John Idzik Press Conference thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Oct 27, 2014.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

True ... that one was on Woody. He gets to spend his money any way he wants, but what a horrendous lack of judgment on his part. Anytime you let personal feelings interfere with business it's a mistake. Not only did he send us down the road to 1-7, he also prevented our #1 pick from being used as he should be used, and he screwed up Antonio Allen's development as a safety. As bad as our offense is, we don't lose every game to NE, Chicago, GB, Detroit and Denver with Revis on the field.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think Francesa said it best "HOW are you NOT auditioning CBs left and right?!?!?!"

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Rex has had top heavy D drafts every year he's been here including the past 2 seasons with Idzik. So he should have enough premium D players to be a lot better than they are. You can't say we're losing because of one D position. And he had it covered. Our best Cb is out for the year.

4. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

The only problem is our best cb (injured) should not be our best cb. He is still unproven and injury prone. And it's both cb positions so I see it as two positions. Rex has to go he has worn out his welcome in NY. jmho

5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You're probably right about that. Going with Milliner as your top Cb was a questionable risk. He is unproven and was even benched in 2013. But like Geno he improved at the end of the season. In both cases (for different reasons) they whiffed on it. Plus drafting injury prone players esp. at one position like Dee and McDougle and both of them getting season ending injuries isn't doing your homework.

#265 pclfan, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    FlaJet likes this.
  6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Remind me again how much Cro is being paid this year?

Fuck Idzik.

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

And how much have we spent platooning shit CB's in and out this year? Cro would have been a bargain.

8. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Cro was horrible last season. Do you think Rex really wanted him back. These front runner Jets fans who are out for blood because of our terrible pass defense and our abysmal season are crying apeshit because he had 2 picks on Sunday. I can't comment on his overall season but he's starting for them so it must be ok. The facts are: the Jets didn't want him back. But I agree we should have signed one of those guys. It's easy to say now in retrospect. It was going to be Milliner and they apparently thought Patterson would start until they found out the hard way that the guy is a dipshit.

9. Hobbes3259

Aside from being an upgrade over everyone on the roster,
    With this pass rush, Cro would have been impossible to attack, his only shortcoming is not playing physical at the line.

And, It ain't just Cro. (Though Cro is more physically gifted than Revis...fact.)

Slauson, A starter till injury, Austin Howard, a starter, Sanchez holding a clipboard, and until Vick proves otherwise is still better than both....

4 guys at key postions, where are clearly bad earning about 16 mil....total.....

And the 'talent' brought in to replace those players has been god-awfful.

Fuck Idzik.

10. Hobbes3259

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The only one I agree with you on is Slauson. Vick is a lot better than Mark who had to go and would have cost more money. There had to be a break with Sanchez. He is that bad. And they signed Bruno to replace Howard which is basically a wash.

12. Hobbes3259

Sanchez is playing for the same amount of money as Vick.

And the 'needing a break' is media claptrap.

25 year old playoff vet, that came out too early (hence would take longer to develop) than 35 year old whose best asset is his legs.

Don't get me wrong, IF vick was 5 years younger...I'd agree, but no one takes into account the particular set of circumstances with Sanchez' tenure here...

Exceptionally Young (1 year as a college starter etc...),Green,Shit OC.

13. Hobbes3259

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This is certainly a plausible explanation of what was going on in the off season, and bodes ill for even next off season, despite the available cap space. To put it simply, he has not shown an ability to move effectively in FA.

15. Big Blocker

You may well be right that was what they were "thinking" (meaning hoping with rose colored glasses). But the skeptics here including myself were much more right than they were, and of course than the, uh, pro FO posters here were.

Time to admit it.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't want Mark back ever. No more excuses for him. He had every chance in the world to be a 10 year starter here. Over 60 starts is enough. No more wasted seasons developing any Qb. Let Rex take him to his next location. He can keep the tatoo then (the idiot).

17. Big Blocker

Cro was injured last season. There was no reason to think his condition was chronic and would last into this year, however. And he's having a very good season with AZ, which right now is a much better run organization than the Jets. I was totally against letting him go, and even worse than that they did not replace him. It was not something that could only be seen retrospectively. The Cards saw it, and I saw it. As did others here. But not the, uh, pro FO posters here.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Cro gave up a bunch of big plays last season. And I assume the coaching staff and Idzik were on board to let him go. There could have been other factors, too. I don't second guess that move at all. Cro had one big game (last Sunday) with 2 picks. That's it! 2 picks for the entire season. As for coverage and giving up plays I don't know. But I assume he's playing well enough to start for them. But like last year you can play poorly and still start for a team.

#278 pclfan, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    FJF likes this.
  19. Big Blocker

He's been playing very well. OF COURSE the FO were "on board" to let him go. But they failed to replace him and there was nothing indicating his condition was chronic. He wanted to come back and likely would have if they offered him a fair new contract. It was the right move, and they were wrong to let him go.

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any of his games. This fixation by fans on one D position being the cause of the defensive breakdowns doesn't jive to me. I saw the same thing last year with Cro. You're right in retrospect they should have signed one more CB (it was supposed to be Patterson). And the plan was for Milliner to start and be their top CB. Now even Dennis Thurmond doesn't know the names of some of the guys they're using at the corners. But it's the same thing around the NFL. Guys are on the field because of injruies who were working at Walmart a few weeks ago.