Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by macbk, Feb 11, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

And Kareem Hunt was not charged with anything, ever.

alleycat9 likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Allegations of pulling someone off a bed (not striking), and then backing off those allegations, does not equal Ray Ricing a bitch on video with irrefutable proof.
    And it would have been even worse if there were no one there to stop it.

The two situations are nothing alike. Not even close.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

“Irrefutable proof” lol

alleycat9 likes this.
  4. BacktoQueens

I don't understand your post.
    That video wasn't enough proof for you?

5. BrowningNagle

Well it’s refutable

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he literally pushed a girl, she comes back mushes him in the face, he gets held back by a skinny guy, she comes back and pushes one of his people and then he hits that guy from behind which she falls to the ground. i dont see it as an assault at all. as his employer i would have no issue with this. i would have an issue that he lied about it more than what he actually did. but that wouldnt make me terminate him. however i am also not in the business of controlling peoples lives outside of work.

Dierking, BrowningNagle and Cman68 like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The beauty of this deal for Cleveland was that they could afford to let K Hunt cool his heels for a year because they already have an excellent RB in Nick Chubb and Dorsey knew this

Great long term investment for them...Mac outmanaged for a 100th time

Yes , Hunt is a gansta but almost all players today in NFL have had prob with the law smh

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Huh?

9. BacktoQueens

This is not hearsay. There is actual video proving the incident occurred, which alone separates it from other comparisons.
    What exactly are you refuting? Was it someone else in the video?

10. BacktoQueens

You are ruining some perfectly good whining about Mac!

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Tell me there are but a handful that are clean as a whistle eg Darnold, Rosen, Allen ... nope not Mayfield

12. BrowningNagle

I don’t have to refute anything. That’s the beauty of not wanting to be a social justice juror here. Hunt might be a scumbag like Quincy Enunwa and Brandon Marshall, I don’t care.

You are the one who said there was irrefutable evidence he committed a crime. If that was the case he would’ve been convicted or hell maybe even just charged!

But if you are looking for a solid rebuttal, I’ll refer you to alleycats post in this very thread

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't want choir boys I want football players! So long as Hunt is sorry and does whatever therapy or service that is asked and required of him and he gets the help he needs = I believe in 2nd chances. The Browns got one hell of a football player today and probably on the cheap as I want to see the deal. Mike Mac IMO is not a very good GM and Dorsey appears to the complete opposite of Mac.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hunt didn't commit domestic abuse.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You said "almost all," what is that, 90%, 80%? The facts are that less than five percent of NFL players have been arrested in the last twenty years for a total of 4.71%, less than that of the overall population. Note that this figure refers only to arrests and says nothing about how often the cases were found to be not prosecutable.

http://nflarrest.com/#ByYear

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Great signing by the Browns.
    Get Hunt out of KC and away from the group he seems to get into trouble with. 3 assaults in 5 months.... Oh wait, they all occured in or around Cleavland...
    At least Cleavland has the right support system in place to salvage troubled players, otherwise Manziel and Gordon would both be out of the league today...:rolleyes:
    Now for those who can't tell, I was being sarcastic.

On a serious note, Dorsey is known to sign players other teams won't touch.
    Guys acused of much worse than what we saw from Hunt.
    Tyreek Hill admitted to punching and choking his pregnant GF
    Antonio Callaway. Suspended 6 months for sexual assault, then a year for stolen credit cards and tested positive at the combine.
    As long as the reward outweighs the risk, athletes will get second third or more chances. Winning is everything.

NYJalltheway and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It's not much of a risk for the great John Dorsey. Builder of dynasties.

One side is eager to erase the stench of 0-16 and many, many, many, many, many, many years of losing the other side is just happy to be in the league. It seems like a match made in heaven.

Could be worth more than $1 million what a fall for Hunt.

18. BrowningNagle

I think its an amazing signing for the Browns and a really stupid missed opportunity for our Jets and the rest of the league really. But I will acknowledge the risk is higher in Cleveland than anywhere else, given that Hunt is from Cleveland. Its often the hometown and being around the hometown friends that brings out the trouble. It might've been better for Hunt to play somewhere else. Oh well too late now

19. BacktoQueens

I said there was irrefutable proof he Rice Rice'd the girl.
    The video is irrefutable proof that the incident occurred, so I have no idea what you are trying to argue at this point.

This situation is NOTHING like Enunwa's, so please drop the false comparison narratives.

The only question here is whether it bothers you or not.
    I'm going to guess it does not bother you, which is why you are blaming Mac somehow.
    Not everyone is going to see it that way, which is why teams were not pounding at his door to sign him.
    He's also facing a substantial suspension if the integrity issue is not enough for you.

20. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

They get him for a million, tender him at a first round next year (still cheap) and then he either signs with them, or he leaves and someone overpays and they get a 3rd round comp pick, as they don't need to replace him as they already have Chubb. It is a great move by Dorsey. There is no lose scenario for the Browns.