Respect for Brian Winters!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Aug 26, 2014.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

This guy is a walking penalty so far in this preseason. No discipline whatsoever...

LWC611 likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Fewer Flags and I'm good. Tired of seeing all the dandelions when he's on the field.

3. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I like the attitude he brings to the offense along with Colon. Yes, you risk some extra laundry on the field, but that mean streak is what opens holes late in games and gives your entire offense a little bit of chest puffing and confidence.

As long as their attitudes are of the "protect your own" variety, f the flags. I'd rather have our big boys looking across the line saying "come get some".

MAN I can't wait for the season to start.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I think Winters has impressed comparing his play to last year.

I don't think Aboushi is there yet. I think the kid has a bright future as does our OLine but he needs to polish up his technique a bit more. Another year behind Colon and I think he will be a 10 year staple. But technically, the Jets have him behind Winters on the depth chart.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I get Nagle's point here, but it is also true that consideration does not mean in and of itself that the perception of improvement in Winters is inaccurate. Fact is it would make a huge difference for this team if he can become a solid contributor at LG, so I hope it's true. They still need to find a good RG, and it's far from clear Aboushi is that guy, so the Jets might need to go high pick for OL next off season anyway. Winters success would take off a lot of pressure. And medium term, don't forget that Mangold and Ferguson are not going to play forever.

6. LWC611

LWC611 Member

That is what I have seen also. I am not sure what people are so happy about.

7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Winters is still the weakest link on the OL though...

I rank them like this:

1.Brick
    2.Mangold
    3.Giacomini
    4. Colon
    5.Winters

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I only have a general impression of Winter's play this pre-season...and it's not good.

BigCockBlocker was right on about the future of the o-line. As much as we need glamor positions filled don't be surprised if the next few drafts stoke up the o-line.

9. Big Blocker

I agree, douchebaggoddess. Heh.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude can't even be witty.

11. Footballgod214

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

12. Big Blocker

Nonsense. I am far more intelligent than you and you know it.

For example I was joking with you and you missed it. There was no battle to begin with.

I think you're just defensive because you know you had no fair reason to call me the name you did. It's okay, it's just a message board.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i think the play next year is to draft an OT very high (1st or 2nd round).
    We have no depth at all, Breno is average stop gap player, and D'brick can't play forever.

That said, I'm really hoping Winters can step up, and he is showing some positive signs.
    I absolutely loved the pick when it happened, but he no doubt struggled as a rook. I actually like Colon quite a bit as a stop gap. Depending on Aboushi and Dozier's progress, we might not need to draft a G next year. Maybe just re-sign Colon or another vet for competition. A lot of that depends on Winters.....so fingers crossed..

LIJetsFan likes this.
  14. Big Blocker

I agree. In effect the Jets should probably go high pick in the draft next year even if Winters pans out.

15. Footballgod214

I actually meant that reply to Abyz's post next to yours....my bad. And yes sir, you are the most intelligent poster (at least one of) here.

16. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Im not feeling our guards.... and idk how i feel about the seattle guy at RT yet either.. our lineman are just bullies this year that keep getting flagged for it lol, brick and mangold clearly dont hang out with the other guys

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think Breno his pretty solid but I do have concerns with out guards. Colon was ehhhh last year and Winters was brutal. He looks to have gotten better (although its only preseason performance) but the real test will come when the games count. I'd say that area is a bit of a question mark for us right now.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is like a rhinoceros made entirely of fail falling into the ocean and being swallowed by a blue whale made entirely of fail.

19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

honestly... its a bigger questiong mark than the CB issue to me.. at least the other areas on defense are strong and can somewhat help the CBs out... O-line is on their own and is needed to make this offense prosper. They sucked last year too if u ask me.. they are the reason Ivory lef the league in YAC.. bc he was breaking tackles in the backfield all the time..

20. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Brian Winters....Lets see....Hmmm??? Looks a bit undersized at Guard. He's still weakest link on OL, but...he's probally the best they got at Guard now...lol. Aboushi might be better at LG as season progresses. I really see Winters as Jets future replacement at Center...for Mangold....down the road. I think that will be his best position in the NFL.