Crowell released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Mar 14, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Assuming you missed the reference.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yup. You also consider the circumstances. Greene was celebrating closing out a road playoff win. I like my celebrations when the team actually wins. Not in the 1st quarter of a loss against a team that hadn't won a game previously in like 2 years.

oh yeah they lost anyway

oh yeah, Crowell was completely MIA after that play/penalty. 6 carries for a grand total of 2 yards! after that play.

you would have to be a complete idiot to be a Jets fan and be proud of that celebration

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Or you realize there's life outside of watching football, which is a form of entertainment. One or the other.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Or a millennial.

There are celebrations that I haven't liked but I'm not on my porch shaking my cane screaming get off my lawn. I am long past the old Barry Sanders adage.

I'd hope for more class out of my players but I realize they are kids, most of them 'look-at-me' morons and I've learned to accept it.

And I'm no prude.

The Crowell ass-wiping along with OBJ getting down on his hands and knees peeing like a dog falls so far into the category of over the top disgusting classlessness that reflects REALLY poorly on our franchise and its fans.

I cannot understand, as a fan, just brushing it off as nothing.

But being happy or proud of it or thinking it's funny or 'cool'?

What the fuck has happened to our youth?

5. BrowningNagle

nah it aint a millennial/generational thing. plenty of the youth didn't like it either. It's just a brain cells thing

6. Rollo Tomassi

Yeah you're probably right.

My kids are millennials and they hated it.

7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

They're adding another RB. Not sure who or how but they will.....I'm not positive Cannon even survives training camp at this point unless he's improved his hands.

8. BrowningNagle

They will try to make Cannon the primary return man, I bet

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Actually, I assumed you were gender fluid.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Well, I guess he'll always have that 219 yard game.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Le'Veon Bell will break that record this up coming season. Guaranteed.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i highly doubt it. maguire will spell bell when he needs a break. cannon should stay on at minimum for special teams and could be the KR as well. he's a really good gunner on punts. he does need to fix his hands and ball security though. Maguire has proven to be a pretty solid RB and should be fine as bells backup. not like bell takes many plays off anyway. the back-up RBs in pitt didn't do anything during bells time there

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Very happy that this ASS Clown is no longer a jet

Green Lantern 80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't. McGuire has shown flashes, but imo hasn't proven anything yet. Bell cannot be counted on for all 16 games. If he plays all 16, it would be for only the 2nd time in his career. You must not remember how lame our rushing attack was this past season. If Bell does go down with an injury and has to miss some games, would you really want McGuire starting with Cannon as the backup?

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Then he better be catching kicks with someone hitting his arms with a baton as I type this.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

To be fair, McGuire was injured early on and even when he got back wasn't fully game ready.

Last 4 games he averaged over 75 yards from scrimmage per game.

And that was with an awful line with zero other offensive talent those last few games to take the pressure off the run game.

I think he can hold his own although we definitely need another back, hopefully Mac can find a gem in round 3-4.

Especially if the line is strengthened and Q and Robbie are healthy and with Herndon year 2 and Crowder? And hopefully with another playmaker?

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

2017 bell had 321 carries, his backups had 58. but 26 of those were garbage time week 16 in a blowout and week 17 where bell rested for the playoffs. so really only about 32 were to spell bell.

2016 bell had 261, his backup had 98 but he missed the 1st 4 games for suspension. if we take out those 4 games plus the final game where bell rested for the playoffs his backup had a total of 5 carries

that means realistically in the past 2 years bell has taken 94% of the steelers carries. the jets ran about 400 times last year so even if bell takes 90% of the carries that means maguire/cannon would have to take only 40 combined

in short it doesn't make sense to upgrade a guy who will likely see less then 40 carries a year or basically 2-3 touches a game.

also the only played 16 is a bit disingenuous.
    in 2017 he missed 1 game and it was the final game to rest for the playoffs
    in 2016 he was suspended the 1st 4 games and then missed the final game again to rest for the playoffs
    in 2015 he missed half the season due to a knee injury that required surgery but hasn't missed a game to injury since
    in 2014 he played all 16 games
    in 2013 he played 13 games but was a rookie and simply didn't play in the 1st 3

so he hasn't missed a game due to injury since 2015 and that was the only year he missed a game due to injury. the steelers resting him for the final game because it didn't matter to them and they wanted him fresh for the playoffs doesn't constitute him not being counted on to play a full season and neither does him not playing the 1st 3 games of his career either as a rookie.

FJF and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

POTW.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  19. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Publicly Owned Treatment Works?
    Princess of the World?
    Pipers of the World?
    Point Out the Women?

FJF likes this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships