Rich CiMEANi

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

With all of our struggles at QB over the last two years, if our largest problem right now is that the 4th string QB isn't having a good camp....I'm feeling pretty fucking happy about that.

NFL Facts of life:

1. Most rookie QBs struggle
    2. Most 4th string QBs don't make the NFL roster
    3. If your entire career was based on how great you did your first 7 days at work...I think you'd be fucked too.

We had 12 draft picks. Once we were unable to trade some of them to move up, you do what the Jets did. You draft a couple of Risk/Reward guys, and see what happens. Maybe Geno pans out, Vick leaves next year, Boyd spends a year on the practice squad and next year improves to be the 3rd string QB, eventually settling into being an NFL backup. You know what that has to do with how many INTs he threw in his 7th practice of all time?

Jack shit.

So, let's all relax. He's a backup for a reason, and a rookie at that, in the worst position in the NFL to be a rookie. If Taj Boyd not being 'ready' becomes a problem for the 2014 Jets...stop worrying and light up a cigarette, because we're already fucked.

ArmandJ, Brook! and nycarl like this.
  2. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I don't think Boyd stickks but I don't think Simms does either. Despite the fragility of Vick, Simms hasn't looked great and we r better off carrying another WR or OLB and leaving Boyd on the P/S

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sounds like Simms upped his game this off season, and I would imagine thinks he has a chance to see the field this year even as a third stringer, given Smith being a question mark and Vick's injury history. It's happened before, in the not too distant past.

Did he up his game because the Jets drafted Boyd? Hard to say.

4. Big Blocker

Funny you say that. I concede I have no real evidence other than perception to base it on, but that notion occurred to me before, too.

5. Big Blocker

I read a camp report that said Simms is looking good. If that is erroneous, so be it.

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Simms deserves the #3 spot. He's looked pretty solid and hopefully he eventually becomes a cheap #2 for us.