2014 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JStokes, Aug 29, 2014.

1. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

[​IMG]

3. JetsHuskers fan

Big game this Saturday against Miami. If Big Red can win that game with a big lead they will be ranked at least #15 afterwards. Losing isn't an option for them. Best part is that it is a night game, so all day will be spent tailgating.

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

If UM's freshman QB looks like he did vs Louisville you guys could run the Canes off the field. I know that Abdullah is going to put up at least 150, they just need to keep him out if the end zone.

5. JetsHuskers fan

Abdullah is a Heisman candidate. He is really the only reason they they beat McNeese State, where I felt like I was watching a Jets game during that one, they were like 18 point favorites and blew it. So beating Miami won't be a definite with the Huskers.

6. JetsHuskers fan

What a beast. Cant wait until the Jets draft him in the future.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Florida State is such a fuckin joke. Jameis Winston rapes a girl and gets no punishment, shoplifts and gets no punishment from the football team, but he's singing an obscene song on campus and he gets a half game suspension.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...clemson-tigers-shouting-obscene-phrase-public

How fucking stupid do they think we are? Suspending him for something small so it looks like they keep order at FSU (Free Shoes University)

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Looking at the NFL's problems and this idiot repeatedly stepping on his dick, maybe a "Death Pool" for the next clown to emerge would be in order except for the fact that it would involve unfairly targeting innocent people. But, if there were a "will eventually hang himself" death pool, this numbnutz would rank high on that list. Guy's living in a bubble..

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Heading up to Syracuse this afternoon to see the son and take in the Maryland game at the dome tomorrow.

Dinosaur BBQ tonite. Oh yeah.

_

74 likes this.
  10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

winston suspended for the entire game, breaking news

11. JetsHuskers fan

He would fit right into the NFL and its current culture.

12. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Kid is such a fuckin moron. Why is it so hard to just keep your shit straight when you have a one way ticket into the NFL.

We're losing this game. No question. I have tickets to that game, don't even feel like going anymore.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

As Lee Corso would say, not so fast! Yes, FSU will probably tone down their offense for Macguire which will play into Clemson's strength (their DL). But on the other side of the ball, Clemson's pretty much lost all their offensive weapons from last year in Tajh Boyd, Sammy Watkins and Martavis Bryant. If the game were in Clemson then maybe but since it's in Tallahasse I still see the Noles prevailing even if they don't cover. I do hope they do least that lowlife dimwit Winston be held 'up' as a martyr by the bottom liners. To that end, I've already heard the FSU students booing Paul Feinbaum on "College Football Gameday" for lauding FSU's decision to ban Winston altogether from today's game.

On a positive note, I'm now hearing them giving Sean Macguire a "Derek Jeter!" type chant leading into a taped interview of him.

Hoping the 'local' kid (Seton Hall Prep, NJ) does well.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yeah you might be right. I was pissed off last night lol

I don't follow college football much but I always follow FSU. I was reading more about him this morning. 4th best player in the nation out of high school and he spent a lot of time with the number ones when Winston was playing baseball.

Let's hope it works!

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

It would really damage FSUs chances at repeating but luckily they have the four team playoff so they would probably have to win out if they lose tonight. A second loss would hurt em a lot.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

FSU still a 10 point fave

they were -19.5 originally, -14.5 yesterday

17. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

They won't be in the top four if they lose. They have a cupcake schedule, and the ACC is extremely weak so they're already at a disadvantage.

The PAC 12 winner will get in, two SEC teams will probably get in, and the number four team will be another one loss team, who will probably have had a tougher schedule than FSU. Hell, a two loss SEC team might get in before an FSU team with one loss.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

True, this is their hardest game correct?

I guess this game tonight is must see TV.

19. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

It's probably their second hardest game.

They play the Gators on the last week of the season, and they'll probably be a top 25 team by then.

The amount of heat Jameis will take if FSU loses is going to be ridiculous, that alone makes it must watch TV?

20. JetsHuskers fan