QB

Discussion in 'Draft' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2014.

1. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think about touching Petty until the third or fourth. Switch Petty with Grayson.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

If we don't take Mariota or Winston I would just hold off on drafting a QB.

Hackenberg and Kaaya are both interesting prospects in the coming years.

3. TouchyFeely

I think Goff is eligible next year too. Not to mention a Connor Cook with (hopefully) better footwork.

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Petty will move up most draft boards when he rocks the combine. Pure athlete that has all the tools and the smarts to be a great NFL QB.

5. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

I think im the only one on this board who wants to take Winston, Im not going to be upset with mariota or cooper, but If i was drafting I would draft the winner who plays in a pro style offense who is fiery, emotional and inspirational to his team mates on the field.

That being said if he wins a national championship AGAIN then he for sure needs to be on the jets, dont fall for the exagerated off field issues from the media, if there was the internet and twitter in the 60s everyone would be saying not to draft joe namath.

Murrell2878 and Geno Da Meano_ like this.
  6. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

This x100000000

BZanZ likes this.
  7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

haha. Too funny.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  8. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

yeah I agree, to be honest 75% of the snaps I watch both QBs take I am watching their heads to see where there reads are, especially on third down, and my observations see marcus looking for read 1 then if its not there he runs up field if there is an opening or runs out of the pocket to extend the play and hope someone gets open... I just dont think that is sustainable in the NFL (not saying it cant be corrected)

Winston seems to progress through reads and only runs as a last ditch effort, I think this is a more sustainable play style in the NFL. what would be awesome is if they played eachother in the semis, that would be a good forum topic!

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Mariota is not an elite runner. Ppl think he's gonna be like Kaep, he won't.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Good one, you got me there, I bow down to your spelling mastery. Also your very original humor, Jamarcus Winston, I'm dying here at your originality.

I told you you didn't know a thing about him because you said he was just a guy that hits wide open WRs, which as you proved with this post was complete nonsense and you just talking out of your ass as usual. Good job reading up on him a bit though, now you at least don't seem completely ignorant as you usually do.

11. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

I think a solid and realistic assessment for how both Winston and Mariota will transition to the next level are:

Roethlisberger-esque for Winston and Alex Smith-esque (with a bit more speed) for Mariota.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice BUT, unless a miracle occurs and Woody opens up the old wallet for Harbaugh, we need to sit them for at least a year.

12. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

winston cant stay out of trouble in tallahassee florida, u cant draft him and put him in the ny metropolitan area

he is also an illiterate moron much in the way of jamarcus russell and id worry about his mental ability to grasp an nfl offense and reading defenses

13. TouchyFeely

Winston runs a pro-style offense and has been reading defenses since he was twelve. Call him stupid all you want, but you cant say anything about his football IQ or ability to read defenses.

14. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

If we're at 5 and someone wants Jameis we should trade back and accumulate picks. Not sure the new Gm will want to ride his career on Jameis.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Say what you will about Winston off the field, but on the field - the guy is a natural born leader, his football IQ is definitely elite.

If the Jets put stipulations on the contract (like the Cowboys did with Dez) - then this would be a gamble worth taking.

16. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I would take it to the bank. No first-year GM in their right mind will hitch their wagon to Winston especially in the top 5.

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  17. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

listen to winston when he talks a total moron

18. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

So was Dan Marino. Brett Favre doesn't exactly sound like MENSA material.

Football intelligence and real world intelligence are two different things.

His off the field issues are another thing though.

19. TouchyFeely

Ive recently done some minor research and it seems Winston was quite studious in high school.

20. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I think on the field Winston is the best QB in the draft but his off field antics are a concern, especially the rape allegation. If I were a team thinking about drafting Winston I'd have investigators looking fully in to that.
    That said, I dont' think either QB is worth a top 10 pick, if the Jets could trade down to 11-15 range and either was on the board I'd do it, but there are a lot of other players in the top 5 who are about as sure things as you can get in the NFL and I'd rather risk a 3rd or 4th this year on a QB that has some kinks in their game than risk a top 5 pick on a boom or bust candidate.