Ray Rice Two Game Suspension

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BrowningNagle, Jul 24, 2014.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Iron-fisted Goodell and the NFL to announce a measly (in comparison) two game suspension for Ray Rice stemming from his girlfriend beating incident:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...s-ray-rice-will-be-suspended-two-games-by-nfl

For those of you like myself keeping score at home, here's some of Goodell's finest recent suspension decisions in comparison:

- Trying to make a family and take a fertility drug without filling out some paperwork?: 4 games (Robert Mathis)
    -Sell your autograph, in college, before even being hired as an NFL employee? : 5 games (Terrelle Pryor)
    -Hit someone too hard in the head during a game? In a sport that is all about and encourages hard-hitting?: 1 game (many players) 2 games if you are Brandon Meriweather: oh wait, they reduced it.

-beat the shit out of your girlfriend until she is unconscious? 2 games

hmmm seems about right.

Oh- and if you are an owner and get all messed up on alcohol and drugs and almost kill someone by crashing your car? (Irsay) Goodell will get to it - - - eventually. Everyone else gets quick "justice".

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

That is pathetic. Rice is lucky he wasn't incarcerated. It's good to know ppl. Irsay, will be able to attest to this fact.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Yeah, doesn't seem equitable. The video alone should have produced more of an outrage from the league.

I guess Rice marrying the woman and the two of them probably passionately pleading their case together convinced him to be lenient, but that doesn't make any sense.

_

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Smoking weed is more dangerous to your NFL career, then hitting your own wife.

5. JStokes

You get a concussion and they take your helmet away, and you're out until you've been evaluated and pass neurological tests.

Give your wife a concussion and...meh... 2 game suspension.

_

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I listened to the John Harbaugh quotes about this on the radio. Holy pathetic. I hope Ray Rice tears his ACL, MCL and PCL on his first tough carry in preseason.

What a piece of shit.

And I hope he does it while tearing Harb's throat out with his cleats.

Fuck that team.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, Harbaugh's statements were really odd to say the least. I believe he called this 'a mistake' like he just tripped over his own shoe or something.

But then again, the organization has employed Ray Lewis who may or may not have murdered someone and Suggs who poured bleach on his wife.

abyzmul likes this.
  8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He is talking as if Rice ran a red light, I could even accept this type quote if it was for a DUI but for assaulting a woman this statement is just disgusting.
    His daughter is about 12 years old now, wonder how he would react if she starts dating someone and he decides to just knock her out. Would he be accepting of a slap on the wrist for the offender?

abyzmul likes this.
  9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Two grown people had an argument/altercation. Shit should've been handled better on both their parts.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I think it is way past that part in the discussion and I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks it was handled correctly at that time. The issue now is a 2 game suspension for something that should have warranted, without doubt, at least 4 games and probably more. A 2 game suspension makes the NFL disciplinary system a joke with no rhyme or reason to suspension lengths.

11. abyzmul

A man punched a woman in the face, knocked her unconscious, and dragged her out of an elevator by 1 arm like a sack of laundry. Yeah, I guess that could have been handled better.

12. BrowningNagle

Ray Rice: "Janay and I have learned from this..."

I can't believe the balls on this fucker to actually say that. What exactly did she learn, Ray?

13. abyzmul

She learned how to shut her trap for a big payday.

14. JStokes

10,000 battered women every day.

Number 1 reason?

They won't FUCKING LISTEN.

_

15. The 1985er

That woman spit on that man. Yeah maybe you shouldn't be spitting on people. Both parties played a role in the altercation. It should've been handled better before it got to a point where things got physical.

16. The 1985er

I agree with this.

17. JStokes

It's kind of weird.

4 games is pretty much the standard suspension for anything. I can't remember the last 2 game suspension.

Goodell really missed an opportunity here. He could have gone 4 with little outrage, could have gone 6 and been a hero.

He went 2 and now he looks like a pandering ass.

But he'll make sure everyone has their pink gear to show how much the NFL supports women and breast cancer.

Battered woman?

They should make them wear black and blue ribbons.

_

18. JStokes

My bitch spits on me I'm knocking her the fuck out.

Wait, whut?

_

19. The 1985er

He's a grown and she's a grown woman. If she feels like she needs to express herself by spitting on him then maybe she should've walked away and avoided the situation in the first place.

This is not an Ike and Tina situation where Ray was flat out abusive. This was two adults having an altercation, two adults that should've handled the situation better. She shouldn't have spit on him (which is nasty and very disrespectful) and he shouldn't have hit her. Both were in the wrong.

20. BrowningNagle

What are you a psycho? He knocked her the fuck out. oh- but she spit on him? Really - you are going to make that argument??