Idzik Sucks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, May 8, 2014.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

8 hours ago you would not have made that comment that safety was a need. You're fooling yourself and Idzik is clueless. The Jets should have gotten a real GM.

2. boozer32

I hope its Matthews too but right now just no confidence in Rex to make that pick. Probably a DE tomorrow in the 2nd round.

3. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Safety was a known need. Are you dumb?

4. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Exactly. Check the highlights on Mathews to those who care.

BacktoQueens and heartpumpsgreen like this.
  5. boozer32

Really? Explain how. This guy Pryor is not a playmaking safety and he will have tons of penalties in the NFL with his helmet to helmet hits. He will cost more games than win for us. Deone Bucannon was a better safety bigger, faster and a true ballhawk. Pryor is a in the box safety and we have Allen, Jarrett, Rontez Miles, Allen all the very same type of safety. You commenting like you know the Jets needed a safety is comical you don't even know the current personnel

NYJetsO12 and AJW like this.
  6. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

lol, the Jets just grabbed a pro bowl caliber safety, the top safety of this class. his one knock is that he may be too vicious to draw penalties. our secondary just improved by leaps and bounds. get a wr in the 2nd, and damn im startin to pop wood

AJW likes this.
  7. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

Kill yourself OP. Kid is sick and we need a FS. which is what he will play. Sorry we are not the Seattle Seahawks just yet.

8. boozer32

If you wanted a FS than draft one. Pryors not. Bucannon is a FS and a faster one with more range. Pryor is not s FS more of a in the box safety which we already have 5 of.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

ok I agree with this point, I love Bucannon. but I'm not gonna lose my shit, Pryor will be beast for us

boozer32 likes this.
  10. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

He is more of a box safety but he has ball skills. He is not only a strong safety, he will get a shot to play FS, no doubt.

11. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

This guy sucks! So does Sheldon Richardson and Wilkerson! Every player ever drafted by the Jets sucks even before they play a snap!!!

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

We have a 6th round pick and nothing else at safety. I said it was a bigger need than CB, not WR. It can easily be argued that it still is a bigger need than WR with Eric Decker and Kerley.

Dax89 likes this.
  13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Lol you realize you could have made this thread BEFORE we picked?

There were always going to be a ton of people who hated whoever we picked.

We got a mack-truck safety, something we haven't had...ever. We have 11 more picks. Calm your nuts dude...

14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

even with last years assortment the team won 8 times and they brought in a top tier WR and a replacement at QB in case Smith tanks after all, how the hell do they manage to lose that many times this season?

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Lol. Did you watch the Jets in 2013? Safety is a major position of need. I stated on this board months ago that a safety in round 1 would make total sense. Safety or wide receiver or Ebron if he fell to 18.

16. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Evidently not from what I see.

Cakes likes this.
  17. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Wait did someone seriously say safety WASNT a need?

18. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

Truth, we have one know quantity WR in Kerley who is pretty damn good, and just signed arguably the best FA WR this year. Meanwhile the best player we have, not at safety, not at corner, but THE ENTIRE SECONDARY was benched at times for poor play last year. We certainly need a receiver, but after the Decker signing the secondary needs at least as much help.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Safety has been a need for the Jets ever since Kerry Rhodes left (ironically the last safety drafted from Louisville). Unless you think Antonio Allen and Dawan Landry is an above average combination.

I'm not overwhelmed with joy after the pick, but after Beckham and Ebron were off the board, there wasn't really a pick on the board that I would have felt that way about. The Jets need help in the defensive back end. Improving the safety position is a huge step in improving that.

What makes the pick look better is seeing lesser players like Ward and Bucannon go in the first round as well. Jets took the top end of the safety tier and started the run. That's always a good sign.

This is another issue with having the 1st round be its own day. Premature panic by overreacting fans. Plenty of receivers left in this draft that are very good.

BacktoQueens and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Proof please.