2014 NY Jets Training Camp Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Jul 21, 2014.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Funny you should say this since I agreed with the Stephen Hill fan club in this instance. Nice post though. I guess.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Really though - How has Hill been looking in camp? No excuses, etc. Does he look better ?

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Well, according to reports, which is all we have to go by, he is looking much improved. Making good catches and his route running seems crisper. He has had a few drops, but nothing really terrible.

I'm really worried about him at this point. Not because of the drops, but because of the drastic steps forward he would need to take to remain on this squad. I can't imagine Idzik hangs on to him if he slightly improves. He's gonna need to really step up for us to hang on to him. Not sure if he's gonna do that.

4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Hill looks great every camp.. This is nothing new.

5. Falco21

I'm really excited about Coples. All I've heard is how great he looks and how much improved his game is. The sky's the limit for him and I think with the addition of Babin, he will flourish.

This front seven could be scary as hell if Coples becomes great. Babin, Coples, and Barnes could cause a ton of trouble with the pass rush.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He also has the best dance moves of the d-line.

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah loved my time up there. My older guy graduated last year and my younger guy will be a sophomore this year. Been making the trek since 1977.

_

8. BrowningNagle

Thanks for the reports on Hill - -

Has anyone surprised in camp? like perhaps a guy coming out of nowhere?

Sorry to ask these questions, but back in the day you would get actual reports from camp in the newspapers now you get bullshit to sell headlines and it's more about the press conference than football. Maybe they cover it on twitter, but I am not a twitter guy or good at following one sentence blurbs.

9. Falco21

You can follow this thread every day. We all update it every practice.

The only real surprises were the huge leaps Coples is making and Sudfeld at TE. Sudfeld has looked excellent and seems to be coming along nicely as a depth guy, possible number two.

10. BrowningNagle

Thanks - Glad to hear about Sudfeld. He has real potential. The guy is huge. He looked great in Patriots camp last year too, I am glad we stole him away. That's one thing I like about Idzik, he seems to want to make the TE position a priority, particularly big TEs.

With young QB that is a life saver. We went from having the undersized Keller and little else for a long time, to three monsters in Cumberland, Sudfeld and Amaro. If one or two of them pan out as pass catchers that would be huge for Geno Smith.

11. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

TE Jace Amaro, who tweaked a knee on Sunday, on the field in pads. Looks fine. #nyj

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No Pryor. Was really hoping he would be able to practice.

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

No reason at all to rush him back, and they're gonna red-jersey him when he does anyway. He doesn't need reps as much as he needs classroom time anyway, so as along as he's there at all I'm not concerned.

14. Jay Bizniss

15. Jay Bizniss

16. Jay Bizniss

17. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Something to consider with Hill. He is only 4 months older than Shaq Evans and already has two years of pro level experience, during which he HAS flashed at times. All people remember is the drop against NE. He has been injured too the last couple years, and that seems to be behind him now after having surgery or a "procedure". He is cap friendly, and has insane measurables. I see almost no scenario other than injury he is not on this team. Still way way too much upside.

18. Jay Bizniss

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The drop against NE is not all that people remember. We remember watching a clumsy looking receiver most of the time. Hopefully he gets his legs under himself and learns how to be coordinated like good NFL receivers need to be because if he doesn't he'll never be worth a shit in this league.

20. Jay Bizniss