rate my team thread...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by CraigF1210, Aug 17, 2014.

1. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

Didn't see one on the first page so here it goes

12 team

QB Wilson, Alex Smith
    RB Charles, Sankey, J. Bell, Fred Jackson, J. Hill, Grimes
    WR Nelson, Cruz, Harvin, Stills, Wheaton
    TE J. Thomas
    Def New England
    Kicker Hauschka

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Can't wait to fill this bad boy up later when I'm home lol.

As for you? 8/10

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Seeing as you got Jamal Charles, I'm operating under the assumption that you had the 2nd overall pick.

You have some good Rb depth. I don't know much about Joique Bell, other than Yahoo has him rated fairly high; will you be starting him?

Jordy Nelson has had hamstring issues, but he's so solid in that Packers Offense. Harvin always concerns me because of his injuries, but if he stays healthy and avoids stupid ailments, like migraines, then he's an awesome playmaker at WR who also gets rushing yards, which, needless to say, is so valuable. My other concern is Victor Cruz. Normally, I'd say he's a good, safe option because he's got Eli as his Qb. But the Giants are running a brand new scheme this year (for the first time in who knows how long), and there OL problems from last year still exist. With all of the Defense's focus on Cruz, it'll be tough for him to go off this year. But who knows? He's still an excellent player.

Last year, I had Peyton Manning & Matt Prater (Denver's Kicker). I loved that combo because any TD that Peyton didn't throw in the RZ (excluding the Run game) resulted in Prater getting points; and, any drive that stalled outside the RZ, Prater was still called upon, especially at home in Denver. My point is, I like how you have the Russel Wilson+Hauschka combo. And by all account, Wilson looks better than he ever has.

Julius Thomas is a stud TE, and just as important, he's got the Sherrif throwing him the ball. Thomas has also had a full year now to improve, which you gotta figure is a definite, as he's been working with Peyton.

Overall, you have a pretty solid squad with a few concerns. It's hard to rate your team without any context (i.e. what the other rosters look like) but in a vacuum, I'd rate it somewhere around 7.0-7.5/10.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We had to do our draft early because its damn impossible to get the guys together so we had to do it when we could.

10 team, non-PPR league. I drew pick #8 unfortunately. What do you guys think?

QB Cam Newton
    RB Arian Foster
    RB Le'Veon Bell
    RB/WR Toby Gerhart
    WR Larry Fitzgerald
    WR Reggie Wayne
    TE Zach Ertz
    D/ST Browns D/ST
    K Dan Bailey
    BE Ryan Mathews RB
    BE Sammy Watkins WR
    BE Eric Decker WR
    BE Marques Colston WR
    BE Danny Woodhead RB

5. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

Personally not a fan of the rbs you drafted (especially Foster) but I can't deny that to have all of them you certainly got good value and have enough depth to take the risk.

Your Wrs are certainly talented and could be strong enough to make up for the fact that you didn't draft a top guy, but your depth is thin

Not a bad draft, but not the guy I have been targeting

6. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

Thank you for going so in depth! I went with the 3 slot, I never considered the Wilson-Hauschka connection, but I like it now that you mention it because of how often Seattle is expected to be scoring this season. I love Wilson as a QB, not so much in fantasy with how they are usually playing from ahead, but waited a bit late to take my QB

For my rb2 I'm hoping that one of Bell, Sankey, FJax can provide solid value. Fjax has been doing it for awhile, and Bell/Sankey have upside.

For the Wrs I'm a big fan of Nelson, especially with Rodgers back, Cruz could be huge, but could be average. I got Harvin in the 8th round, so I see anything from him as an added plus to my team. I think Kenny Stills and Wheaton could both have flex value with changes to their roles coming into this season.

Big fan of Julius Thomas this year, with Decker gone I'm expecting him to do more over the middle and add a few TDs

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

thanks for your opinion. Even though its my team I actually agree completely haha. I don't love my top RBs at all but I had the 8th pick, I am of the strict mindset to take RB #1 and with picking 8th all the good ones were gone. Maybe I screwed myself. Hopefully Foster bounces back.

I took Watkins late in the draft because I am in a league full of Bills fans and if he shows ANYTHING the first few weeks of the season they will be so far clung to his jock strap that I might be able to rip them off in a trade haha

8. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

It was definitely a good strategy with the rbs, It would be very unlikely that more than 2 of Foster, Mathews, Gerhart and Bell bust, so you shouldn't have a weakness at rb. I'd maybe consider trying to move woodhead in an A and B for C trade to open up a roster slot to grab one of Fosters backups just in case. Because in all honestly with your Rbs you should hope to never have to start woodhead.

Now if all of your rbs work out, your season could be huge, you could move one off for a big upgrade elsewhere and have a very strong team

Of course I did something last year and it completely blew up in my face haha. I ended up with Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, Ridley and Lamar Miller... That season did not go well.

9. The Uniform Bomber

Is your league PPR?

Foster is probably flying under the radar this year. He isn't rated very high (like he was in the past), but he's still an excellent Rb who catches passes. My only concern is his health. What's his status? At one point in the past couple of years, didn't he have back problems? I get paranoid about injuries (injury history) when it comes down to my first two picks.

Bell is a nice Rb and the Steelers even line him up in the slot/outside (if PPR, then he's got added value with that element of his game). What's Bell's status regarding the weed charge? Missing any regular season games?

I'm actually a bit more concerned about your WR corps. You definitely have some depth with that overall group, but I'm not sure how reliable your 1 & 2 WRs are. Obviously, Larry Fitz and Reggie Wayne are HOF caliber WRs, so I'm not talking about how reliable/good they are as individuals. I'm talking more in terms of health, age, and team Offense, specifically Qb.

Wayne has Andrew Luck getting him the ball, so that's a plus. But he's 35 years old, coming off a season-ending injury. And it should be worth noting that the Colts OL has also been questionable, along with Trent Richardson.

Larry Fitzgerald has been trudging along as he's been stuck in that Cardinals Offense for longer than a guy like him should; he deserves better. When Kurt Warner was at the helm, he was great. But ever since then - especially recently - he's been struggling to reach those levels where he once was. Who's the Cardinals starting Qb? Carson Palmer? I haven't followed the team that closely, so I'm not sure who's getting him the ball. But what's nice is that they also have Ellington at Rb and Michael Floyd (who many think will have a breakout year) at the other WR spot, to alleviate some attention & pressure from Fitzgerald.

I like Ertz a lot, and you can probably count on him in that Philly Offense. In this year's FF Draft, after Jimmy Graham, the next best guy appears to be Gronk, but who can trust him to stay healthy? And then, after Gronk and Vernon Davis, there's a pretty significant dropoff -- so big that it's probably a good idea to wait til late on TE, which is where someone like Ertz can be had at value. Just curious, was Jimmy Graham available with your first pick at #8?

Cam is the ultimate wildcard. He can have MONSTER games with his rushing and passing. However, Carolina is deprived of weapons. Greg Olsen is definitely a solid TE. But I think Kelvin Benjamin is like their go-to WR right now. We all know how dangerous it is to rely on a rookie WR, especially with a Qb who's still himself developing. That being said, I've heard Benjamin looks good so far -- for a rookie.

lastly, speaking of rookie WRs, I gotta give you kudos to your logic with grabbing Sammy Watkins in a league full of Buffalo fans. That can definitely play to your favor at some point this season. Also, keep this in mind when evaluating rookies (not just WRs, but generally): In a majority of last year's Drafts, 14 rookies were chosen in the top 200 players. Of those 14, only 4 outperformed their Draft selections; the other didn't live up to the hype. So, just be weary of being dependent on rookies.

#9 The Uniform Bomber, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I don't like Ertz I think he's being overdrafted this yr. Cam I'm just worry abt the WR situation there. Bell I like a lot I even traded for him last year but I think Blounts gonna take up bigger chunk of the carries than most ppl think. Nice grab with Gerhart and your bench is deep. So I guess Id just look to improve your TE position.

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  11. The Uniform Bomber

It depends on people in your league. If someone reaches for Ertz, then that might be their problem. But I've seen him fall pretty far is some mocks.

Otherwise, I agree with the rest.

