Espn First Take - Patriots Should Be Worried About The Jets ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RubenDias, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I think that Rex is always going to be talking, unless he feels like he has a really bad team. Last year he was completely in defensive mode, talking about how he knows the team isn't the worst in the league. All the questions were about the QB situation last year - and this year, there's no big media controversy. I think that's a huge media win and it'll help the team focus on football, rather than having the constant drama of focusing on who will win the QB competition.

Guys are talking up the team, being confident - and yet not overstepping things. There are no predictions that we'll win a Super Bowl, just optimistic statements where guys are saying that they think this is a playoff team. I think that's the kind of optimism you want heading into the season. Every team should want to go in with that mentality. People will draw the line between confidence and overconfidence at different places, but I think it's important to go in with more confidence than people think you should have. Not too much more, but more. You don't want to play down to expectations of mediocrity.

2. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't take stock into any coach saying good things about his team or player. I haven't heard one coach not say good things about there team in the off season. Hell the Jags HC talked about his team making the playoffs this season. Don't see see anyone getting on him.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well the reason for this is because we have the dumb NY Media throwing things out of proportion.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Long time Pats fans might be scared of us but fair weather ones wont. Their fans in the know are more concerned we aren't going down the toilet. There are more right things with Jets than wrong. We have at least one decent QB, a smart GM and a growing talent base. If they are not scared now then they will be after next years draft.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

That is very true.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Stephanie A-hole Smith is such a racist. His 15 minutes were over years ago.

7. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I'm always concerned about divisional games. They're different. Usually close, almost always hard-fought, no matter what the two teams' respective records are.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He also said he doesn't even think about the Pats... That is complete bullshit. The man is obsessed with the Patriots.

BTW, none of this will mean shit when the two teams play. Rex always has his team up for the Pats.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The easiest road to the SB starts with winning your own division. Our 2 NE games are the 2 most important games of the year, when looking at the big picture in the off season.

And the Jets aren't the only team gunning for the Pats. The Jets, Miami, and Buffalo make beating NE a priority in everything they do from drafting to FAs to playbook both offense and defense.

Where Tanny was happy to go all in on one shot at the ring, Idzik seems more interested in building a young, talented team that will be in the SB conversation year after year, and it all starts with dominating our own division.

The 1985er and JetLifeLo like this.
  10. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Always must mean something different to you. Rex is 3-7 regular season and 4-7 total vs the Patriots. In those 11 total games are included 4 blowout losses.
    31-14, 45-3, 37-16 and 49-19. Rex has his team up for the Patriots 65% of the time. Hoping for 2 good games this year but I suspect the Jets are in for at least one lopsided loss.

Big Blocker likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes, it's the wins along the road that matter and building for the future. So the question is, given this Jets team and this schedule how do you win??? IMO just ground and pound ...safe to say Geno can do a handoff lol.
    While optimistic about our teams playoff chances, my opinion will be strengthened only if Vick QBs and our running game dominates time/possession. Jet fans may hate Mr. Smith but most of what he said about the team (forget Rex and his mouth) is absolutely in touch with reality. We have all the the players to meet some tough competion within the Division, but putting on rose colored glasses and not heeding some critics is like ignoring your intuition

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Rex is 4-7 against the Pats.

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

One hit changes their franchise....again.
    This time there is No Brady Behind Bledsoe.

Not wishing injury but just saying...we are bringing the fuking heat this year. :mad:

14. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    He's almost as pretty as Tom AND he looks tan year round. Clearly you underestimate his talents.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The Patriots should be worried. They rarely have an easy time against us. One play away from sweeping them last year and they still don't have any premier receivers.

16. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I believed you but still had to look this up... I'm actually kind of surprised, it feels more even than that. I guess the 2011 and 2012 seasons (both years swept by NE) skew the records. The Jets got the big one (1/16/11 playoff game) and Rex was 3-2 at that point against the Pats. Then the two sweeps and last year's split.

Regardless of the past I believe both games will be very close in 2014.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Maybe no premier receivers, but they don't need that kind wiht Brady as the Qb, unfortunately. I think it unlikelyl Gronkowski is totally past his injury problems, but at wideout I expect they will be more than adequate.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Ftr I also hate Ryan's record against Miami.

19. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Older but good article on NE's offensive system and why they are so dominant.

http://grantland.com/features/how-t...helped-maintain-dominance-tom-brady-patriots/

"The biggest advantage of the concept-based system is that it operates from the perspective of the most critical player on offense: the quarterback."

I don't think they are worried about the Jets. I don't think they worry about anything outside their own building.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I wonder how many teams out there have better than 4-7 records against the Patriots. I bet there aren't many.