TGG.com FFKL 2014 official thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Jul 21, 2014.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

You can keep anywhere from 4-7 players but the only way you can keep seven is if it's five offensive players (QB/WR/RB/TE) and two defensive players. You can keep 4-6 offensive players without keeping any defensive players though.

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I am still open for trades for any of my players.

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

ok. thx. Do you lose draft picks for keepers?

4. NYJFan10

The first seven rounds of the draft are reserved for keepers...if teams keep less than 7 players they can draft in rounds 5-7.

74 likes this.
  5. NYJFan10

btw here's the playoff standings going into division games:

Division leaders:
    *1. aint easy being green (9-1) - clinched division & has H/H tiebreaker with Cromartie Bunch
    **2. Cromartie Bunch (9-1) - needs to beat BBC or win its other two games to clinch division/bye
    3. nyjunc (6-4) - has H/H tiebreaker with Mean Machine and/or dDay for #3 seed
    4. Douglas Mean Machine (6-4) - currently leading division on points though that won't matter after next week

Wild cards:
    5. Billionaire Boys Club (7-3)
    6. dDay Blitzers (6-4)

Outside looking in:
    7. JohnnyThaJet (5-5) - has H/H tiebreaker with Replacements
    8. TheReplacements (5-5)
    9-12. The Boss (4-6), New Jersey Swamps (4-6), Vinny Greenballs (4-6), PoconoMountain MSUJet (4-6)

Wait till next year:
    13-15. Kotite's Revenge (3-7), australia soxxx (3-7), Avalanche United (3-7)
    16. Oregon Wicked Wombats (2-8)

*-clinched division
    **-clinched playoff spot

Surprisingly I have a non-zero chance of jumping into the last playoff spot if I somehow manage to run the table (since I'll finish no worse than 2nd in the division - which is the 2nd wild card atm - and have tiebreakers on the out of division 5-5 teams, though a couple 4-6's have tiebreakers on me if they happen to run the table too), of course one loss and I'm out too since it'd take the most unlikely set of circumstances to have a 6-7 playoff team at this rate.

#45 NYJFan10, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  6. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I have flacco available for a RB?

7. Organized Chaos

I don't really need a backup QB since I've got Brees as a starter. I'd send over a RB + WR or Two (not named Josh Gordon) for Watkins if you'd like.

If you take a look at the numbers:

Sammy Watkins has 133.2 points this season (not counting the 6.5 watkins put up last night...)

Coredarelle Patterson 103.8 points this season

between them there is a 29.4 pt difference, or 2.94 points per game.

Tre Mason is scoring 8.56 points per game. If you throw out his first game where he only got 5 carries, he's scoring 9.15 per game. So you would gain 6.21 per game (minus whatever you think Charles Sims will score). Of course Mason might score a lot more than 8.56 a game, the Rams play a very favorable schedule in the next few weeks, including Oakland (25th in run defense) and the Giants during the fantasy playoffs...The Giants are dead last in rush defense.

I'd be willing to throw two WR's in if you wanted some depth for your playoff run (and insurance against Sanu going into the shitter because of whatever is wrong with Dalton).

I know you may be thinking of Watkins long term value, but remember flags fly forever.

8. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I really do not want to part with Watkins. He looks to be a stud in search of a QB. I am in a hard position I have a good team who so far has had a very good year. I was rebuilding this team and to give away future key components seems like a bad decision.

9. NYJFan10

And of course Cutler kills me this week after he was pathetically awful the last two weeks, while Peyton loses all of his receivers. Of course I would probably lose to Mean Machine if he put twelve college guys in his lineup.

Commence firesale or whatever trade you want to send me to get younger/retool for next year. Other than Peyton and Benjamin I really don't have any untouchables though if I'm trading Gio it's gotta be in a package deal for a better RB.

10. NYJFan10

Wow can't believe I pulled that one out, Kelvin Benjamin and CJ Anderson's receiving saved my butt unless ESPN wants to throw a negative 5-point scoring change my way :p

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

still alive! Thank you Metty.

12. NYJFan10

Two weeks to go.

