our chances of trading back for picks have plummeted

Discussion in 'Draft' started by chandler, Mar 13, 2019.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Giants are in tear down mode...IMO they were not winning even with diva Odell BJ on board...so this is their thinking. Trade him get lotsa picks to help get Eli outa there and make room for a young QB

Does anyone think they were happy giving Beckham Junior his 100 mil contract and then podcasting negatives bout Manning? Or going on a party boat before the playoff game with Green Bay? then dropping passes that game??

Freddie Kitchens now inherits OBJ together with the ego/looney bin of Mayfield, J Landry, and K Hunt...should be interesting since Beckham wants the ball every game.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

agree.....bosa might very well be a better version of and our modern day gastineau.

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

man i think rosen is a pancake away from david carr.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . fixed . . . . : )

jilozzo likes this.
  5. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I honestly think the Giants want to get back to being the "Giants" and not the circus that they are now viewed as. They got rid of OBJ because he didn't fit the "Giants" mold, and adding a guy like Rosen has the potential to be disastrous. Dwayne Haskins in my opinion is the guy Gettleman has targeted.

You want a destination for Rosen, look no further than the Raiders. Rosen embodies that Raiders\Gruden swagger he's aiming for. I'm not sold that Carr is his guy, In the right situation, I still believe Josh Rosen can be an excellent QB in this league, the Cardinals were one of the worst places he could have gone. I also think the Redskins would be another great destination for Rosen.

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I watched the Cardinals more times than I wished to last season - Rosen looked permanently confused. I'm not sure how anyone could assess whether he is a real NFL quarterback after his performances on a really bad offense. He's a very risky trade.

7. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

That is certainly true, but imo its less risk than using a high pick, and possibly multiple picks, on drafting Haskins. At least with Rosen they have some NFL film to review. And it would only take a 3rd round pick to get him according to rumors. They will get him for a year to evaluate for themselves and if he's as bad as you think they will have a high pick again next year in which to draft a QB. I think the Giants trading for Rosen is pretty low risk compared to the alternatives.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I agree.

I don't think he's bad. I think he's going to be one of those quarterbacks that gets traded early in his career between 2-4 teams that are a bad fit for his skill set and then becomes a career backup. He coulda been a contender.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If the jets think they can't trade down now then they won't go after houston as they can get a better, cheaper younger version of him at #3.

10. themorey

We have a need for 2 OLBs so why not both? It would be great for a young stud to have someone like Houston to learn from both in performance and preparation.

mrjet80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

If you watched the Cardinals, give me any position that didn't look confused.

stinkyB likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If we could be assured that all these extra picks (and the lower 1st) would pan out, this would be a good strategy, but with Macc doing the picking, that becomes doubtful. If he took Allen or Bosa at 3 I'd be happy.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

IMO you can't look at things that way. If Mac can't make the right picks after the first round, then his sorry, stupid ass should be fired. You don't play it safe out of fear that your GM will screw up the picks.

twown likes this.
  14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Most likely Kyler goes 1 then Bosa 2. In that scenario realistically we have 3 options.

1st option - draft Josh Allen. This kid is special and is going to be really good. He reminds me of Von Miller.

2nd option- Trade back. I am on board with this if we can land another 1st with that move and we grab DK for Sam.

3rd option- draft Williams. I’m a Bama fan and he is really good but I prefer Allen.

I think that Mac will take Allen and grab a vet OLB to show him the ropes like Clay Mathews or Justin Houston

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Giants met with Haskins.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yep, they were one of the few offensive lines worse than the Jets. It was a complete mess there. Rosen was running for his life all year and he's always been more of a pocket QB, not a mobile guy.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. themorey

Article today saying that Redskins (#15) may want to trade ahead of the Giants to get Haskins. This is the kind of market we need to drive up demand. Now we can work the Giants....hey, you know the Redskins are interested in our pick for Haskins, right? Are you really gonna let them jump ahead of you and steal your player?

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Another possibility is the Redskins make a deal with Tampa Bay or Oakland to jump the Giants. Macc would have the Giants by the balls at that point.

themorey likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe. Or maybe the Giants trade for Rosen and wait until 2020 to look to draft a QB.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I don't believe that anybody will move big-time for any of the QB's because there is too much risk in ALL of them unlike last year.

I am betting right now that NOBODY will move up to take a QB in the Top 10. Nobody.