Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're at least the third person to ask that; why is Gase's tenure in Miami some kind of benchmark for comparison?

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I’m just arguing that the McCarthy truthers should chill and give this one a chance

I wasn’t crazy about Gase but he’s done an alright job with bad QB play

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Fair enough let’s hope for the best here

boozer32 likes this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm way pass the savior phase with the Jets lol. I just want consistent winning with playoff appearances. Once that happens you might get lucky and win one. So now I hope for the Jets to hire someone like that who could be our Chuck Noll or Bill Cowher. Grab this team and give it a steady hand for years. The Pittsburgh model. I'm not getting that vibe from Gase and I hope he reads these boards and bails out on the Jets ala Bill Belichick.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its not like we have a choice is it... Gase is the HC period end of story. We don't have to like it.

papapump, King Koopa and barfolomew like this.
  6. Ralebird

Football is totally results oriented. McCarthy has been proven to get the desired results. The other guy hasn't. He doesn't get anything until he earns it.

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  7. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I had a dream last night that this announcement was a mistake or just a ploy to pressure McCarthy and we wound up hiring McCarthy. But when I awoke this morning my dream was a rotten brittle memory and reality had once again set it.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Gase is better than Year 5 of the Bowles Era, and the Jets will improve in 2019, but fans have bigger goals. That is what people don't understand. We want the Jets to be great and eventually win the Super Bowl. This hiring doesn't give anyone a feeling that that will happen, thus fans are upset. I always use the word "hopefully" when talking about the Jets. Because that is all we have....... "hopefully" it works out.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. ChrebetJet80

ChrebetJet80 New Member

Exactly. McCarthy wanted to be here. He made the playoffs 9 times in thirteen years with one super bowl win. The Jets as a franchise have only made the playoffs 13 times with one super bowl win in the last 50 years. That guy has an impressive record and they say no thanks. Such a Jets move. This is on Macagnan. With a college coach or Gase he is still the “smartest” guy in the room. Not so much with a coach with a super bowl win. Think about it. This really blows.

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  10. Ralebird

I understand that the Jets have not made any announcement or scheduled a news conference because Gase has told Johnson and MacCagnan they don't know how to roll these things out.

Doreblade and barfolomew like this.
  11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

can't say I am excited by this hire at all but then I have pretty much given up all hope on the Jets ever getting anything right or ever winning anything so I am just kind of numb to it now

Wahoo, Cman68, boozer32 and 1 other person like this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It helps to have a superstar at every position. You and I could have won with those Yankees. Ok here's the lineup card, see you in 9 innings.

13. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

14. Ralebird

I don't know if this belongs here or in a separate hiring process thread but I kind of think a lot of us would like more information about how the process and decision developed.

The way the Rhule staffing issue actually transpired is a big question and we all need to know what happened with McCarthy, especially if it came down to money. There's no doubt in my mind that putting together the best staff would have been an automatic for McCarthy.

15. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Enough with the Torre references. That was an entirely different situation:

1. Before coming to the Yankees, Torre had managed five years with the Mets, three years with the Braves, and six years with the Cardinals. These teams were bad to mediocre, and Torre's managerial record reflected the talent of the teams he managed. His 1982 Braves did win the NL West. (Far more experience than Gase)

2. He was well-regarded for his baseball knowledge and his ability to handle players. An easygoing personality, but a tough guy when necessary. (Far different from Gase)

3. He had already handled the glare of the New York spotlight in his years managing the Mets. He didn't lose his cool when the heat was on. (Doesn't seem to fit Gase)

4. Torre didn't need Bob Gibson to call Steinbrenner to get the Yankee job, the way Gase needed Petyton to call Chris Johnson.

#875 Since1969, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Soooooo... When is the big press conference and announcement?? When will a beaming Chris Johnson and a smiling Mike McCagnan unveil their newest miracle worker to the fanbase? I would have thought by now the cameras would have been clickling and flashes of light illuminating our brand new HC up on the podium promising visions of multiple victories to come.

I guess they're waiting for the torches to go out first...

RPOZ51 likes this.
  17. barfolomew

Yeah, I think they might be a little shocked by the overwhelmingly negative reception from the fanbase. Also, the fact that the major media guys aren't really talking about it. All the national guys have given way more attention to Kingsbury, the Browns or the Packers. I think they may be a little shocked that outside of NY nobody is giving this a lot of airtime. Seeing as how much the Jets were mentioned before they made their pick I think management was expecting a much different reaction.

PhillyJet52, HomeoftheJets and Cman68 like this.
  18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Francesa says there is no truth that things broke down with Rhule over staffing issues. He also said that there was nothing that McCarthy demanded that the Jets didn’t go for, both money and power. He mentioned that there was stuff coming out of GB that hurt him throughout the process both with the Jets and around NFL.

Jets did not offer position to anyone else and it just came down to them picking Gase over the others, like it or not.

19. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

A shit load of crow will be eating here in the next couple of years when Adam Gase is the coach who wins us a Super Bowl.

LAJet likes this.
  20. barfolomew

Good info, thank you for posting it. Francesa may not like the Jets but he is usually careful to be accurate with his info.

bicketybam likes this.