Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

If McCarthy is so much better than Gase then how come he has a worse record since Gase took over Miami?

2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

How many have Gase won?

CBG, ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I gave you the definition, if you can't figure it out, I can't help you.

4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

He's so much better because he's won the Super Bowl and been to the playoffs a whole bunch.

boozer32 likes this.
  5. boozer32

6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

Because it's just like some crazy dude from Queens calling into sports talk radio and ranting or someone here ranting.

There are folk on all sides of the spectrum so because this dude hates everything about the Jets and what they've done over the recent past, we're supposed to take something from it?

We all know the failings.

I don't take much from people venting.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

No hard feelings, it’s just that your definition makes zero sense and isn’t rooted in reality.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If that's the best supporting article available it's underwhelming.

9. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

This is about as deflated as I have ever felt as a new York Jets fan that was in no way directly related to any game?

10. King Koopa

His lone super bowl run with Rodgers has very little to do with what he would have brought to the Jets

People act like QBs or Coaches that win a super bowl are magically placed into a different category and it’s just not correct. They won an extra game or two...the super bowl is still just one singular football game when it comes down to it

Rex got to back to back Conference title games with bad QB play...if another team hired him should they hang on to that accomplishment?

All that matters is who can help the Jets going forward, the past is in the past

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  11. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

Have I missed it in all the multitude of posts in various TGG threads or on the 'net, on tv etc. but has there been an official announcement yet? Point me in the right direction if there has as all I see are beat reports saying Jets 'will' announce Adam Gase...

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit what you take from it or from my posts. I thought it hit the nail on the head. That's my opinion, Agree or disagree, I don't care. But whether someone is paid or is famous doesn't mean their opinion is right, just like if they're not paid or famous doesn't mean their opinion is wrong. The crazy guy from Queens may be right.

13. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

The best predictor of future performance is past performance. Qbs and coaches that won the Super Bowl are in a different category. They've won. It is literally how we measure success in this league. Who wins the most, who wins it all? McCarthy and Rodgers are in a different category from Rex and Sanchez precisely because they've won the Superbowl and they've been to the playoffs together what, eight times?

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No but that isn't unusual. The Browns haven't announced the Kitchens hire yet either.

15. boozer32

That is exactly why McCarthy should have come here. Jets are just not big picture people. You draft a QB you go all in and try to get him developed as soon as possible. Even if he was a few levels down from Rodger that would be great around here. I saw nothing exciting about Gase or the Dolphins. Beating up on the Jets is not a resume highlight.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

None. I'm not saying Gase is great. In fact I'm not really sold on the hiring, but I just don't think he's as crappy as people think based on a few years with a Dolphins team that was in just as bad a position with QB (if not worse right now) than the Jets. I'm willing to give him a chance instead of tossing him off the bridge from day 1. I also think that McCarthy is not as great as people seem to give him credit for.

boozer32 likes this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

McCarthy may well be overrated as a coach. But the biggest reason I wanted him wasn't because of his coaching, it was because he would've set the front office straight, even if that meant getting Mac fired. That of course is why hiring him was never going to happen.

Dreadmadseen, CBG, boozer32 and 3 others like this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm going to gripe and moan until I see something positive coming of the move. No bandwagon for me just because it's driving by.

19. King Koopa

Then how come no super bowl winning coach has has ever went on to win a super bowl with another team if that’s the best indicator of future success?

You have to judge everyone within the context of what they are bringing to your organization....it’s very lazy and wrong to just say oh he won the Super Bowl X amount of years ago, hire him! Without taking every single detail into context of what he can bring to you in the future....

The last few years are a much better indicator to me, and McCarthy did a pretty piss poor job in that department

20. HomeoftheJets

Winning a Super Bowl is very rare. Winning a Super Bowl twice is even rarer. Let alone with a different team, considering there are very few Super Bowl-winning coaches with new teams. So that stat is meaningless.