Crowell released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Mar 14, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

3 mil in cap savings I think

2. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Main reason why want him gone. Classless

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

See ya. Wasn't a big fan of having him here anyhow.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Strange timing. Maybe they've been trying to trade him. I know that he has a bonus coming tomorrow, so I understand why they released him, just thought it would have been earlier.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He was never going to be here once Bell signed, I guess he has now.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Later asswipe.

8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Fuck him, the asshole.

9. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Like everyone. Once Bell was signed no one was going to be sad to see him go. I know Bell is the guy and McGuire will be a nice compiment but I do hope we draft a rb. We need our John Connors, Lamont Jordan guy to be a backup for injury but also to groom for when he retires in 3 or 4 years.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

They only have 6 picks this upcoming draft (assuming they don't trade back). I don't think they will end up drafting a RB now.

Bell, McGuire, and Cannon will probably be the guys that suit up during the season. They may add a vet RB to push McGuire and Cannon, but I would be quite surprised if they drafted someone this year.

FJF likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

CBG likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

As I said in the other thread where I posted about him getting released, thank you for one of the best celebrations I’ve seen in a long time and an extra thank you for making the whiny crotchety dramatic portion of our fanbase upset by it.

But mostly thank you for the cap space

Footballgod214 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

Unless they're planning on drafting an edge rusher, two WRs and 3 OL, RB would be just as important as any other position since Bell doesn't stay healthy. He's only played all 16 games once in his 16 year career. We need a reliable backup, and if we plan to keep and hopefully use Bell for 4 seasons, then we need a very good rotational RB so as not to wear Bell out. McGuire isn't it, and Cannon isn't even in the same area code. He showed nothing last year and may not even make the team. I'd like to see them draft an edge rusher, a WR, C, RB, CB and an OG/OT if they only have 6 picks. That's a reason why I think we really need to trade back. Unless we do sign Sitton and he can play C or perhaps Brett Jones of the Vikings, we'll need to get a C in the draft, and waiting until the 3rd round could be risky. If we trade back, we could have at least 8 picks, maybe 9. We could still add an elite edge rusher in Burns, get a #1 WR prospect for Sam, get an excellent C prospect, a CB, a RB, and either 2 OG/OT or add another WR (which I would like since there are so many good WR prospects in this draft).

14. PennyandtheJets

I am not upset by his celebration at all and as an adult, I found it pretty funny. Having said that, I do believe that these guys are role models to kids. Pretend wiping your ass with a football...not the best example. That is a different discussion though and one I am not interested in debating.

As bad as our Oline was last year, I feel like he got a lot of blame when he probably shouldn't have. Having said that, we have bigger holes to fill.

15. BroadwayAaron

I think people are reading too much into this. He was going to count for I think $5 million against the cap if he was on the roster tomorrow. You don’t pay a complementary back that cant really catch that kind of money.

McGuire is the definition of a JAG but he’s the exact type of JAG you want with Bell.

FJF likes this.
  16. PennyandtheJets

They are going to run Bell into the ground my man.

As we sit here today: CB, C, EDGE, OL, WR (Depth), TE (depth), and S (depth) are all potentially bigger needs.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Good point. Now with Bell you're probably right. That being said if a person falls into the late 3rd or beyond I can see them taking someone who is BPA. Before Bell they probably were going to have to draft one but now it's not pressing.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

You may be right that they plan on running him into the ground, but I hope not. If so, we may only get 8-12 games out of him this season, if that. I agree that edge, C, CB, and WR are bigger priorities than depth at RB. I don't think they need S depth. They like Middleton. They can re-sign him and Terrence Brooks was good. They can re-sign him if he hasn't already signed elsewhere. I think using a draft pick on a S would be a waste, unless he's a really good STs player. TE I can see, but I could also see them signing a vet TE.

I'll say it now that if the Jets don't draft a RB or sign a good FA RB they will regret it. Book on it. Bell will never stay healthy for 16 games.

mrjet80 likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

As a parent, I would almost never turn to an NFL player as a role model for my kid. Beyond the fact I have a daughter, there are so few guys that are out there making a difference in the public eye for you to use as an example. 90% of what you see of football players is them playing on the field. This isn’t to say there aren’t good guys in the league, there are a ton of them and I’ve seen a lot of it first hand. That’s just not how football is promoted though other than a 30 second package here and there.

Agree about Crowell though. I thought he was good, but wasn’t set up real well for success.

PennyandtheJets likes this.