12. Fred Mertz

Fred Mertz Active Member

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, D. No Flex...
    A Dalton
    RB's
    C.J. Spiller
    D Murray
    R Cobb
    R Jennings
    K Moreno
    WR's
    M Crabtree
    D Thomas
    R Wayne
    R Randle
    TE
    K Rudolph
    L Green
    K
    D Bailey
    Bears

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

10 team league - non-ppr
    QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex (WR/RB), TE, K, D/ST

Flacco

L. McCoy (keeper)
    G. Bernard
    C. Johnson
    R. Rice
    D. Sproles
    D. McFadden

A.J. Green (keeper)
    Emanual Sanders
    Marques Colston
    J. Maclin
    H. Nicks
    T. Austin

J. Graham (keeper)

Jets D/ST

Vinatieri

TNJet likes this.
  14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Wow you got some awesome keepers

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Rate my team!
    14 team standard scoring
    number of starters in parentheses

QB (1)
    Russell Wilson
    Josh McCown

RB (2)
    Matt Forte
    Rashad Jennings
    Pierre Thomas
    Chris Ivory
    Andre Williams

WR (3)
    Vincent Jackson
    Eric Decker
    Hakeem Nicks
    Reggie Wayne
    Mohamed Sanu
    Jordan Matthews

TE (1)
    Julius Thomas

K (1)
    Brandon McManus

DL (2)
    Sheldon Richardson
    Michael Johnson

LB (2)
    Lance Briggs
    Paul Worrilow

DB (2)
    Calvin Pryor
    Eric Reid

Definitely the most Jets I've ever had on FF team

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

10 team with QB, 3 WR, 2RB,TE, Flex,K, Def (Got the unlucky 10th pick)
    QB
    Nick Foles
    Ryan Tannehill

WR
    AJ Green
    Eric Decker
    Piere Garcon
    Brandin Cooks
    Andrew Hawkins

RB
    Chris Ivory
    CJ Spiller
    Fred Jackson
    Ben Tate
    Darren Sproles

TE
    Jimmy Graham
    Jace Amaro

K
    Nick Folk

Def
    Carolina

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

10 team PPR, not a fan of my draft. Starters in parentheses:

QB (1):
    Matt Ryan
    Phillip Rivers

RB (2):
    Matt Forte,
    Alfred Morris,
    Ryan Matthews,
    Pierre Thomas

WR (3):
    J. Nelson,
    R. White,
    R. Wayne,
    T. Williams,
    D. Amendola,
    K. Britt
    N. Washington

TE (1):
    Zach Ertz

Flex (1): Can be RB, WR, or TE above

DEF (1):
    Arizona

K (1):
    Nick Folk

I didn't like this draft. I thought I did a poor job and was stuck in awkward spots where either I was taking a player too early or taking a player where they should be but someone I didn't like.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

10-team PPR league, WR/RB/TE flex with the 8th pick last night. We start 2 QB's so the draft is a total shitshow. No one goes where they should go. Here's how I faired:

QB (2) - Stafford, McCown, Hoyer
    WR (3) - Megatron, VJax, Garcon, Harvin, Nicks
    RB (2) - Stacy, Foster, Gore, Woodhead, Sproles, DeAngelo
    TE (1) - Olsen
    Def (1) - I play weekly, so this week it will be Cincy
    K (1) - Bryant

I clearly went for the PPR upside here. Stacy is going to carry the full workload and will probably be the beneficiary of dump offs, Foster is healthy with no one threatening his job and no capable QBs on the roster, then my receivers I think are strong.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

QB
    Foles (Rd 6)
    Palmer (Rd 14)

WR
    AJ Green (Rd1)
    Dez Bryant (Rd2)
    Percy Harvin (Rd 5)
    Wes Welker (Rd 8)
    Brandon Cooks (Rd 10)

RB
    Ben Tate (Rd3)
    Frank Gore (Rd 4)
    Andre Williams (Rd 9)
    Donald Brown (Rd 11)
    Roy Helu (Rd 12)

TE
    Greg Olsen (Rd 7)
    Charles Clay (Rd 13)

Defense -Jets (Rd 16)
    Kicker - Folk Hero (Rd 15)

20. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Nice! Went WR/WR I'm assuming? I feel like RB2 is actually deeper than it looks this year.

Had a similar setup (10 man full point PPR 3 WR start plus flex):

QB:
    Matt Ryan

WR:
    Dez
    AJ
    Reggie Wayne
    Terrance Williams
    Justin Hunter
    Jordan Matthews

RB:
    Andre Ellington