Harvin Vilified by the Seahawks Front Office

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsillinifan, Oct 22, 2014.

1. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

usually these guys are stupid and comedians of the sporting world, but occasionally they point out things I agree with. Why the hell would the Seahawks leak this information all at once when they decide to trade him? They needed a scapegoat for their woes this year, they needed to make Harvin look like the bad guy. He was traded twice in a couple years? Dude only traded once before this and for a 1st, 3rd, and 7th pick, thats a decent amount of value. If he was traded, its probably for injury issues as well. Why didnt we hear about how Harvin punched Doug Baldwin before the super bowl? Instead, Harvin was heroified and everyone was calling him an explosive player and the difference maker for the Hawks, even till the beginning of the season. Now they can just point at Harvin and say HES THE REASON WHY WE'RE LOSING, AND ITS BECAUSE HES A THUG

What better team to send a player that you want to vilify to the Jets. The Jets reputation sucks right now, everyone thinks we suck, we're loud mouthed, we're undisciplined (and they have evidence to back that up sadly, I always get made fun of when people are talking about Rex guaranteeing a super bowl and I dont have much to say back). Basically we're the team that casual fans love to shit on. Stupid fans that see we're 1-6 but havent actually seen how hard our teams have fought or what our schedule actually looks like. I've already ready so many comments.... Harvin going from the Super Bowl champs to the Jets, there must've been A REALLY BIG PROBLEM WITH HIM. harvin was offered for julius thomas and cameron jordan, I guarantee you that if those trades happened, we would hear NONE of this . But they couldn't find a blockbuster trade, so they trade them to the Jets, far away from their division and a team with terrible reps to send Harvin with, and then makes it look like they did this purely for his behavioral issues.

Same thing happened with DJax. Philly didnt want his contract, so they just start finding any small piece of dirt on him to try to justify trading or cutting DJax. How is Jackson doing now? Having himself a pretty ok year with a qb controversy worse than ours. But it made the Philly fans happy that the stained DJax's name.

I'm not saying Harvin is a saint, in fact he has more history with anger management than most other players I've head of. But fans have to be that stupid to believe if that is the only reason (his contract, not working out with the offense, not in the right system). Its also a huge diss to the Jets that everyone thinks the Hawks fleeced us where in reality, we fleeced them. The NFL and media loves to shit on the Jets, and now they have even more ammunition. How the hell is trading a 4th-6th round pick for any wide receiver legit nfl starter/backup? Do you see saunders/mcdougle on the field? I understand that theres value there but we messed that up so here's how we make up for it which at this point i'm fine with. If Harvin was traded the the Pats, people would be talking about how great the move was and how awesome he's going to be (he would be but still). The Seahawks want to trade Harvin to a hopeless team and have him disappear basically, not have success and potentially play them to create more drama. What pussies

All I could say is what scum pieces of shit humans they are. I hope we play them one day and ravage their team. I really hate the biased NFL and its fans.

rant over, obviously i'm biased but I really think its unfair for Harvin and the Jets for this whole thing, and Seahawks getting seen as a disciplined smart team

#1 jetsillinifan, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    NYJetsO12, RuJFan, max and 5 others like this.
  2. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Teams should just come out and say that they simply don't want the player anymore, and not just make up BS excuses. Philly did it with D-Jax, and now Seattle with Harvin. It's almost character assassination (or at least exaggerating it) in my view.

3. JETSrealMCCOY!

NFL Media view: New York Jets = NFL Group Home

b.reyes16, All Gas No Shake and joe like this.
  4. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

I'm not too sure about the trade. If it works out great, if not we are not on the hook for a ton of money. Look at it this way, there are a bunch of teams that would have taken Harvin but would Seattle trade him to someone they would face in their remaining games or possible in the playoffs?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Agree with a lot, if not all , of what you said.
    We do get shit on, and rightly so, because our HC brought the circus atmosphere to town when he was making comments about Belicheck's rings and giving the finger to fans at an MMA event. He put a target on our back that has never come off and that's fine AS LONG AS YOU KEEP WINNING, but....
    Things have changed now, Rex has toned down his act considerably , but we still have that stigma and always will until we become a winning team.

