Top 5 defense, for sure

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Barcs, Aug 20, 2014.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No, you'd NEVER boycott the Jets if they did something you don't approve of, would you? You wouldn't be a fan, right?

Following them on TV doesn't mean shit, dude, you live in NJ, you get it for free.

Jets69 and 74 like this.
  2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Does that not increase ratings and therefor revenue from advertising? Do I not pay for cable TV? LOL at free, I pay for the NFL package. And hilariously you follow up with ANOTHER unrelated quote from a completely different thread about FIRING Schottenheimer. But yet you pant me as a complete homer, only loyal to the team, when the thread I posted in demanded for Schotty's head. 3 completely different quotes, on 3 completely different topics, with completely different context. Keep failing.

3. abyzmul

Barcs, there's no "painting" when it comes to you being a complete homer. It's fucking obvious. To EVERYONE.

4. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Wow, so you support the team to the tune of a fraction of a cent of advertising revenue for turning on the TV and maybe a whole $1.50 for the team's share of your high roller NFL package? Where would Woody be without the support of true fans like yourself?

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The Barcs' quality that makes most people hate him most is when he clearly loses an argument yet insists he wins based on whatever nonsense he posts, even when it is clearly irrelevant or flat out wrong. I sense a lot of that coming.

I doubt he realizes the entire board is laughing at him, not with him. He's a tool of epic proportions.

6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

This is entertaining, and I can't honestly say I want it to stop, but Barcs has a good heart. And he's just one guy.

Now if you saw Abyzmul eviscerate Mr. Electric a few years ago, that was a comic book turned into a blockbuster. Truth crushing Evil. Now matter how belligerent and wacky he is, Byz will always be my hero for ripping off that bully's scrotum and ramming it down his throat. Mr. E and his platoon of nasty, mewling lickspittles. Good riddance.

Best. Thread. Ever.

abyzmul, BeastBeach and joe like this.
  7. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Not even a Jets fan, nor do I recognize too many posters here on a consistent basis, but holy shit lol, this is one of the funniest threads I've seen on this forum.

byz went in hard.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The guy who never comes to TGG without a hat-on.

;)

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^
    Spot on- my ribs are still aching from laughing. The definition of a "10-8" round.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I haven't really been reading the entire threat but I think if you claim to boycott the Jets for whatever reason you should leave the board.

The asinine statements of "if this happens I'll stop watching this team" are so annoying whether you're 15 or 75.

We aren't the Mets where a boycott of going to games might actually make the team sign a bat to give them some hope. Whether people like it or not this is by far the most successful era of NY Jets football there's ever been, and it's been a lot better than the bottom tier of NFL franchises can say for themselves.

Perhaps an unnecessary rant but it's very annoying to read of self imposed boycotts.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I remember that guy - he wasn't that bad ... I was pretty new to this board still at the time.

12. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Anyone got a link for the lazy?

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He get's crushed in the BS forum regularly and does this, it's comical.

_

KWJetsFan likes this.
  14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As far as I am concerned fans of other teams are welcome here as long as they follow the rules. So why is it okay for them to be here (which Ftr I believe they should be), but a Jet fan going through a period of disillusionment should not be allowed to post here? WTF?

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean it was said on the extreme side that posters should leave the board. It was more so implying that those statements should not be said unless you hold true to back your word and stop watching the games.

It just simply comes out as whiney and annoying.

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I think Mr. Electric and Barcs have something in common

17. abyzmul

18. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Holy shit I just scrolled thru that entire thread. a couple takeaways...

One - the board is much better off without him. A legend in his own mind who never brought enough substance to justify his attitude.

Two - there have been a shitload of posters banned the past couple years.

abyzmul likes this.
  19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I have a rebuttal to the individual quotes ready, but so many of the answers are the same because 90% of those quotes are either optimism or taken out of context and have nothing to do with my knowledge of football. I'm trying to shorten it up. I'm also considering addressing one post every few days.

What have we learned from all this? Optimists simply aren't welcome on this site. Only on a Jets fan board, would a bunch of butthurt darksiders consider hyping up your team before games and getting excited about our chances to win, to be a negative trait. That's the hilarious part about all of this. Darksiders don't like being called out for making bullshit emotional statements like "Rex Ryan is a moron" or "Cromartie is a piece of shit" or "projectplayer XYZ will NEVER be good." This is why I sarcastically respond to those people or call them out for it. They follow negativity like it's a religious doctrine with confirmation bias and assumptions. Hell there's an entire doctrine out there for the Rex haters and 99% of it is myths supported by cherry picked arguments and confirmation bias.

