2015 NFL DRAFT TOP PROSPECTS

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, May 11, 2014.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

He will be a joy to watch this season. Definitely a standout of the Irish defense.

2. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

KeiVarae Russel is a beast and I think could easily work himself into the 1st or 2nd round. It will be especially interesting watching him this year as ND's defense in switching to a defense that uses a lot more man/press coverage.

3. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

My dream draft as of now has us taking Shilique Calhoun to fill the OLB spot next to coples, and then Dorial Green beckham in the second because he will slip due to his issues even if he does play(which he may not, but might still enter draft like honey badger did a couple years ago) and then KeiVarae Russel in the third if we could get him there or if need be trade up picks to get him in the second also. Those three would be absolutely sick to have on this team that is already so young and talented. Only catch is that at this time we would have to blow the season to be in a draft position that would project getting each player in their respective round.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

The way I see as of today our 4 biggest needs are Corner, Receiver, Linebacker and Tackle

5. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Miles Jack xD

6. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

Aaaaaaand KeiVarae Russel is dismissed from ND for academic fraud. Great.

7. Ozymandias

As an ND fan this is a huge blow. Davaris Davis and Ishaq Williams were also dismissed. We already lost Torii Hunter Jr for 6 weeks.

UPDATE: No bans yet. The players are still in school just being held from practice and games until investigation comes back with results.

#87 Ozymandias, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  8. ccraveiro21

ccraveiro21 Member

^ that makes me happy haha, really like him as a player

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Cooper or bust

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Only if Geno looks to be a keeper.

11. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

CB was our 1st round pick in 2007, 2010 + 2013. We traded our 2011 2nd rounder for Antonio Cromartie & used a 3rd rounder this year for McDougle.
    But you're right ----- its still a need.

12. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

How is Tyler Lockett not in your type 5 WRs? He is the best route runner of all these WRs.

13. Monty_Droppings

Monty_Droppings Active Member

I follow college football but not extremely closely, until the draft, when I begin watching tape of interesting prospects.

Is there a Clowney type pass rusher in the 2015 class? If not, who is the best pass rusher?

I've heard that the 2015 draft is not going to be as good as the 2014 draft, fair enough, the 2014 draft was one of the deepest in recent memory. Now I am just wondering, is it just top heavy (very good top 10 players with a steep dropoff), or if it was deep with very few top prospects?

Is there a premier ball hawking coverage safety? Is there a great man corner prospect?

I might end up looking at the draft much earlier this year.

14. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get into college football for the past 5 or so years. Still don't have a set favorite team yet. Started off as a South Carolina fan when Lattimore became one of my favorite athletes. Was also a big fan of Alshon Jeffery, and wish the Jets would've drafted him. Now I really want to try and get really into college football, its just hard to keep track of all the teams and players in my opinion. I've liked Oregon for the past couple years so I'm gonna try to follow them more closely.
    My favorite position is cornerback, and I suspect the Jets will be drafting another CB next draft; so does Oregon have any shutdown corners that would be exciting for me to watch?
    Also, what other teams have corners of that caliber that you know of? Just trying to be aware of which teams I'd like to watch the most if I can catch their games on television.

15. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

16. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Oregon actually has the best corner in the country, both in play and as a prospect, Ifo Ekpre Olomu. Short guy but fast and physical. Florida State has two studs in PJ Williams and Ronald Darby.

17. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams , DT, for USC is a monster. In a 3 4 he would be a DE or " EDGE". He's expolosive, a run stuffer, and dominant at the point of the attack. Like you, I don't really follow college football until the draft, however,there's a writer by the name of Matt Miller at bleacher report, who does a good job of documenting the elite players in the nation.

As for the offensive line position I'd look at Cedric(don't know how to spell his last name),and Brandon Schereff. Those are two top left tackles.

18. Ozymandias

I like Funchess or Coates better for us. I like Cooper's play, but not how he conducts himself off the field.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Virginia Tech has 3 corners that all have pretty good NFL potential. We could replace Kyle Wilson with Donovan Riley - he's a far better CB then Wilson and dominates in the slot.

20. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Nicely chosen account name.

I too prefer a more physical receiver, but Cooper is a guy I would make an exception for. There are a lot if good Sr receivers out there too do it will be interesting to see how it shakes out (Antwan Goodley being my favorite).