the ALL Doug Marrone thread. (Everything goes in here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by mikey, Dec 31, 2014.

?

Would you like Doug Marrone to be the next HC of the Jets?

1. Yeah

84 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. Neah

123 vote(s)
    59.4%
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just shrug it off. Mehta has been on an anti-Jets kick for years now.

hornblower and slimjasi like this.
  2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

He really has. And come to think of it, I've heard several NFL guys (most notably Schefter) mention Marrone as someone who was fairly well-respected around the league.

3. slimjasi

The one thing I will say is that Marrone opting out of an NFL head coaching gig and a guaranteed 4 million dollars has to be looked at as a very strong indicator that he's very confident in being able to land another HC job.

4. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

What a weird dynamic.

But the contempt is so pervasive in this article, it is almost personal.

Red Menace and slimjasi like this.
  5. slimjasi

By the middle of last year, I was fascinated that guys like Rex and Idzik even agreed to answer his questions. The guy is blatantly unprofessional.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I really wish this "clean house" could have included Mehta.

The 1985er and 74 like this.
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

he's paid to troll the jets and fans eat it up. he's good at his job.

pclfan likes this.
  8. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I wish the Jets could revoke the credentials of the NYDN and Cimini. There's a reason why the beat writers have a reputation of being the worst.

Big Cat likes this.
  9. slimjasi

I agree but that's just not what a reporter should be.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The Daily News is the worst piece of shit rag on earth. Metha is a natural to thrive in that cesspool

IDFjet likes this.
  11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We would probably replace him with someone worse or let the good writer escape to the New England Times

Big Cat likes this.
  12. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Marrone would be an aw
    26th ranked offense...worse...yes worse than NYJ.....im sorry, all due respect to my fellow jets fans here....but if you voted "yeah" on Marrone..you're in for a big letdown....I've seen every game this guy has coached the last 6 yrs...from Cuse to Buffalo....he's just not worth getting excited over...don't let this "former Jet" "Bronx boy" BS give you false hope....I've never seen so much praised placed on someone who's accomplished so little....maybe because most of you had only seen his best two games on offense against the Jets...I don't know....

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I will give him that. He pisses me off to the point where I have to talk about his latest keyboard vomit. He's like Skip Bayless.

He never has anything to say about schematics or strategy though, it's just dramatics. This piece of shit probably doesn't even know what Cover 2 is. He actually makes Cimini look good by comparison.

14. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

His offense generated only 273 first downs...28th in the NFL...2 first downs more than Jax...and 16 less(basically a games worth) than the awful Jets.......that's the offensive Guru some of you guys are pushing for...[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. MontrealAlouettes

Mehta's trolling aside, I just don't understand this Marrone love. Because he's from NY?

His big accomplishments are making a terrible Syracuse program mediocre and making a mediocre Bills team average. For the Bills he was an upgrade on Chan Gailey. That's his big accomplishment.

The Bills were also even worse than the Jets offensively and ran as conservative a run-heavy system as possible in the NFL. I get that he was limited due to the QB situation but he was at least partially responsible for the EJ Manuel failure.

He's proven with the Bills that he's competent and I like that he's tougher on his players than Rex, but this seems like more of the same for the Jets. I really don't get all the talk of him being a young Tom Coughlin, All his track record says is that he's a guy who can make bad teams mediocre. I guess he could potentially be not-terrible if he brings a good OC with him, but I'm skeptical. He has that typical OL coach mentality that ground and pound is the solution for everything.

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Yes sirree Bob!!! Looks like the offensive juggernaut I was hoping for to come into the Jets and take us to the next level...(EXTREME sarcasm dripping from this entire statement)

Fiftynine, Cman68 and BigGreenUgly like this.
  17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Has he proven that he's competent?? I'm not so sure to be quite honest. He's only been a HC for 2 years in this league...not necessarily enough time to prove competency at all... I think by virtue of your previous paragraph that, considering the MUCH better overall offensive talent, the Bills being lower than the Jets smacks of incompetency.

18. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

He sounds like a megalomaniac in the same vein as Mangini. Woody is easily swayed by extreme personalities.

So far, Quinn sounds like the only candidate with close to the right mix of Rex's player-friendly, loud and fiery passion, and Mangini's buttoned-down, disciplined, uniformly organized responsibility.

talisaynon likes this.
  19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You m
    Suckers like me check out his twitter account for Jets info. I'm sure that every hit he gets puts ka-ching in his pockets.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No he blocked me last year after I kept calling him a turd sandwich. I only see his drivel on here or retweeted by his butt buddy Seth Walder.

He is an impressive troll on the level of nyjunc.