Call me a homer, a positive paulie or whatever you want. The one thing I will never be called is a pessimist, because it reflects a generally upset whiny outlook on life, not just the Jets team. I don't insult developing players or coaches on the team, unless they really warrant it. I make fun of people who do because these guys act like it's simple or that they have more knowledge than a high paid football GM or coach. It's downright comical at times, and guess what if you don't like it, you can go fuck yourself. I will support this team, I won't predict failure year after year. I want to see the team do well, and people bashing the team constantly only hurts us as a whole and makes the fan base look bad. Giving developing players the benefit of the doubt also doesn't make someone a blind homer.

But again, abysmal's conclusion is that I am a complete homer (when his original conclusion was about my football knowledge) but I have posted multiple things that conflict with this ideology. Surprisingly aBSmal has not posted any of this.

My hatred for Schotty that goes back to 2009, before I joined this site. I wanted him fired, and STRONGLY wanted him fired after that botched goal line stand in Steelers AFC championship game. There are numerous posts of mine supporting this. That doesn't seem like something a homer would say.

I couldn't stand Wayne Hunter. I wanted him gone badly. I bitched numerous times about him destroying Sanchez' career and being a horrible player.

I was against Idzik trading Revis, and didn't agree with him not bringing in DRC or signing Cromartie back for cheap. I even took a shot at him during the time and said not to be surprised when Wilkerson walks after Idzik lowballs him. But I'm a homer!

I took shots at Plaxico Burress multiple times about him not being able to get separation ever.

I disagreed vehemently with the decision to let Edwards go. I disagreed with the decision to not attempt to sign Keller.

Is a homer not defined as somebody who is blindly loyal to the team and supports every front office decision no matter what? Looks like you'll be backtracking after this post and claiming I'm something else or changing the definition. I do support the team unconditionally, but I've said it numerous times. There's a big difference between being critical of certain decisions, and being a downright whiny pessimist that insults people on the team and bitches about every possible thing and paints every decision in a negative light. I speak out against that stuff, and ya'll pessimists fucking hate it. That's the comedy of it all. I've angered aBSmal so badly that he spent hours upon hours searching through my post history to make me look bad. To me, that's a win.

And I do win arguments. Nobody ever argues logically on this site, using facts and addressing counterpoints. They resort to "you're stupid" or "if you don't agree you're an idiot," or "you know nothing about football." It would be different if I was proven wrong and kept insisting my points were right despite being debunked, however nobody addresses the points. They instead address the one line at the bottom I added in for dramatic effect that has nothing to do with the substance.

What about the Holmes thread? That wasn't quoted in here. Shocker:

- I argue that Holmes isn't fully to blame for his poor production in 2011, that Schotty, Sanchez and the oline are more at fault.

- People reply that he's a cancer and hasn't been productive

- I quote his stats to show his targets are much lower than most other #1 WRs in the league, and to demonstrate Schotty isn't using his #1 paid WR properly

- People reply that it doesn't matter because he simply isn't productive

- I quote Larry Fitzgerald stats with bad QBs throwing him the ball and they are very similar

- People reply that you can't compare Fitzgerald to Holmes, which is completely irrelevant and call me names for it, despite it proving my point that a good WR can have poor production with a bad QB.

- People repeat all their original arguments and call him a terrible team mate / cancer and call me names for it again.

- I post dozens of quotes from team mates and former team mates talking about how Holmes has worked hard and utilized much of his time teaching and mentoring the young receivers, along with several articles demonstrating that he is an exemplary team mate that just wants to make the team better and help them win games. I also post several character references about his charity work.

-Everybody either shuts the fuck up or ignores it and insists I lost the argument or that I'm a homer.

That pattern exists in almost every argument or debate I get into. Nobody addresses points, they only focus on drama and name calling. That's just he way it is on here I guess. If you aren't a darksider, don't post or you'll get ridiculed. I'm the type of guy that likes to stand up for the little guy or root for the underdog. I don't come from an entitled family or financial situation. I'm not an extreme liberal that thinks everything needs to be PC and that controversial opinions should not be discussed. I'm sorry that my convictions and outlook on life so greatly offend people on here, but it's the way that I am and it's not going to change. When you let petty emotions like fear and anger affect your life to that extreme, it can cause unnecessary stress, which only deteriorates your mind. People get mad when I argue against them and shit on them, so they resort to name calling. One of the biggest logical fallacies you can use is ad hom personal attacks. I don't care when people do it joking around, but when it becomes the meat and potatoes of your argument, you fail. Just like Stokes, KWJets, Waterboy, etc have done multiple times when "discussing" topics with me.

#119 Barcs, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    abyzmul likes this.
  20. abyzmul

Hey fool, you have been a fan of this team for a fraction of it's existence. You still feel like you have the right to tell us to be positive. Johnny come lately. You're a plebe.

By the way, my hatred of Schotty goes back to early 2007.

You're a homer, but even more, you're a positivity troll. It's sad that there's even something like that, but you are what you are.

I'm almost disappointed that this was your response. It really sounds like "goodbye", in a faggy sort of way.

#120 abyzmul, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014