Who else was Tannenbaum targeting? (5th Rnd)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Montana, May 1, 2011.

1. Montana

Montana Member

I think it's safe to assume we probably weren't targeting any of the RB's, QB's or FB's, and probably not any of the TE's that came off the board between our selection of Powell at 126 and where we moved up to take Kerley at 153...

Going by Tanny's quote above, we can deduce at least 4-5 of the 17 remaining players (CB's, Safeties, a LB, a DE and some OT's) between picks 126 and 153, were also high on our "happy list", alongside Jeremy Kerley.

Which 4-5 players do you think they may have been?

2. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Robert Sands S West Virginia Big East
    Marcus Cannon OT TCU MWC from Houston
    Gabe Miller LB Oregon State
    Ahmad Black S Florida SEC

3. KleckoNamathToon

Nice. I was going to start the same thread. I believe Klug (as an ILB no less) and D. Moore were both linked to the Jets pre-draft, other than that no one jumps out to me.

4. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Any chance it was stanzi as a backup? I know Qb is not a need at all but we were looking for a backup and the value there is quite high

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Josh Thomas......was in for a visit.
    Denarius Moore....another visit and player rumored they liked.
    Davon House.......BPA, great value. Good press corner to fit in Rex's system.
    Amad Black...was a possibilty.

6. Montana

Montana Member

Definitely agree on safety Ahmad Black being one of them, I think it's probably a safe assumption that Black was the second last (Kerley being the last) on Tanny's "happy list", and when he came off the board, Tannenbaum decided to make his move up for Jeremy.

#6 Montana, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  7. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I had house on that list but took him off after I found out the Jets werent at his pro day

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The value that late was insane.

9. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

I think that Moore and Josh Thomas were definitely on that list. The Jets were rumored to like both, and I think worked both of them out or had them in for visits.

I'd be surprised if Black was on the list. I think he's simply too slow to be effective in coverage in the NFL. There's no way week in and week out he could keep up with WRs in the NFL.

I think the other possibilities were:

Gabe Miller - raw, but athletic prospect to develop for OLB

The 5th may have been D. J. Williams TE - possibly as an H-Back like GB since they were looking at Charles Clay in the same manner, but was probably either Cannon or Pinkston. Due to Cannon's medical condition, I think it was probably Pinkston.