Division Leaders:
    1. aint easy being green (10-1) - needs only one win or a loss by Cromartie Bunch to clinch the #1 seed, has a bye and the Testaverde division locked
    2. The Cromartie Bunch (9-2) - still needs a win to lock up the Todd division and a bye
    3. nyjunc (7-4) - locks up the O'Brien division with a win over Johnny ThaJet
    4. dDay Blitzers (7-4) - locks up the Namath division with a win over Mean Machine

Wild Cards:
    5. Billionaire Boys Club (7-4) - clinches at least a playoff spot by winning out, could win Todd division if Cromartie Bunch also loses its last two games
    6. Johnny ThaJet (6-5) - holds WC tiebreaker over Mean Machine and Replacements with H2H results, can win O'Brien division by winning its last two games

Outside looking in:
    7. Douglas Mean Machine (6-5) - can still win Namath division by winning its final two games
    8. The Replacements (6-5) - can only hope for a wild card
    9. New Jersey Swamps (5-6) - has a minute chance to win Namath division, leads the other 5-6 teams on points since all three are currently tied head-to-head
    10. The Boss (5-6)
    11. Vinny Greenballs (5-6)

Wait till next year:
    12. Pocono Mountain MSUJet (4-7) - not enough points scored to realistically win a mass tiebreaker for the final wild card
    13. Kotite's Revenge (3-8) - guessing draft order also gets determined by H2H but wildthing would know, 2-0 H2H with the other 3-8's
    14. Australia soxx (3-8)
    15. Avalanche United (3-8)
    16. Oregon Wicked Wombats (2-9)

nyjunc likes this.
  13. Organized Chaos

Up to you. I made a trade with JohnnyTheJet last year which I think helped him win the league. Really my young WR's aren't bad (Keenan Allen, Michael Floyd. Cordarrelle Patterson, Martavis Bryant) if you pair them with Tre Mason it's a whole lot of young keeper worthy talent that can also help you this year. Sims may lose touches to Doug Martin (back this week) and Sanu isn't scoring as much with AJ Green back.

14. NYJFan10

Still alive going into the last week and possibly in a scenario where I can win and get in...more than I could have asked for at 3-6. Of course next week will be REALLY tough though. Sucks I have to root for the Pats to hold down Rodgers but that's the way it goes.

#54 NYJFan10, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  15. NYJFan10

And heading into the final week three of the four divisions are decided and four of the six playoff spots...wildthing can correct me if I missed something below:

Division leaders:
    y-1. aint easy being green (11-1) - with the H/H win over Cromartie Bunch has clinched the top seed along with Testaverde division banner
    y-2. Cromartie Bunch (10-2) - locked up the Todd division and clinched the second bye
    y-3. nyjunc (8-4) - locked up the O'Brien division and should have the #3 seed given their H/H wins over dDay and Mean Machine
    4. Douglas Mean Machine (7-5) - leads dDay on H/H, still needs to beat Avalanche United to wrap up the Namath division and the #4 seed

Wild cards:
    x-5. Billionaire Boys Club (8-4) - clinched a playoff spot, can finish #5 or #6 depending on last-week results
    6. dDay Blitzers (7-5) - can clinch a playoff spot with a final week win over Swamps, wins Namath division with a win and a Mean Machine loss

Outside looking in:
    7. New Jersey Swamps (6-6) - can pass dDay for the final playoff spot with a win, since Swamps would win any tiebreaker over dDay and the 6-6 teams with H/H wins against each as well as higher overall point total. Mathematically can also win the Namath division on tiebreaker with a win and a Mean Machine loss
    8. JohnnyThaJet (6-6) - I think the only tiebreaker scenario they can make the playoffs with a win is if dDay beats Swamps and Mean Machine loses to Avalanche United, giving dDay the division and putting JTJ in a H/H tiebreaker with Mean Machine they would win for the final spot

Wait till next year (not entirely sure how draft order tiebreaker goes, I assume it's H/H record there inversed):
    9. The Replacements (6-6) - losses to almost all the teams they could tie and a mediocre point total rules them out
    10. The Boss (5-7)
    11. Vinny Greenballs (5-7)
    12. Kotite's Revenge (4-8)
    13. Pocono Mountain MSUJet (4-8)
    14. Oregon Wicked Wombats (3-9)
    15. Australia soxx (3-9)
    16. Avalanche United (3-9)

x-clinched playoff spot
    y-clinched division

#55 NYJFan10, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  16. NYJFan10

lol the end of this Bronco game is driving me nuts...so frigging close. Guess I have to sweat out Landry getting some production tomorrow.

Two straight years the head-to-head showdown for the playoffs is close enough to come down to the last player on MNF, crazy.

#56 NYJFan10, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  17. NYJFan10

Wow, can't believe I got in the playoffs from 3-6, especially given the fact most of my keepers were a disaster/hurt this season. Good game dDay, with any luck next year we'll both be in the playoffs by Week 13 and not have to beat each other MLB play-in game style.

Hopefully this year I can at least make a playoff run though since I was a one-and-done last year.

#57 NYJFan10, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  18. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Trophies have been assigned, good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

19. NYJFan10

Guess I was foolish to think I could make a run if I got in. Oh well at least I got a few more weeks of excitement which is more than I expected after a 3-6 start.

Hopefully next year my keepers won't be as big a disaster as they were this year and I draft a little better actually being able to make the draft.

#59 NYJFan10, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  20. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

And just like that I'm out.