LOL Bills

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by abyzmul, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

The Bills aren't moving. It doesn't matter where Bon Jovi wants the team, ownership will not sell the Bills to a group who wants to move them. You all act like they are forced to sell to Bon Jovi. There are multiple billionaire bidders, all of which want to keep the team in Buffalo.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Ownership group is on record that they sell to the highest bidder. Bon Jovis group has some big time investors, some of the richest people in all of Canada. The owners would love to welcome him into their group. I would be quite nervous if I was a buffaloanian, buffaloon... (Fortunately for you, you aren't a buffaloian anyway, so what do you care)

3. Bills over Jets

There is a clause in the trust that states the Bills cannot be sold to a group that wants to move the team. With all of the support from New York State, the politicians, buffalo-connected billionaires, lease penalties, relocation clauses, and trust conditions that do not allow the trustees to sell to a group they think will move the team, there is no way the Bills leave Buffalo. There are multiple billionaires who want to purchase the team, and all but one (JBJ) want to keep the team in Buffalo.

#23 Bills over Jets, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

LOL Bills getting sent to Kanada? Good luck with that, hopefully they let y'all cross the border.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It appears that the limitations in the trust only apply as long as their current stadium lease. My guess is the Bon Jovi group is not the only one testing the waters for what might be in eight years or so.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That would really suck for Buffalo, but if it means he has less time to make his godawful music, I think they should take the bullet for the rest of us.

7. BrowningNagle

Bon Jovi's group is thinking long term. They will say all the right things about keeping the team in Buffalo and buy it and then figure out moving to Toronto in a few years when they can get out of the lease. The penalties aren't really going to amount to much to those folks anyway. Not to mention that a new owner doesn't have to own it long. You could have a guy buy it, understand he's not going to get a new stadium and flip it for profit in a few years to the Toronto group.

That's why playing those games in Toronto throughout the last decade was the worst idea in the world.. it laid the groundwork for a potential move...

And I have to laugh about the politicians/ NYS part....I wouldn't count on NYS politicians, they are corrupt as fuck and honestly most of their focus is downstate in the city. Cuomo has already backed off his rhetoric because he knows he doesn't want NYS to foot the bill on any new stadium and that might be what's necessary to keep the team. That's going to be the kiss of death for the Bills. The dream of a new stadium in Buffalo. That's not going to happen whether they stay or not and thats could be the divisive stake that causes things to unravel.

And - there are very few Buffalo-connected billionaires, I don't know what you are thinking...theres like 3 with any net worth enough to buy the Bills. The Jacobs family of Delaware North Company already announced they won't bid. Tom Golisano of Paychex, but he's up there in age and would only be a short term fix. The best hope for Buffalo people is probably Terry Pegula the Sabres owner. He has the means, so we will see. If I gave a shit about Buffalo I would hope he wins the bidding process.

Everyone else will be out of town bidders. They will all maintain that they have intentions to keep the team in Buffalo because that's how they will be approved but who knows after they buy it. It's very real that the Buffalo Bills might not be around in 10 years.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

As long as he doesn't put cheesy promotional stickers and coca cola ads all over his car I think he'll be fine.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Nah its because they know who I am.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No, I guess I got ahead of myself calling him a liar. Bon Jovi's investment group spokesperson is a liar. That guy obviously has no idea what his bosses want.

11. Bills over Jets

12. BrowningNagle

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yes, they know you are a capitalist swine trying to make money off cheesy promotions.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

They should add a team to Toronto, although it may hurt Bills attendance and ratings. I think it's about time to start working on an expansion of the league. Add a team to LA & Toronto already.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Haha not true.