Should the Jets draft WR Brandin Cooks?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsxMVP, Apr 17, 2014.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes, like a TE, hopefully C Fdor. or T Nickles. Personally, I am tired of drafting defense early on. Idzik created this CB/S situation. For once, let's have an offense that's puts us out in front each possession.

deerow84 likes this.
  2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Why post in the draft forum if you know nothing about the draft?[/quote]

Weaknesses
    Average size and run strength. Does not break many tackles. Was slowed by nagging injuries, and body is not built to withstand a lot of punishment. Can do a better job securing the ball through traffic -- has shown a tendency to flag the ball. Long-term durability could become an issue.
    Draft Projection
    Round 1
    Bottom Line
    An extremely motivated, dynamic, playmaking receiver, Lee's junior season was plagued by shoulder, knee and leg injuries and a revolving door at head coach, where he cycled through three.

This is from NFL.com 101, and I'll post wherever the fuck I please. The Pac 10 is a flag football conference compared to the SEC.[/quote]

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Damn you know your shit bro! Newsflash every prospect has a weakness!

#123 101GangGreen101, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Probably the stupidest statement I've read in a while.

I'm not a Sanchez apologist, but the Jet's mgmt "poisoned that well".

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

In fairness though, USC WRs and really a lot of their talent are such rolls of the Dice. Younger Khalil and Cameron have been very good but who else? Robert Woods has just 1 year under his belt.....can't recall one really good USC defensive player right now in the NFL off the top of my head.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Clay Matthews say.."hi". You're right though, other than Matthews it's slim pickings on the defensive side.

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I forgot about Matthews admittedly. Dude's been getting hurt lately lol.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

#128 joe, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  9. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Personally, I think the vitriol in this discussion is pretty silly. Both guys are ggoing to be studs. If I had to choose oone for the Jets I'd probably take Cooks because he's less likely to Dez Bryant Geno Smith if he misses him with a pass or doesn't throw the ball his way enough.... And smith needs to continue to build confidence.

10. All i've got is youtube TV view,man.

I use the term "film" very loosely..likely from watching too much draft tv.Believe me I wish i did have access to the "all 22" views. That said I will only watch recordings of full games. I don't bother w/ chop ups or highlight reels.I also watch every second of senior bowl coverages including both team & daily practices & every second of the combine. This is one of the lone advantages to being totally disabled & in kidney failure.

11. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Hey Kurt so sorry to hear about your health condition ... Is there any chance of improving? I hope so.

I just wanted to make sure about the film thing Bc if it was out there I'd love to watch a little. I definitely respect your views more if u are watching entire games and studying as much as you can .... It's just harder to see how Cooks truly does getting open, running routes, blocking etc .... If we had coaches film we could all see that :-(

I'm hoping you feel better man.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How did Idzik create the CB/S situation? By not overpaying for FAs? By not being a moron and re-signing Revis? That's ridiculous.

13. NCJetsfan

14. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

All the people here who don't like Cooks probably loved Stephen Hill. Projections based on size are near meaningless in 2014: collegiate coaching and strength/conditioning programs are light years from where they were just 15 years ago. If a kid can produce at an elite level in college despite not ideal size, he will still physically be able to do so in the NFL. Particularly at skill positions.

This kid is an example of a great football player. I could care LESS how tall he is, or what his bench is. This is the kind of kid good teams draft. I'd take Watkins and Evans over him, but none of the others.

I'd be fascinated to see who Bradwaysucks has favored all these years. I wonder how many times "great value" and Stephen Hill were paired in his statements.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes, I guess you are right. Those signings would have cost more money. We are where we are. Personally, as I mentioned in post let's move on and create a good offense this year. Honest Indjun. By the way, do get protests over your avatar from Cherokee nation like the Redskins?

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Who determines what overpaying is?

17. NCJetsfan

No. My avatar actually is a quote of Sitting Bull. I ran across it recently on the web and really like it. I'm using it out of respect for him and the Sioux nation. It honors him and their philosophy.

It reads,

Truth4U2 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

Common sense. Logic. The market. Ultimately, it's the GMs and owners. No CB is worth $16 million. That's an absurd amount for a position that simply isn't that important. Really, all of them are ridiculously overpaid. Teachers have the most important job in our society. They are educating the children, who are our future. Often times, they have to try to make up for what parents have or haven't done or taught their kids. Despite that, teachers are among the lowest-paid people in America. Our country's priorities are all screwed up. Popular entertainers, Actors and Athletes, and CEOs are paid the most. Most of the music entertainers have very little real musical or vocal talent. Many of the athletes are stupid. Many of the CEOs are greedy and incompetent. Yet we all support and allow a system that rewards those things and doesn't reward teachers, soldiers, those who are put in harm's way (police, firemen, EMTs, and other safety workers) for the sake of the rest of us.

#138 NCJetsfan, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

No. Brandin Cooks looks like a bust to me, like another Stephen Hill, only shorter.

My predictions for the WRs:

Sammy Watkins: average career
    Mike Evans: average career
    Marqise Lee: Pro Bowler
    Odell Beckham: Bust
    Brandin Cooks: Bust

Despite all the hype, this looks like a weak group overall to me. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but that's what my gut tells me.

20. Dax89

Dax89 Active Member

I see a very high floor for Cooks, I can't see him really being a bust. At worst he'll probably be an elite slot receiver, which might not be worth a 1st round pick, but hardly a bust.