That knife dug a little deeper..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longislandjetfan, Feb 3, 2019.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Exactly - my cousin the Eagles fan texted me saying "Joe Namath is there!" and I texted back "Don't care!".

Jersey Joe 67 likes this.
  2. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

You have every reason to believe that. We all do until the Jets ownership shows us some results.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Namath is dead to me.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Real Jets fans don't give the Pats credit ever. Real Jets fans don't cave. Real Jets fans have excuses to deflect credit. Grow a pair.

As an example of what a real Jets fan would do:

It's clear Gurley couldn't go full out and Kupps loss of production made game planing for a third rate NFL back and Brandon Cooks as the only viable threats a slam dunk for any competent NFL defensive coordinator.

Let's hope when our regime goes against the Pats in meaningful games we have a full compliment of credible threats they have to defend and execute it so we can expose the Pats as the complete frauds they are.

Carry on with your slobber fest. Make sure you keep your back to the float at the Pats parade. I'm watching you.

5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

As would I.

It’ll be an amazing moment and at least for that year we’ll be the best there is.

6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Same here. I did listen to the ceremony during the drive home.

I had the same reaction as the OP when they said Namath was presenting the trophy.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I was young and basketball certainly wasn't my #1 sport, but as a Knicks fan I hated the Bulls and all of the front runner Bulls fans around. The thing with Jordan at least was that he did it all in a span of 8 years (2 of which he didn't play). Sure, as an opposing fan you hated seeing your team lose, but there also wasn't as much Bulls fatigue since it happened so quickly and then was done. This Patriots thing has been lingering for almost two decades. They haven't won every year, but they're in the SB half the time and in the AFC Championship Game almost every year as well.

8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

That's a good point. Having this dynasty stretched out over almost 20 years is what's been the most unbearable.

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

You can even take another one with the Islanders dynasty in the early 80s. I wasn't alive for it, but it was certainly painful for any Rangers fan to go through, especially during their big drought of no Cups. However, while the wounds were fresh throughout the late 80s and early 90s, the Rangers finally winning the Cup is what kind of pushed the Islanders dynasty to the side. Of course, that coupled with the Islanders becoming a joke of a team for 20 years didn't hurt.

If the Jets can finally win a SB, all of those years of Patriots dominance will feel like a distant memory. Big IF though with this franchise.

KurtTheJetsFan and CotcheryFan like this.
  10. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I was personally disgusted by Namath agreeing to do that. It actually made me feel sick to my stomach. He has lost a shitload of respect from me for that. I don't care what the reason(s) were, that's our arch enemy right there. Fuck them.

11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Too bad.

Watching the Pats lose the big game in '86, '97, '08, '12, and '18, have been some of my favorite football moments.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I liked Namath and the Jets being highlighted during the SB...they has a nice piece on Namath during the pre-game. I'm not mad.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Is he the only super bowl winning QB that has done that? I very much doubt it. Plus when he agreed he didn't know that the Patriots would win. Wasn't that before the Chiefs were eliminated?

14. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Was the 50th anniversary of his win, dude.

Were they going to ask Earl Morral?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you won't care once the Jets win one.

Yankees fans always threw the 27 championships in Boston fans face, but once the Sox beat them it just doesn't matter (at least to me). It's not how many, it's about the one right now.

16. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Damn straight! We may not have won a Super Bowl in 50 years, but for off-season championships the Jets are a dynasty of epic proportions.

I am so proud to be a Jets fan.... I can’t wait to get the off-season crown this August. They give it out in August, right?

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I watched because I was happy for the Patriots even though I'm a big Jet fan. I admire Brady's and Bellicheck's commitment to excellence and hard work ethic. Brady is an underdog, a guy with inferior athletic skills, but has a big heart and just wins! You have to love that.

18. Really?Just go be a patriot fan then..

Its bad wnough that this shit will not end.But jet fans seemingly switching sides is just unbearable.If youre a jet fan who loves Shady & bellicheat just switch all together.Theres nothing left for you as a Jet fan.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

its one thing to recognize greatness, but it's another to get on your knees and slurp Brady and BB's juices.

Hopefully the Jets will be the ones to end their reign for good.

20. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

GTFO. The odds are so stacked against this "dynasty" that the only thing they can do is change the odds in their favor, which they have been caught doing twice now. I respect nothing about what these cheating fuckers do.

K'OB and KurtTheJetsFan like this.