Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook and Jeto and others this is all still very much up in the air,,,,,,,the models absolutely suck and are literally spitting out different out comes from run to run. TWC has changed its prediction ( right now it says 5 - 8 for my area ) for me 6 times in the past day and a half. Snow could STILL happen and there is time for this to get ironed out , maybe the models get a better handle on this as it gets closer ( figure this starts late Monday nite ) but I am worried about ICE but I always worry about ice. Fjay this COULD have been a nice setup for us had things gone right-----> maybe they still do and the models and experts are blowing this lol

Brook! likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay and others ,,,this storm may surprise a few or many or could disappoint = that said Winter Storm Watches and Warnings are going up all over the place right now. Lots of cold air in place,,,,,,lets see how this plays out but I would say that EVERYONE especially N n W of NYC better start paying attention as I am convinced that no one knows what exactly is going to happen with this CAD event. Thoughts anyone ?

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think this will be a dud south of 84. Overachiever north.

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Radar is looking pretty good to our South right now I wonder what is falling in PA and Southern NJ as I type ? Fjay as of right now I don't think this is a dud south of you,, thats not wishful thinking on my part just that many models have trended colder with this today and the only model that has it cutting well inland is the Canadian so Im hoping that the track is not written in stone.Im curious as to what the overnight models say and if ANY of them actually get this correct when all is said and done. The last storm in Jan did NOT have a strong High locked in to our North like this one does. Im not saying this is the November storm as that was a different setup as well. In the next breath the snow luver in me is hoping that the low does not reform off the Jersey coast but farther South but so far nothing says that is going to actually happen. I am really afraid of this being ice for me and others,,,time will tell lets see how it plays out.

FJF and Brook! like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

TWC still has 5 - 8 forecasted for my area we shall see what actually happens. I would rather this goes bust and nothing happen then get ICE / freezing rain.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Gm fellas. Can anyone give me a prediction for Bergen and Passaic counties for tomorrow? Would like to have an idea for home and for work if possible. I keep hearing oh we are getting some snow, but no one seems to know how the amount. Thanks guys

CBG likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Dawinner-----No one can say with any certainty what EXACTLY will happen. The models have all trended more frozen and NOT white. The models are showing an extended period ( I mean hours worth ) of sleet ( even for NYC ) but I can't remember the last time we had HOURS of sleet. I have already told a few friends North and West of the city to be prepared to work from home if possible. Long story longer = the models have been unreliable all winter and I really don't think anyone can say what exactly happens. If things happen as depicted on these damn models ( as of now anyways which could change by tomorrow ) there most likely are school delays and closures.

dawinner127 and FJF like this.
  9. FJF

I am guessing many if not all area schools make the call to close tonight.

CBG likes this.
  10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

On the plus side the weather will warm up after this storm. In my area Bergen County temps go into the 40's on Wed and hit the 50's by Fri and into the weekend. This white stuff won't stay around long.

CBG likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg you are PROBABLY correct = BUT IF the models are correct and you possibly mistake ----> They show a storm this weekend just sayin

12. FJF

I’m not sure how much I am buying into the ice . Modeled temps are just not jiving with the precipitation. We’ll see and god know I am probably wrong here but putting it out there

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJAY---> a few models have come in colder with surface temps----> BUT although the lower levels show cold the mid levels are looking warm. We both hope that is not REALLY the case but thats how it looks TO ME ,,,,,,,,I have been wrong before ask anyone

FJF likes this.
  14. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

4-6 inches expected here tomorrow. Possibly back and forth between snow/freezing rain/ice pellets.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay I did not even think that you might be thinking temps too warm ? I assumed you meant cold lol

#14735 CBG, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    FJF likes this.
  16. FJF

Kids school closed tomorrow. I’d expect most do

CBG likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ice Storm inbound...

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We have 2 hour delay ,,,,I expect that to change to CLOSED in the A M

19. FJF

What’s the reasoning there? Things are not going to be better 2 hrs later than normal opening time. It’s going to be worse. Strange.

CBG likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Exactly ! I think they are in wait n see mode as in see if it happens. Fjay and maybe you know better but I think the timing for this is UP in the air. Some guidance was saying it starts around 7 by us but I saw some stuff shortly ago that hinted it might start later around 9 or 10 and IF that happens then these idiots will have the kids go in to school.