Jets Looking to Trade Up in Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Falco21, May 6, 2014.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not buying the rumor. The Jets would have to be making a move on an elite player in order to even consider trading up and whatever else Beckham is he clearly is not an elite player.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry this is the dumbest rumor I've heard yet. Why trade up to get a WR in the deepest WR draft ever?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Idzik probably floated this rumor to get some tard team to overdraft that flounder.

4. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. If the target is top 10, it's to grab any one of these five. Maybe you consider getting to 10-12 for Evans if he's available there.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

6. I don't think the Jets will end up trading up..and if they do it's likely outside of the top 10. That said I worry quite a bit about their being a run on WR's before the Jet pick.

Everybody wants to talk about how deep the WR class is...and maybe thats true..but it's a position that is difficult to project.We've had our fair share of non 1st round misses at WR.Let's face it...this is not an evaluating strength for the Jets. The need is absolutely glaring.Frankly I'd rather the team select one of the safer sure-fire WRs in round 1 & take my chances with filling other needs later in the draft.

Maybe all this late Beckham love is fabricated..but I don't think it is. He's climbing draft boards for a reason & it's not b/c of his 40 or any measurable.He's one of the best route runners in the class as well as one of the best after the catch. That makes him a pretty safe bet. And despite what others may think he IS an elite level prospect.

The 1985er likes this.
  7. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

At this point we don't know what the hell to believe ... I just read something with brandon cooks saying that he feels like the jets are pushing for him and seem really interested ... Who know what to believe lol

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And I just read an article that Marquise Lee would absolutely love to join the Jets and said the Jets were "very" interested lol

9. NyJ 7n7

NyJ 7n7 Member

Exactly ... I read the same thing as well with lee ... With OBJ, Cooks, and Lee ... Who knows! Watch all of this talk with these 3 mean nothing and we end up trading up for watkins or evans ... That would be pretty funny although I doubt it cause we would have to mortgage a ton of our future

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

maybe they'll get a bowling ball with butcher knives........

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I hope it is just BS. Trading up would be dumb, I like OBJ but not as a top ten pick and not if we have to give up additional assets for him,

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He's earned the benefit of the doubt to date, but with all the holes and needs the Jets have, trading up in this draft for one player is nuts. The only player/position the Jets should consider trading up for is Teddy Bridgewater/QB. If he trades up for a WR (Watkins or Evans or even Beckham), I will lose practically all respect for and trust in him. If he trades up for Mack, I would only be slightly less pissed.

I'd be thrilled to have either Watkins, Mack or Beckham on the Jets, but not at the price of multiple picks. Hopefully, Idzik is smarter than that.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Link?

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Haha..you think we could move from 18 to top 10 for just a 3rd? Think again.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Don't feel like looking for it.

16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Another reason this seems suspicious is that the Jets FO has been pretty good and keeping things under wraps but now it leaks that they are planning to move up?

17. Theres a possibility that the comp chart goes out the window this class.Teams looking to move up can leverage the depth of this class which puts more value on individual picks.Could make for some bargain trade ups.

18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This, hopefully.

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

hahahahaha... this would be very funny. Im sure this place would crash if Idzik drafted Beckham, aka flounder, let alone traded up for him.

20. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member