ISIS beheaded U.S. journalist James Foley

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're the ones poking the hornets nest. We've been doing it for 108+ years now in the Middle East since Standard Oil began to search for oil reserves in the Arabian peninsula and to look for governments that might be sympathetic to their sales pitch.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Thats true that we went to them, but the Muslims have tried for centuries to destroy civilizations because they didnt believe in Islam. I can assure that if we got up and left the middle east completely, that they would attempt to destroy our civilization, the same way they did others in the past.

3. Br4d

So you mean the Muslims rolling over Northern Africa and Spain and into the Balkans in the name of Islam was different from the US rolling over the native Americans in the name of Christianity?

Just curious on this, and why you think the Muslim conquests from 1100 onwards were different somehow from paying for scalps while we seized land by force?

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont agree with either, and I am Native American, it does offend me that they killed off most of the Native Americans from my bloodline.

5. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I don't think it had anything to do with Christianity. It had to do with what was seen to be progress, not religious conversion. You may think it was progress or not. I think it was abominable. But they do not compare. The Islamists want to return to the 6th century--preferably with nuclear weapons in their possession.

soxxx likes this.
  6. Br4d

Every native American tribe that was assimilated was assimilated by religious conversion to Christianity. Those that would not be assimilated in this way were systematically hunted down and exterminated.

The actual motivation for the crusade was to seize land but the mechanism used was exactly the same as that used by the Islamic jihads and the methods were just as ruthless and final. We did this hundred of years, even a thousand years after the Muslims did it.

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

all of history is just about one people rolling over another. in most of those cases it was just a matter of space. somebody pushed someone out of their space and they proceeded to try and push some else out of their space. it wasn't pretty. the Ottomans gave their conquered peoples the same choice that iSIS is giving theirs: pay the tax, convert, or die. this is pretty much ALL about religion. In most of the other cases, even the Crusades, religion was used as a motive to gain a different end. but it was not the real motive

8. Br4d

All of history is about the victor boasting how great and special they are after they have rolled over somebody and converted them or exterminated them.

it just is what it is.

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

" .......and coming into the turn, it's Soxxx in front by a length and a half followed by Redskin Dancer, Native Troll, Squaw Snapper, Offend Me, Shut The Fuck Up, Broken Rubber, with Bullshit bringing up the rear......nearing the 7/8th pole, it's Soxxx still in the lead by a length as Squaw Snapper and Redskin Dancer are starting to fade but starting to make a run along the rail is Shut The Fuck up and Bullshit........here they come down the stretch and it's Soxxx, Native Troll, Bullshit and Shut The Fuck Up!........Bullshit and Shut The Fuck Up are making a run and are closing fast!......heading towards the finish, it's Bullshit, Shut The Fuck Up, and Soxxx!..........Bullshit, Shut The Fuck Up, Soxxx!!.........and at the wire it's: Bullshit, Shut The Fuck Up, with Soxxx to show!!!"

[​IMG]

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dammit I had money on squaw snapper

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Keep making a mockery of me you sick son of a bitch, I really appreciate it...

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

its different because the world, and the ability of other group's ability to know and respond to such behavior, was different. today, when you try to take over another land it is known immediately, and if another group perceives your efforts as a danger to them they take action to protect themselves, even if you aren't doing anything different than what they did. the fact that this dynamic did not exist back then is not just some small, technical difference but a huge gaping difference.

there is nothing wrong with one group stopping another group from expanding its power to protect itself, and it isn't hypocrisy for one group to stop another from doing what they did. if the ability to stop the white man from taking over North America had existed someone would have done it then, too. but it didn't.

just because this country wants to stop another group from expanding in the same manner we expanded and grew into power doesn't equate to there being any merit in judging, defending or rationalizing the actions of ISIL against actions that resulted in the good ol' U-S of A. the only thing that matters is whether ISIL is a threat and, if so, should efforts be taken to keep them from expanding to protect what we have. the world is different now, and today a specific group has the ability to know of ISIL's actions and stop them. and, from the perspective of defending yourself, rightfully so.

soxxx likes this.
  13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Oh relax already you sick son of a squaw…

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And regardless, if we went to the U.N. and threatened to remove Mecca, the muslims would stop the bullshit so fast. And if they did do another terror attack within the confines of this country, then you you remove it. And IDC if its in Saudi Arabia, 16 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, that should tell ya something about....

Would this piss them off? yeah but they cant say we didnt warn em.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LOL. Gotta love when somebody claims to have a person on ignore and then responds to them directly.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im not claiming anything, I know I have you on ignore. Unfortunately the feature doesn't work as well as it should considering it says "show ignored posts", and when you flip through threads and you see one person talking to themselves, you realize they are responding to a person that I have on ignore.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The feature works exactly how it is intended and you see absolutely nothing of the person you have on ignore. Of course if you click on "show ignored posts" it will show the posts of the person you have on ignore. It is pretty fucking clear. The ignore feature works but is not dumb ass proof.

abyzmul likes this.
  18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Hey why don't you show up, you can bring your neighbors, friends, countrymen, internet terrorist buddies, IDC... I strive in a target rich environment, hell bring your enemies too tough guy, I don't care who shows up.

And get my quote out of your signature now, I removed your idiotic quote, so its only fair that you remove mine you internet terrorist.

19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Sometimes I start to wonder what your posts even mean but then I remember who it is coming from. Your quote will remain as a reminder of what a troll you really are.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Alright bloke, ill give you 10 hours to explain this idiotic statement otherwise it will be ending up in my signature:

You can say what you want but I have never said something as moronic as that, no one is allowed to have an opinion on someone/anything if they don't have a personal dealing with them? WTF world do you live in man? And you call me the crazy one....