets to Pursue Darelle Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Looks like we will be going after him. Bills will be also.

@AdamSchefter
    Jets are expected to pursue free-agent-to-be CB Darrelle Revis to see if they can bring him back to New York, per sources.

@AdamSchefter
    Not just Jets interested in Darrelle Revis; Rex Ryan will try to lure the free-agent-to-be CB to Buffalo as well. AFC East in on Revis.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Id be shocked if he even considered us.

I think it'll be either NE or Buffalo.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Would be stupid not to.... Revis and Cro back like old times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Falco21

I thought the same thing, but this an entirely new coaching staff and front office. Yes, Woody is obviously still here, but he'd be playing for an entirely new team under a great defensive coach.

He's going where the money is. If we offer him the most, he'll be on a plane here in a heartbeat

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Given the defensive lines, I think either the Jets or Bills defense would become absolutely unstoppable with Revis. I don't see any reason he'd want to play here though, other than $$$.

On second thought, knowing Mevis, I guess we have a chance given all our cap space lol.

6. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

He'll be in NE next sesson

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Revis isn't a free agent yet. Something is wrong here because "sources" are tampering with a player under contract to a team. Schefter also broke the Falcons investigation on his twitter. Sounds like he's aggressively trying to change the conversation from the Patriots cheating to some other cheating related scandal.

chris5533, Pocket Jet and JetBlue like this.
  8. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

4 years 64 mil could and should bring him back..I've been on the record saying we lost our chances when we fired Rex but Cash talks. I'm sure he'd rather reunite in Buffalo but they don't have the cap space we do. Pats would also love to have him back but would have to let go of a few guys to do so. Revis would fit Bowles system and still be a top 3 corner in this league next year.
    Might not be a financially responsible long term move to make but I don't see a way we make the playoffs next year without Revis.

9. Br4d

Revis is irrelevant unless the Jets find a QB. They went 4-12 this year with a top 5 rushing attack.

VaBchJet, FJF, JETS1116 and 5 others like this.
  10. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

We have to many holes to tie up alot of money in an CB...rather sign Maxwell and cro

11. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Bullshit. Our secondary was just as much of a problem as Geno last year. Sure Revis would be irrelevant when he's taking the opposing teams top WR out of the game.

Frenbar likes this.
  12. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Bills with Revis is a scary thought. Especially since they're getting Alonso back too.

I honestly think Rex was the only reason (other than the most $$) why Revis would come back to the Jets.

We'll sign him again in 5 years when he wants one last 1 year deal before retiring.

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think I'd rather have Cromartie at 5-6M/yr than Revis at about 15+M

papapump, rammagen, JetLifeLo and 7 others like this.
  14. Falco21

Not only would Revis immediately make our defense a top 5 defense, but he'd be back with us and out of New England or Buffalo. That's a HUGE problem we have right now. Geno Smith or whoever we have at QB facing him at least twice a year.

Yes, we could spend less money on a guy like Maxwell, but Revis is a Hall of fame corner. A guy that you'd put at the position and completely forget about it for years. Pair him with Cro on the other side and we are in business. Not to mention, Revis would continue to help mentor McDougle and Milliner.

We have more money than God this offseason and we are required to spend a lot of it. This would be a GREAT signing.

15. Falco21

Cro never wanted to leave here he's already said.

If you sign Revis, Cro would immediately follow for a lot less money. He'd be back with New York and back with Revis. He'd also be with Bowles again, someone he loves.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Jets to pursue a player in free agency who is not a free agent...that level of incompetence should be the story.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

when our offense clicked the defense didnt.. when the defense clicked the offense was non existant. the whole team can never show up all on the same day. even if offense and defense do play well.. quig and folk decide to suck! (game 1 vs miami)

anyway to get on topic.. jets gotta throw a shit load of dough (over pay actually) at revis to even be in his tought process, we all know rex was his main reason he loved the jets..

18. Falco21

Not when it's Adam Schefter

19. Br4d

You're far off base with this. The QB play is what led to the disaster last year. We couldn't score in the red zone for our lives, something like 4 scores in 50 attempts early in the year when the Jets were still alive.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Br4d

The offense never clicked. If the offense clicks last year we're an 8+ win team. It just never clicked.

On the Revis front, why are the Pats in the Super Bowl? They gave up 4 passing TD's to Joe Flacco and they rolled over the Colts. Neither win suggests Darrelle Revis was the key to the run. Last year they rolled over Indy (without Revis) and lost to the Broncos giving up 2 TD passes in the process.

NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.