Spiderman 2 (Spoliers)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, May 3, 2014.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

1st half

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ok that might explain it, im not critical of movies usually but the 2nd half felt botched which is something I really dont think about while watching a movie.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Wait, Matt17, how does that happen? Haha.

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Watched online at work and It was long...:)

5. The Dark Knight

Hahaha, okay I gotcha. Yeah, watching the first half of the movie at work wouldn't be too bad. I agree.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

First half? Second half? You'd have to be borderline retarded to like any 5 minutes of this piece of shit movie.

soxxx likes this.
  7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Terrible movie. I was sitting in the theater wanting it to end so I can leave (went with a friend). Although I had a similar thoughts during Captain America 2, so maybe I am just not a superhero movie type of person anymore.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Jamie Foxx reprising Richard Pryor's hokey role in Superman 3 FTL.

#28 abyzmul, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  9. The Dark Knight

Yep. It turned out to be the worst kind of superhero movie: Completely forgettable and unnecessary. A few months after release, no one could care less about it.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Unlike these new Spidey films...I can watch Guardians of the Galaxy again and again.

But I also like cosmic storylines

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And money wise it has done the worst of the 5 Spiderman movies, which might mean they could reboot the whole series again if it is sinking.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, Sony is screwed with another reboot. how many existing consumers would want to see yet another Spiderman incarnation so soon; hell, there was uproar about this series and it was 10 years removed from Raimi's first. Sony has to make this series work, although the audience already knows it doesn't and interest in it is minimal.

box office will continue to dwindle for this series of films and its spinoffs. but Sony will not return the rights to Marvel regardless of minimal profits or even losses because the value is too great, so they will just continue making bad movies, investing less and less into them until we get something close to Superman IV. When the bottom falls out of super hero movies they may then let the rights lapse back to Marvel.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Financial though SONY is sinking. I am not sure if they would actually sell the rights to Spiderman, but eventually they may be forced to do it.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I just rented it, and it was way better than the first one. I liked the smart puns made to both the citizens and villains alike. That first one was, after tickets and refreshments, a huge ripoff.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

16. JetBlue

Watched it this weekend. Just an uninteresting movie. The characters are worthless and I couldn't care less what happened to any of them. Harry Osborne was the only somewhat interesting character but what a horrid acting job.

17. JetBlue

Andrew Garfield is a horrible Peter Parker. No harm there other than losing credibility having to change course and actors so soon. The only way to make it work is introduce him in a Marvel movie with a new actor and then spin that off the same way Marvel salvaged the Hulk by adding him to the Avengers and it didn't feel like they were scrambling to redo the movies but rather introducing the character all new.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think Fox did an average job with this movie, very forgettable - but Andrew Garfield is no where near as bad as Tobey Maguire in regards to Peter Parker or playing as Spider-man.

If Marvel gets Spider-man back, I don't want to see a new origin reboot. Do the Spider-man movie, but have little flashbacks here and there in regards to this past.

19. JetBlue

Sony won't relinquish or sell the rights for Spider-Man back to Marvel, they are simply too valuable. What they would do is permit him to be used in a Marvel film, the value of which would be reigniting interest in the character which they can then leverage in stand alone films.

Basically let Marvel redo and reintroduce him as a supporting character and Sony makes the stand alone films that gain credibility from Marvel's efforts.

20. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Would be the smart thing to do ! And fans would really give a lot of trust back to the franchise.