We should actively pursue Gus Malzahn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedGreen89, Nov 3, 2014.

1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

He was the main reason they did well with Cam Newton. Everyone thought it was Chizik but when Malzahn left so did Auburns success.

I want an offensive coach but one that isn't dumb enough to say we need to change the defense to fit his guys. Bring in attacking 3-4 DC to work with what they have and improve the secondary.

In terms of being a dream job I am a syracuse fan so I have heard this before. Syracuse was Doug Marrones dream job and he was an alumnus. Granted Auburn is far better than syracuse but take the dream job thing with a grain of salt.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

His track record of success isn't something to be overlooked. He was at Arkansas State before he went to Auburn and instantly turned them into a contender in the Sun Belt. I think he could be successful in the NFL because he is a good coach and good coaches are successful at every level.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You can't be serious about keeping Rex!!! The circus would continue. This season should have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to even the most diehard fan of Rex's that not only is he clueless as a HC, but that he's grossly overrated as a DC.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Not sure if I would say he turned around Arkansas State. They had the same record as the season before....when they were coached by current Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze.

Malzahn would be a very interesting choice though. Would love to see an offensive coach brought in.

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lou Holtz says hi

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

We have already tried that, it doesn't work. Mariota and Malzahn sounds very good though.

7. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Malzahn would be the only College coach I'd consider....his in game adjustments are better than any coach I've seen on any level...but, why leave Auburn to come to the Jets?

8. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Money has talked in the past...plus its an ego thing to get an NFL job. I never thought Chip would leave Oregon but he did

JetsNation06 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He'd make the NFL jump easily if the money is there. He makes 3.5M a year now. I believe that's about the same as Rex. Woody throws a little more at him and he'd jump no problem. The college game will always be there for a guy like him.

The opportunity to prove yourself at the highest level alone is enough to convince driven head coaches..plus the payday. Plus in the case with Malzhan at the very least he could get himself out of the brutal SEC west for a few years.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I wouldn't be upset with Malzahn. Another up and comer is Mississippi St HC Dan Mullen. but the real question is why would either want to come here?

11. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I'm bot sold on Malzahn, but I like him for Auburn & Mariota sucks.
    The only clear candidate I see as of now is Grudin.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

mullen knows exactly what to do with percy harvin. not a reason to come here but another reason to take a look at him

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

LMAO