Had Harvin gone to NE they would have down played the issues being reported about him and the story would have been more about how "Belicheck will handle him , and there are too many leaders in that locker room to let Harvin cause issues", blah blah blah.

The only way to shut up the critics is to win, plain and simple.

NYJetsO12 and b.reyes16 like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No we aren't.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Harvin and Geno should troll the media and setup a fake wwf scene after a failed drive.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Everyone knows that the girl you just dumped was the coldest and most uncaring bitch the world has ever known or the job you just quit makes a sweatshop in Juarez look like Microsoft. Makes for a nice face saving mechanism if you've screwed up along the way.

NY Jets68, TNJet and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's just a way to justify a salary dump to the fans of that particular city. It helps even more to feed to the New York media coming from a smaller market like Seattle and basically throwing the story at them and let them blow it up.

In all reality Seattle didn't have much of a need for Harvin. Somehow they keep finding receivers like Jermaine Kearse and Lockette that are good at what they do in running solid routes and fighting for the ball. Harvin was a luxury that wasn't paying dividends all too much but people really underestimate his value as a decoy among being a big time playmaker. The numbers don't show teams linebacking cores overreacting to the Jet Sweep motion and fake to him before giving it to Lynch up the middle. Once Harvin hits it for even 10 yards it's a deadly play action element.

#9 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 22, 2014
    NYJetsO12 and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  10. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

I know it goes against the narrative on these boards, but...if this had happened, the moves would be ripped waaaaay more than Jets picking him up.

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Their loss, our gain.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I wasn't worried about the character issues, but more his injury history. Seattle dumping him like that was a really low blow. Pretty weak considering Seattle just won a Super Bowl, but has to justify a move to everyone by trashing the guy's character.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Just look at the college program that Percy is coming from, the Florida Gators. On the one hand you have the choir boy of football in Tim Tebow. On the opposite side you have possibly a multiple-time murderer in Aaron Hernandez. Anyways to the best of our knowledge Percy hasn't done anything against the law and nothing worse than punching a few teammates and pushing a coach or two. If he fucks up they will get rid of him and he will maybe be out of the league. A league that is very good at blackballing players who make waves. Look at Richie I, he's still out of a job even though he can play and teams need "offensive" linemen. This is a win win for the Jets even though guys like Stephen A Smith will still find ways to rip you.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I'm tired of reading all of this criticism about Percy Harvin. I'm sure he's not in the running for the Nobel Peace Prize, but, so what. Seattle needed to trim their budget so they could handle big contracts for their QB and others.

The Hawk hierarchy felt they had to malign Harvin so the fans would accept the move.

Once Percy hauls in a fifty-yard bomb and does his patented toe drag into the endzone everybody will shut up and the Jets will look like geniuses.

NYJetsO12 and IDFjet like this.
  15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Steven A. Hole literally makes me ill. That is all.

You couldn't pay me to watch that insufferable ass clown say a word. It's drivel

16. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Assassination of Character is all it is.

We won the deal, lets enjoy it.

Walt White likes this.
  17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Fuck Richie Incognito. I was in a chat with Bart Scott on my lunch break years ago and I asked him who was the dirtiest player he ever faced and he said Richie Incognito without a doubt. I had vaguely heard of him and this was before all the S@#$ hit the fan in Miami. Richie earned his unemployment.

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Incognito is a bully, and coward. He get's dirty when he gets beat. That's a guy that has a bullseye on his chest if ever gets on the field....he'll get his, the scumbag

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

except they don't have any evidence to back-up the idea that the Jets are not disciplined because it simply is not the case (as I just pointed out in another thread) :)

20. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'm not defending the bastard just giving an example of a player being blacklisted. You can say the same for Tebow who in spite of his winning record and great college career can't even get a tryout even though there's a ton of injuries. This is over 2 seasons. You can also put Michael Sam in this category and there's plenty of others. Even if you hate Richie if he's been cleared by the NFL to play and he has the talent he's getting blackballed by somebody.

#20 pclfan, Oct 22, 2014