2013-14 New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Nov 1, 2013.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Yankees played with almost no bench tonight.

Just not smart. I know they don't want to DL Jeter or Roberts, but you can't play with 2 guys available off the bench or whatever it is.

Solarte appeared to hurt himself running out a grounder but he had to stay in because there were no position players left.

Beltran played first base tonight for the first time in his career. He'd always been either an outfielder or a DH previously.

3. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

And they still won. Lol. Take 3 of 4 from the 'Sux...ya buddy.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Ichiro with a dazzling catch to rob Ortiz.

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

ya buddy?

Yankees have shut out the Cubs for 15 innings so far today.

HAYN likes this.
  6. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Hey who is that in your avatar? Is that you? Reminds me of PaulyD. Hence, Ya buddy.

Anyways, Tanaka beasted today. Albeit the Cubbies but still. Pineda also continues his strong start to the season.

7. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Tanaka threw a pitch yesterday and it was sick. Yeah..splitter...curveball blah blah..but he throws the slider and then yesterday he throws a slider from around 60 percent..almost side arm.

Nobody knows for sure if this guy is for real but there is one sign that tells me this is as close to for real as you can get after 3 starts and that's his splitter. The splitter that goes down in the dirt eventually you get enough MLB players that will lay off it. His splitter can do both. He can empty it into the ground or start it inside up on a lefty and it ends up down on the outside corner. That is it for me. You cant do that. You cant throw your splitter several different ways. If you throw it for strikes?

I haven't been this impressed with a pitcher the yanks received since Guidry. He does not have 4 different pitches..he has 6 or 7. The really great pitchers are usually the ones you either get early in the game or never get. He has shown that from his first start. He gets stronger. He can throw over 120 pitches if needed in big games. 2 walks in 3 starts? 28 strikeouts and 2 walks?

You will hear the experts say the league will catch up with him probably. I say no way. Too many pitches..too many pitches for strikeouts. A splitter that doesn't have to get into the dirt to be effective? I haven't seen a guy pitch with this many weapons in many a moon.

displacedfan and Brook! like this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey Jay. I am not a huge baseball fan. I support both Yankees and Mets when they are in the playoffs. But Tanaka made me watch the Cubs game the other day. Very impressive guy. Not an expert but he looks extremely promising. Him and Pineda both impressive actually. If they can keep this up, Yankees future looks bright in terms of pitching.

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

totally agree brook. If both guys come on, in a matter of one spring the Yanks have addressed at least 2 of their top 3 or 4 spots for the future.

Big if...but boy oh boy..fun to watch buddy!! Keep watching the games and get into them brook. You learn everyday you watch baseball and for those that say boring, much to learn and see.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

triple play.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yankees rolled again. Solarte started a triple play and hit his first career homer. CC got through 7 innings. That's what I like to see.

I had this game on in the background with hockey and what not, but man the Yankees had me keeping on glancing at their game. 1o runs

12. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Friggin' Nova got rocked again.

13. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

... and he's hurt

14. displacedfan

New York Yankees ‏@Yankees 16m
    MRI on Ivan Nova reveals partial UCL tear of his right elbow. He will be placed on the DL and be further examined by Dr. Christopher Ahmad.

Last two games have been brutal

15. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Huge blow to the rotation. Hopefully he won't require Tommy John surgery.

And ya, last two games have been horrible.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

HAYN and displacedfan like this.
  17. displacedfan

^ When you think obnoxious Yankees fan, boom this guy nailed it and to me as a Yankees fan this is hilarious

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

When it happened, someone wrote an article breaking down all the fans in the image. Said it summed up the Bleacher Creatures very well.

That Cano "homer" was reminscent of Jeter and Maier, because both involved fan interference and the umps blowing the call.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

that guy embarrasses all of humanity.

20. displacedfan

What's funny is with Jeter's homer, a guy in Yankees jersey and hate starts taunting the Orioles outfielder after homer too. Heh.

The Cano one, obvious bias, I think was going to cross the wall above fielder's glove, but there was clear interference with the glove in the field of play.