Deflate-gate

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I've been to the beach in Santa Cruz and I have to say I'm not exactly jealous, not exactly the most attractive women Cali has to offer unless of course hairy armpits are your thing.

Now had you said Mission Beach or Zuma Beach I might have been on the next flight back to the States to join you

JetBlue likes this.
  2. Barry the Baptist

Who? Sorry I live in Taipei so it's not always easy to get the most up to date news over here but I can actually bet the SB legally and there are a handful of prop bets.... like exactly a handful. 5 or 6....lol

3. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

4. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Haha, well sure there are hippies everywhere but luckily these two weren't... I wasn't going to check out women - my dog loves the ocean and there was a farmer's market there that sells this thing called a romanesco that is the most unbelievable vegetable to me chopped up in a pan with some salt and pepper. And a few hawaiian places that specialize in poke. It's a nice town to visit on a day off.

5. felker

felker Active Member

#3325 felker, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  6. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Really you went out and found something to argue the fumble point I wonder why..... Is it because it us looking more and more like they deflated balls and no one can explain why the Colts footballs were not subject to the same physical laws.

Sorry this is neither here or there for most of the deflategate argument. This only comes into play for how long it has been going on.
    I wondee what the thought process is....So we lost one fight but now let's argue for how long it has been Going on.....

Just stop please if anyone looks hard enough anyone can find the counter point. What do the majority oFriday people who look at the evidence say and think.

The bottom line eitherway is per play how many times have the cheaters fumbled compared to the next team In the same environment and what happens to the players when they move on......
    nice try but the pats cheated and have shown an history of it.

#3326 rammagen, Jan 29, 2015
  7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

8. felker

felker Active Member

Sorry but this is not looking hard. Anyone with a brain would check out as source like 538 when it comes to sports statistics. Nate Silver has been one of the best people in this area for years and years.

He's shown (along with other experts in the field) that this idea that fumble rates for the Patriots is a big outlier is complete manure.

#3328 felker, Jan 29, 2015
  9. felker

felker Active Member

[​IMG]

Ignore it at your peril!

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That was devastating.

I am devastated.

The devastation was total.

Fucking cheaters.

_

NY Jets68 likes this.
  11. felker

felker Active Member

LOL!

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Nate Silver didn't write it.

It's his blog, but that blog has gone downhill some since ESPN acquired it and some of the other writers on that staff leave a lot to be desired now.

I haven't read the article yet, it might be a great, proper analysis all I am saying is that Nate Silver didn't write this like your post is misleadingly saying

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I thought the blog made good points. I can't claim to know the math parts but the stuff about removing kick returns from the equation and not including dome teams makes sense.

14. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

again I will make this simple not ignoring the facts how many times did Brady fumble before 2007? After? let's ignore those facts.....
    running backs per touches?
    Shall I continue I actually like the fact he did not included the 4 teams that do not play outside four 8 of their games per year. because two of those teams would have made the numbers worse the Lions and the Vikings.
    People don't lie stats do... Like I said the real question is above how many times before 2006 did the Pats fumble as compared afterwards........... if the number is less there is a reason if it more then 25% less then the rest of the NFL did they stumble onto some secret formula for fumbling less......Like deflating the balls.
    What you are trying to do is change the subject to a lesser degree from they deflated the balls to we have not done it for long time.

That does not help anyone here. I am not ignoring the facts I read the article and then I I looked at the numbers just the numbers and the numbers show they fumble less per touch then anyone else. You can try to bend or skew how ever way but the base line is the base line. Did the pats fumble less then everyone else? if so what is the reason? I love 538 sports reason why. I think I shall rename the Lone Ranger effect, that is the efect of getting caught cheating and then having your fans troll other boards to try to sway a point of view......Come on Tonto give me a freaking break

Thank You for playing but try again. I see this at attempt to refute a competitor that runs Sharp sports. Nothing more nothing less

I really love the professionalism int eh article with quotes like
    "The gist of the posts, written by a tout named Warren Sharp, is that the Patriots are a phenomenal statistical outlier when it comes to hanging onto the ball. Sharp presents a chart showing how far New England has stood above its peers in “offensive plays per (lost) fumble” .'

Never once in this great article is there a chart/graph it is based on the fact Sharp included special team plays in the offensive play chart

The bottom line for the Pats being so good after the attempts to refute the numbers is the Wyatt Earp defense. Meaning someone had the chance to do why not the Pats beccause Wyatt Earp was the Neo of the old west and could dodge bullets? Sorry that math does not add up. If I subscribed to that then the Wyatt Earp defense would prove out in everything else and it doe not.

FlaJet and Jetaho like this.
  15. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Yeah, and we're the conspiracy theorists, LOL

[​IMG]

#3335 Charlie Kelly, Jan 29, 2015
    NY Jets68 and slimjasi like this.
  16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Interested to see the Pats fumbling stats over the next couple of years

Needless to say I don't expect teams will be providing the game balls anymore

17. Barry the Baptist

Oh...yeah he died a few years ago, I thought it was a heart attack? Was there something knew revealed?

Yup...expat. Honestly if I didn't have a son I'd probably never go home.

Yeah, I dig Santa Cruz but I just can never get past the Lost Boys vibe when I go there. It's close enough to SF that you can make a day trip out of it but I prefer Pacifica if I'm heading to some NorCal beaches.

18. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

everyone take an hour and listen to Bruce O'Leary here and then spend the 11 bucks to get the root of biggest cheating scandal ever and still going on

google brucehallsports look for spygate untold story embedded soundclip

19. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Geez, even Patriots fans can't help themselves when it comes to pushing things just a bit too far.

1) I can't find a single article by Nate Silver himself analyzing this fumble statistic put forth by Sharp. Unless I'm missing something, then no, Nate Silver hasn't shown anything. One of the writers on the site Silver created put together a link with analysis from around the web.

2) Nobody has shown any analysis that says the Patriots fumble rates are not big outliers. The links posted just say they're not as big as the Sharp analysis originally suggested.

3) Sharp himself responded to these criticisms yesterday, in a lengthy writeup here. However, his short summation that I haven't seen anybody actually disprove in any of the analysis from the 538 link collection:

Point #1 - Something occurred between 2006 and 2007 which allowed the Patriots to fumble the ball at an extremely low rate moving forward when compared to the rate their team fumbled from 2000-06 (Bill Belichick started coaching the team in 2000).

Point #2 - Whatever occurred caused the Patriots to shift from a team who fumbled the football the league average (in 2000-2006) to a team who was so superior when compared any other team the odds it was a mere coincidence are extremely unlikely.

rammagen, Burning Elvii and PulseJet like this.
  20. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

more stataticians are pointing out ways to make the numbers more accepatable, the guy has changed some analysis, abd advised by a mathmetician, he funneled the data to a math guy. Typical deflection coming from the NE Icebergs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.