Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Why would they even approach Alshon about this hire? lol I guess simple familiarity from years ago.

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This could be our George Costanza moment.

3. Rollo Tomassi

Is there anything we can do to ease your exit off the board?

Asking for a friend.

bicketybam and Mr mittens like this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It is more of a generalized troll. SOJ type of troll. Unintended troll.

Get what I mean?

Same old, same old. This whole organization and team troll me in the same ways, every fucking year.

I hate this team.

5. IIMeanDeanII

You can stop trying so hard to be funny.

Its lame...

I've been here awhile, I think I know the way. Thanks though.

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ok. The way it showed made it seem like you thought alshon personally was trolling us.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  7. Im finding it hard to relate to alot of you right now bc youre just so deadset on killling this move you refuse to accept anything thats remotely positive.

Who the fuck did you all want instead? Seriously.Who of the candidates was really that much better? I dont wanna hear Mccarthy bc that was pretty much split 50/50..some were dead set against it.

So who the hell did we miss out on?Please enlighten me?Rhule?Callahan?Monken?Kingsbury? Give me a fucking break.

You all wanted a cant miss candidate who doesnt exist..a wave of the magic wand.Well guess what it isnt that easy,

Now youre fixating on the obvious negative which time & time again,insiders have said was completely overblown.But because Gase isnt Parcells reincarnated & isnt some unrealistic sure thing or at the very least an unknown quantity just keep harping on things that might not even be entirely accurate.

But hey..im a big dumbie...what do i know?Maybe Mike Rhule was just the better fit for some of you simply bc he has no track record for you to whine about? Err scratch that..jets never hire an experienced head coach..until now..

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Nothing anyone can do about it now besides see what Gase does for us in the fall.

Time to turn our focus to Mac to make sure he nails this offseason. He better get his sh*t together.

NYJetsO12, FJF, Catfish Billy and 2 others like this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

Go check out the Bowles thread if you're looking for optimism.

A lot of us just dont have the patience anymore. Man.

I'm typically positive. Optimistic.

That's done. I've had enough.

I want to quit watching football because this team let's us ALL down.

Year...

After...

Year..

I'm a big fan and it's hard for me to let go. I probably cant in all honesty, but I cant tell you how badly these idiots at the top make me feel like I'd be better off rooting for no team than what we are given.

Year...

After...

Year...

Fuck it. I'm negative and dont care.

I think we've all earned the right to be salty if we so choose at this point.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Smoke a fucking bowl bro.

Jeffrey when it comes to predictions is usually spot on, notably his Eagles SB prediction and them beating the Bears.

Mr mittens likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great post. This is the bottom line. Gase is the HC of the NYJ and now Mac needs to build the team around Sam with free agents and a solid draft.

JetsNation06 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  12. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  13. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

That is my position as well. However, the hand-wringing in this thread is funny.

14. IIMeanDeanII

I'm about to actually. How did you know? Hahaha

I should edit it to clarify what I really meant. I explained it better later in the thread.

I dont know anything about Alshon Jeffery personally.

I meant, it just feels like a generalized troll. SOJ troll. This team trolls me every year.

I have always been fairly positive on these boards. I just cant be positive right now.

I'll refrain from posting a lot of negative shit but I am boiling over here with this hire. It literally hasn't settled down at all for me, fuck this team, man.

Carry on. I got what you mean though.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  15. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I know this is probably extremely unrealistic, but just seeing Romo gush over Darnold gives me the idea that he might be open to a potential front office role with us (very doubtful).
    I highly doubt that that would ever happen nor even if Romo wants to leave the commentary booth (don't think he would at this stage) but if in the unlikely event that he would, getting him on board as president of football operations or something similar would be really exciting.

16. Rollo Tomassi

I'm not trying to be funny.

Just sounded kind of dooshy with this point.

I've been there.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

its best not to take much stock from what people are saying, hey it's cool you said some positive shit about the hire. Let's see what type of players Mac fields this off-season.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. I would never judge another jet fan for the gang green blues..Its exhausting to put up w this crap year after year..you & i are usually totally on the same page w alot of jet related topics..

I agree that ownership is clueless & have been a large part of the problem. Perhaps they were even clueless in this search..

But i had Gase in my top 3 all along..can scroll back if you or anyone else like bc he checked all the boxes of being experienced,innovative thats not gonna fall behind the times & a respected QB developer.

Now im not jumpin up & down over the guy bc hes not a sure thing..and this could easily backfire on the team..but nobody else including Mccarthy were going to stir up dissimiliar emotions for me except Rhule & Monken being totally inexperienced which wouldve enraged me.

And by all means..you dont have to like the hire..whats driving me craxy is literally any possible nugget to provide hope is immediately being downplayed. I just dont think this was that big of a disaster when you look at the pool of candidates..folks should be able to at least try to see through the fog of disappointed skepticism..

IIMeanDeanII and Attackett like this.
  19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Agreed. And have the highest payroll in the league by $100 million and play 7 inning games with best bullpen in baseball history. No comparison between Torre and any football coach. A football coach makes more decisions and has more impact on a team in a game than a manager does in a season. Gee, should I go the bullpen yet?

boozer32 likes this.
  20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, great post again, @KurtTheJetsFan. I wanted Jim Harbaugh or John Harbaugh. Neither were available. After that, it was a crap shoot. McCarthy was the #1 option to the majority of fans, but many did not want him either. He had a lot of risk involved. Then you had Rhule, Kingsbury, and Monken. None would be guaranteed successes. Even more risk than McCarthy. Gase was just disregarded by many fans as a flop in Miami. No way the Jets would sign him! They failed to look back at the entirety of his coaching career. He is a solid choice. Also comes with risk, but probably the best option to make Sam into a potential star QB that many fans hope he will be. I am interested to see how he fills out his staff. Hopefully it is better than Bowles'.