Top 5 Free Agent Targets in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 14, 2019.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If Mac doesn't significantly upgrade the talent on this roster this offseason there is no excuse and he should be squarely on the firing line. Making mediocre signings and selling them as major upgrades is very Knicks-like. He does that and he should be gone no questions asked. He's sitting on a bounty of riches, he needs to nail it.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

What's this shit I'm reading that Amendola could be a target for us? Doesn't he not like Gase?

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My take is I am looking to see how much input Gase and Williams have on Mac and the Money

Two and half brains is always better than what Macagnan has

As all should know by now, Mac is a woosy decision maker ..other than getting Sam he relies on others opinions big time

M00ndawg and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Link?

5. This better not be bargain hunting in the clearance section & i dont wanna hear about the the # of roster spots.

If this team does not have above average talent on both sides of the ball by the time the draft rollls around Mac should be fired before our pick is even OTC.

The only reason MAC is here is bc he delivered on the QB & bc of the cap space.He better deliver. No excuses or break out the pitchforks.I have no interest in another year w a talent void.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

As a guy that wasn't a huge Mac fan from the start, I am really nervous this off-season. If we spend all of our money on Fowler and Bell with no Matt Paradis, I will be really pissed off. Mac better not be cheap with the offensive line.

Spending a ton of money on Fowler is a nightmare scenario that more than likely will come true.

7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Fowler is the one guy I don’t want.

He’s not that good, the team that drafted him 3rd just 3 years ago couldn’t wait to dump him plus he’s an asshole.

No thanks.

M00ndawg, TonyFtLaud and stinkyB like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

Agreed, his entire career he's had nothing but 1 on 1 matchups. His productivity leaves much to be desired.

M00ndawg and Will-I-Am-Not like this.
  9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Apparently we have no shot at LeVeon

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You can't post something like this then provide no source whatsoever...

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Link it up man.

M00ndawg and Mr mittens like this.
  12. Yes but hes still better than any pass rusher weve had since J Abe bc hes at the very least a legit sack threat who can bend the edge. He still has the upside to be productive bc hes still young & its not as if hes completely ineffective or being completely manhandled by OTs.the lack of production to this stage will keep his price tag reasonable w plenty of upside to put up big numbers.

Short of Lawrence,Ford or Clark hitting free agency Fowler could be the best available & beggars cant be choosers.If hes willing to come here on a manageable deal im all for him.The alternative is the pass rushing drought continuing for god knows how long.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Matt Paradis worth looking into? He's moving and exercising without a walking boot as of this weekend, so he's ahead of rehab schedule. Had surgery to his fractured right fibula.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I wouldn't sign Paradis unless he comes cheap. Denver offensive linemen are never really as good as they look because Denver traditionally runs so many finesse traps and stuff. I guess if he comes dirt cheap, why not, the more the merrier on this offensive line, but I don't expect him to be much better than Jon Harrison, the current center.

spent the money elsewhere. get one of those edge rushers in free agency so we can draft the Alabama offensive tackle

15. 101GangGreen101

IDK about Fowler taking a reasonable deal, you would sign him to like a 40M to 60M deal with 20M+ in guarantees for an unproven player? He's going to command a lot of money for his "upside" ... I would rather sign Robert Quinn (given he's healthy) and draft a pass-rusher at the top of round 1.

FJF likes this.
  16. Hes unproven in the sense that hes not a dominant player but has the potential to be. Id pay up to 45M for him.

Would i rather have Quinn?Yes.Quinn is a damn fine pass rusher.Actually how bout both? Thats not a bad tandem at all w LW at one of the DT spots.

If we cant trade down in draft that wouldnt stop me from still drafting Allen either.Rotate guys to keep them fresh & wouldnt need to rush Allen in his development.

17. 101GangGreen101

45M in guarantees or I am assuming the overall contract? The Jets could get 2 players in Quinn and a Brandon Graham (who as an outside rusher, was put inside on that strip sack on Brady during the SB, where the Eagles won). Fowler might cost more then both Quinn and Graham combined.

Really depends on what Fowler gets in the open market, we don't know just yet. He is a "buyers beware" IMO. At the end of the day, we need MORE DOGS, but envision this on passing downs, our very own "Nascar" package

LE - Josh Allen
    DT - Leonard Williams
    DT - Brandon Graham
    RE - Robert Quinn

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Browns sign Kareem Hunt so thankfully that discussion can end now.

19. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Thought Graham was more of a 4-3 DE?

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

They win. Wonder if they plan on keeping him or dangling him like we did Teddy.

JetsNation06 and HomeoftheJets like this.