Jets fans handing out #KeepJohnIdzik pieces of white paper

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 19, 2014.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This didn't happen.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I do believe the Jets talked to Davis and felt they were close w/ him but he decided to re-sign w/ Indy.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This is all true. However, and I'm certainly not advocating firing Idzik at this stage (and particularly not because a shrill minority of impatient fans wants instant gratification), last season the Jets were essentially holding open tryouts with street free agents in mid season to fill out the WR corps. This year it was CBs. The roster construction really isn't very good if you keep having these holes. I think the Jets have some good young talent on both sides of the ball, but I understand the sentiment that you can have holes in the roster during the rebuilding but that you should have plausible alternatives on the roster.

4. BroadwayAaron

Nowhere is it actually confirmed. The closest is that I believe La Confora said the night before free agency, Vontae Davis might be signing with someone other than the Colts. That's about as non-descript as the "50/50 Idzik is getting fired" stuff.

And again, would we really WANT to beat out what the Colts gave him?

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am not saying we should have given him what he wanted just saying we were going after him. I don't know what we offered.

http://nfltraderumors.co/report-colts-cb-vontae-davis-far-apart-contract-talks/

6. BroadwayAaron

7. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

So sad....

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Anything for the cause....The cause being keep scrub QBs and incompetent general managers on the payroll because no one wastes money better then the NY Jets

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Have fun guys and I'm sure since your only expense is a half a ream of paper all your supporters are sending money to charities in Idzik's name because that's what you criticized the other guys about, right?

10. BroadwayAaron

Man, talk about a swing and a miss.

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Here's one for you, Mo - Complete the sentence :

Keep John Idzik because...

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

It did happen.
    What didn't happen was signing him

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

only disfunctional organizations fire a gm before his first draft class can even be evaluated?.

14. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

OMG, do you really need more time to evaluate his draft class of last year? It's average to poor. Who do you need more info on?

15. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

No... Let's not evaluate results... Let's evaluate based on speculation of potential results and allow him to stay until they are fully convinced that what our eyes are telling all of us is legit.

Then... Let's fire him next offseason after we allowed him to bust another draft and spend 40 million dollars.... At that point, the Jets will be screwed for 6 years..

That is a fantastic plan.

Clark Gaines likes this.
  16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You act like you actually have half a clue what plans the jets or idzik have. I understand you're quite full of yourself like that but most reasonable people are willing to acknowledge they don't.

For all we know, which is nothing, idzik could be following a 5 year plan that the organization including woody johnson signed off on when he was hired to a tee. but let's go put up some retarded billboards because we're so mad.

#76 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

smart nfl front office people who have years of experience building nfl teams and get paid big bucks to know what they're taking about will tell you it takes 3 years to evaluate a draft class. I understand that you think you know much better than they do but I'll stick with there opinion over yours for now.

18. Clark Gaines

Clark Gaines Banned

Will they tell me? Or will they tell YOU that the class is a bust, overall, and did not adequately address needs that STILL remain? Since you don't know any smart nfl front office people, I'm sure you can't definitively say what they would say about THIS team's last draft class.

But I see you've chosen to focus on an abstract rather than the reality in support of someone under whose leadership the Jets are currently 3-11 after being 8-8. Your loyalty seems misplaced.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They are smart enough to not make that determination too early because experience tells them it's a foolish thing to do. I agree it looks bad right now and will probably remain that way but it would be unwise to make a definitive conclusion at this point.

I have no loyalty to idzik. I prefer the jets take the proper time to let plans play out, evaluate and to not act in an impatient and over reactive way that appears dysfunctional.

#79 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  20. JetsFanatic

JetsFanatic Active Member

Hopefully Woody has the balls not to listen to these clueless assholes. They act like Idzik took over a great team and ran it into the ground. Idzik took over a bad team with an horrendous cap situation. The idiots that are behind this campaign needed instant gratification.