2014-15 NBA REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JetLifeLo, Oct 8, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yep and if ya break it down, the Cavs will have major problems stopping Rose, Gasol, and Noah.

2. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

If Derrick Rose returns to 2011, then yes. I think he wilp be greay, but not 2011 great.

3. BigSnacks54

And the Cavs lost to the Knicks. Does that make them trash? Calm down, it's game freaking one.

4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

The cavs look suspect too... but they'll be fine once they get chemistry and find a way to mask the fact that Love plays 0 defense. Its a big difference. The clippers have chemistry and don't look that great. We had 8 players and all but ibaka are average or below, and even ibaka can only do what his offense sets him up to do. Clips have no identity if their not throwing alley oops, their half court offense is suspect.

5. BigSnacks54

Jetlifelo, I mean 5his with all due respect wake up lol, these are not the vinny dell negro clipers, THESE are thre Doc Rivers Clippers. To call them trash, because they struggled to beat an injured OKC team is ridiculous, especially when you consider the fact that the Lakers beat the Thunder twice, and that upsets happen all the time in the NBA.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  6. JetLifeLo

lol fine your right im overreacting. I tend to get that way when it comes to spurs & clippers i hate those teams. Their like my NBA version of the patriots and dolphins. I know they will have a good season but i'm not ready to call them contenders still.

Just call me Lo. lol.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

And I can't wait to get the 8th seed this year! haha

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Thunder could be in a bit of trouble as far as playoffs concern. Last season the 8 seed won 49 games. Last season the Thunder won 59. Its possible the Thunder might be in a situation where they would need to make a mad push for the playoffs.

9. NYJalltheway

If we can lose by 1 shot to the Clippers with the team we have right now, we can beat half the teams in the league in general then. I think you're right, but I'm still confident we'll sneak in as the 6, or 7.

10. NYJalltheway

I just edited my last post into an in depth look at the rest of the 2014 calender year schedule, and I looked up at the tv, looked back down to proof read it all, and somehow it was just all gone. IDK WTF happened. So this is what I said in short.

Going into December, I can see us being 8-9, or so. That is very doable with some easy games in there. If our guys get healthy at the best time possible, that is very early in the season, and we'll be in the playoffs for sure.

If our guys are out all the way to when we face the Blazers, and Spurs, right at Xmas, I can see it being a 12-16 type record. We will then be just under .500 going into the 2015 calender year. That gives us roughly 4 months to get into the 8 seed. That is still very doable for a team with this kind of talent.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

It doesnt matter how close you came to beating them. It was their first game. The Thunder are now relatively inferior to everyone they play over the next month. If it comes down to it, I believe the Thunder would force themselves into the playoffs. (if it required winning out at the end, they would win out, or whatever it takes to get in). It sucks that we are even having this conversation.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  12. NYJalltheway

Good thing we have this coaching then right? :p

I've hardly seen you around in this thread. Who's your team?

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Heh they had Kyrie mic'ed up and it caught him asking "is this what a playoff game feels like?"

He's played USA basketball, but still funny to think in the NBA he never has played a game in an atmosphere like this.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  14. JetLifeLo

if we can manage 10 wins before KD and Russ get back we'll be ok... im very confident in them being able to go 40-17.

15. NYJalltheway

And a least the (healthy) spurs, and blazers lost.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Indeed. In the history of the NBA no bad team has ever lost to a good team by just one shot.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

If Rose goes down you might as well pencil the Cavaliers into the finals. In my opinion the NBA has got to fix this ASAP, keep the divisions, keep 16 teams in the playoffs, but, somehow allow it so that the seeding is based purely on record. Then allow a max amount of teams that are allowed in, whether it be 10 from the west, and only 6 from the East. Guarentee 6 spots for each conference but allow the last four seeds to be up for grabs, so you could have 4 more West teams in, or 4 more east. It would create a better playoffs imo.

Its a joke when about 6 teams from the West are on a similar level as the best team in the East, you cant have it like that.

This is what the playoffs would have looked like season under my formula (6 spots guarenteed from each conference, last 4 spots up for grab from either, playoff seeding based on record 100%):

1. Spurs
    2. Thunder
    3.Clippers
    4. Pacers
    5. Heat
    6. Rockets
    7. Blazers
    8. Warriors
    9. Grizzlies
    10. Mavericks
    11. Raptors
    12. Bulls
    13. Suns
    14. Wizards
    15. Nets
    16. Bobcats

So last year we would have had 9 western teams and 7 eastern teams. Of course the schedule would have to be shifted so these teams all play more often (West vs East), but at least we wouldnt see a team cake walk into the NBA finals. The only major issue with this would be if there was like a Clippers-Wizards series, the travel would be a lot more but the NBA can design those series to start earlier and give the series more time. (They already do that anyway with these series, I believe the Spurs had 3 full days off last year in a round, they also had back to back nights to in 2012 so they can move these games to make it fit)

And to add to that notion, I would consider adopting what the MLB does and add 1-2 more playoff spots for a 17th and 18th seed, and have them play in a 1 game playoffs (15th seed vs 18th seed, 16th seed vs 17th seed). It would at least give the bottom tier playoff teams one night to really get attention.

#177 soxxx, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    NYJalltheway likes this.
  18. NYJalltheway

I'm all for that and everything, but isn't 16 teams already enough?

19. NYJalltheway

So last year our only injured impact player is this year's only healthy player lol. It's getting comical.

20. JetLifeLo

If we still a top seed Scott Brooks might actually re-earn some respect