Bills sign Kyle Orton

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Fuckin Manziel. Wanna-be quarterback

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Help team win 3 games. Suck ass on historical levels for 7. Right. You make no sense as usual.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

This is simply moronic.

_

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You mean Deion? Were you even a tadpole when he played?

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Wrong thread for this but: which of the games that the Jets lost was Mark Sanchez going to win? Have you forgotten the 7-6 win against Arizona near the end of 2012 when Sanchez had to be pulled for Greg McElroy because his play had become completely pathetic?

The Jets had no QB's last year that were going to do well. Despite that they won 3 games they shouldn't have (TB, @ ATL, Cle) because Geno actually played well enough to win the games, bringing the Jets from behind to win in each case. Mark Sanchez last come from behind win for the Jets was in week 3 of 2012 against the Fins.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

You're right Brad, wrong thread, and wrong person to have a discussion with. When I first became a member of this board I thought you were the best poster on here. As I spent more time on here I held you in regard as not the best but still a top poster. Now, after a couple of years, I have read a large enough of a sample to see that the truth is that you're an idiot. So let's just cut the bullshit. I was digging at you earlier, I have no interest in conversing with you.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Johnny Bench

8. Br4d

What exactly is your discontent here? The Jets went 8-8 last year and Geno stood out in several of the wins. He stunk in many of the losses. Are you pissed off because the Jets didn't go 5-11 in the process?

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't think Idzik would take Manziel over Bridgewater.

10. Br4d

We don't know what the Jets board looked like this year. We probably never will. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that either of those guys was rated much more highly than the other on said board.

For my money Bridgewater was the safe pick and Manziel was the pick that might produce a Hall of Fame QB but with no safety at all in the choice.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Idzik did some big time scouting at Louisville last off-season. He also fits the bit in regards to college production.

I'm not a fan of Manziel at all - Bridgewater may have been safe, but he's also got plenty of upside.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Orton is awful.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Anyway, back to the OP. I wonder how many games go by before the Bills go to Orton?

It will be very interesting seeing how well he does. Not only comparing their use of him to the Jets' use, or non-use, of Vick, but also because I am on record here as saying the Jets should have gotten Orton.

14. nyjunc

Orton will put up #s leading the Bills to losses. he will throw spectacular TDs w/ Buf down 20 pts late in the 4th qtr and it will impress the average fan into thinking he must be pretty good b/c his #s are.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont believe in Marrone, he drafted the wrong QB imo (although there was no right QB i 2013), and its going to cost him his first coaching job imo.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Me neither.

I would have had them Bridgewater, Carr then Manziel. Then Mettenberger, Garoppolo, McCarron, Murray, Fales.

_

17. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to bring this back up but did anybody else see the money they're giving this guy?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/kyle-orton/

11 million over two years!? o_O

to JUST be the backup? Orton's gonna wind up the best paid backup QB in the league next year, with a cap hit of 7 million. and thats a PLAYER option mind you, he can essentially say the Bills have to pay him 5.4 million on a whim next year.

Now, some guys like McCown or Cassel have gotten that something a bit close to that in the same amount of time, but they're expected to START or at least compete for the starting job for it and are a much easier to part with financially.

What this tells us is that somebody in western NY must have been terrified of not having a quality backup and that they have a fairly high opinion of Orton. It could also mean they have a lot of doubts about EJ Manuel going into his second year, and that they want him to compete with EJ eventually.

Is there anybody here thats of the opinion that Orton was worth this kind of premium price in lieu of what some other guys like him got paid? I don't think he's an awful backup QB, but is he really so good at the role that he should be paid the best? This makes Mike Vick seem like a steal in comparison.

18. nyjunc

Kyle orton has fooled a lot of people, he is a rich man b/c of it.

19. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Someone's gonna have to play quarterback after their O-line gets Ej killed against our D.