Bold & crazy picks in your drafts / Jets picks

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Barcs, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Barcs

Barcs Banned

These are always fun.

I did my first FF draft of the year this week, a 12 team snake draft for $40 bucks a person.

Alex Smith went 12th overall. I almost fell out of my bar stool when that happened.

Victor Cruz went 13th.

Greg Jennings didn't go until the 15th round

Ray Rice went in the 5th (not really a surprise)

Michael Floyd went in round 13

Johnny Manziel went in round 15

Trent Richardson lasted all the way to round 12

Tom Brady lasted till round 5

Notable Jets: Eric Decker & Chris Johnson in round 6. Chris Ivory in round 7. Nick Folk in round 8. Jets D in Round 13. Jeremy Kerley in round 15 (me). Compared with our draft last year that's a big difference, as Ivory, and Jets D were the only NYJ picks in 2013.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lol Alex Smith's going to be wiping his rear end off from all the grass stains he's going to get due to a green offensive line this year. The rest of that's pretty funny too though I probably wouldn't be drafting Jennings either. If I ever did play for money I'd love to play in your league with some of those picks.

I thought Vernon Davis in the 3rd round, Andy Dalton in the 5th and the Seahawks defense in the 6th round in a 12-team league were all nuts in my league last year, and shockingly all worked out (the latter two were actually picked by the same guy, who got to the title game only to lose to me). A few years back one of the other guys in my league didn't pick a single WR till like round 11 or 12. Somehow he made the playoffs, but lost to me in the first round when his receivers predictably didn't do crap.

#2 NYJFan10, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Wait... Someone drafted a kicker in 8th round?

Also what about Rashad Jennings, when was he picked?

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Rashard was the first pick of round 4 (picked by the same dude that drafted Smith in the first and Cruz right after).

I came so close to winning the league last year. I had the best record and more points than every other team, but lost in the Semis because The Saints played like shit that day and I had Brees, Jimmy Graham and Sproles playing. Probably my fault for riding so hard on the Saints, but those 3 did awesome most of the year.

5. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Thanks, good to know.
    I think he's up for a big year and would love to get him in 3-4 rounds. The problem is I have a crazy Giants fan in the league (it seems so do you) and she is guaranteed to over-reach for him.

6. NYJFan10

Some clown in my league just traded a 3rd rounder, a 4th rounder and dropped down in rounds 10 and 14 for Aaron Rodgers and an 8th rounder. What's so goofy about that? The guy already had PEYTON as his keeper. And no it's not a 2 QB league or QB Flex league. He wants to clean up in a trade later on. Good luck with that when your QB douchbaggery has already ticked off half the league.

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Yea I've seen some crazy shit, cpl years ago my buddy picked janikowski in the 3rd Lol. Last year I took knowshon with my 2nd to last pick, that has to be the best value pick I ever made

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Damn, trading up for Rodgers when you already have Peyton? Wow. I guess the guy he really wanted already got picked? That seems like such a terrible move. Last year my friend drafted Rodgers with pick 1 and Brees with pick 2. He's a newb so I understood his mistake, although I was pissed because I wanted Brees. I ended up getting Peyton Manning instead, so it worked out pretty well though.

9. NYJFan10

And then he drafted STAFFORD with his next pick lol, so his roster's currently Peyton-Rodgers-Stafford and Jamaal Charles (first overall pick). He doesn't have another pick till the end of round 6 which is like late round 7 value with every team having a keeper - it's a slow online draft where everyone gets twelve hours to make a pick or trade and post it on a message board, it usually takes two and a half weeks.

Thankfully I got out in front of the latest QB run and traded up for Luck towards the end of round 4.

#9 NYJFan10, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Stafford move might be so he has someone valuable to trade. The Rodgers move might because it's a keeper league making Rodgers more valuable than in a normal non keeper league and P. Manning is old.

Best reasoning I could come up with aha

11. NYJFan10

You only get to keep one player, at the cost of where you drafted them - and for one year. So if he was going to keep Rodgers it would be for a 2nd rounder next year and then he'd lose him after that.

His #2 running back is Mark Ingram lol (and his #3 is Davonte Freeman)

12. NYJFan10

And btw Pierre Garcon lasted into the mid-7th round in this same league. I guess people are wary of them adding D-Jax+RG3 looking like crap this preseason.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Had my draft last night. Matt Forte fell to 5 after someone decided to grab Calvin Johnson first. Paired him up with Bernard. Also grabbed Pierre Garcon and Cam Newton. With Steven Ridley possibility being cut, getting Shane Vereen might be a steal.

[​IMG]

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I got Forte with 6th overall. People are sleeping on him.

15. 101GangGreen101

Seriously. With Sproles in Philly (he will take receptions away from McCoy), Forte might be the 2nd best fantasy RB next to Charles.

16. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I got Eddie Lacy at 17 in a work league draft...

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I took Demaryius Thomas & Emmanuel Sanders. Along with Golden Tate, Sammy Watkins, & Kelvin Benjamin

18. 101GangGreen101

Thinking about starting the Jets defense this weekend - I have the Cardinals defense as well but they are playing the Chargers.

19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I picked Miles Austin in 14th. Long shot obviously

20. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

jets D against Carr is a solid choice.
    I have DET (against Giants), but seriously thinking about switching to Jets.