Optimistic Look at Adam Gase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 9, 2019.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You have to be kidding...right?? Does Chris J think hes listening to a Nationwidw Ins commercial????

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yep

3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Not wasting his prime , but waisting another one of his 4 years on a prime contract.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Keep that glass half filled attitude - yes it was a very important hire but chances are Darnold is going to be good for 10, 15+ years. If Gase sucks and there's a good chance he will, he'll be gone along with Maccagnan in 2.5-3 seasons. They'll have another opportunity to correct after burning more years off our lives

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

OVERRATED. Look at the team rankings for the years he was there even in year 1 when they went 10-6. He also inherited a lot of the roster from the previous regime the first year, so of course, there would be changes going forward. Money and cap play a big part. Did he have final say in Miami? No. It was a team effort, and if he did have authority on all draft picks and final roster, (a ridiculous assumption given his age) that is on the owner. Gase is a head coach, not a GM. Here he will be the head coach, not the GM and not both. Huge difference.

6. TonyFtLaud

I'm not kidding. I wish I were. But that's exactly what happened.
    I posted in another thread but I'll repeat myself.
    Peyton did the exact same to Haslem, had Haslem ready to hire Gase untill Dorsey bitch slapped some sense back into him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. major33

If Gase sucks he can be fired after the season. This is about acquiring the right talent at the moment. It is all on Mac this first year considering our cap space and #3 pick. Then if we see that Mac had a successful draft and free agency, it will be on Gase to deliver results. If not, he's gone and very quickly.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Who cares that he argued with the owner in Miami. Stephen Ross is a dickhead. Since when do New York Jets fans care about the feelings of the Miami Dolphins owner or worse, Miami Dolphins' fans? holy hell, ya'll are getting soft

King Koopa likes this.
  9. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Gase was almost definitely correct too

He’s very smart but has issues being fake nice to dumb people who don’t know shit

I don’t have an issue with that

Jets_Grinch and BrowningNagle like this.
  10. TonyFtLaud

Yes he did have complete control . It's not an assumption it's fact.
    Gase is hired to be a HC. But has no interest in the Defense. Often didn't even watch when the D was on the field. He sat on the bench drawing plays. Even on critical Defensive stands.
    A HC needs to be involved with the entire team. He's proven incapable of the most important aspects required to be a successful HC.
    Poor leadership. Lack of involvement are fatal flaws for a HC.
    You asked what talent, I gave you a dozen pro bowl players and a half dozen well above avg players.
    Look at the rankings, bottom of the league offensively all 3 years. Behind the Jets in points scored 2 of the 3 years.
    So your saying he was good year 1 because of talent he inherited?
    He ran an offense that suited his players year 1, changed it years 2 and 3 to a scheme that didn't suit the personnel he had.
    What am I missing?
    I'm unfortunately immersed in the goings on of the Dolphins on a daily basis so I'm quite familiar with Gase and everything that's gone on the past 3 seasons. I'm not getting my opinion from some tweets and click bait articles from the past few days.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

Ross suggested they shore up the O line to protect the QB , Gase went off because he wanted defense.
    Appears Ross knew exactly what he was talking about.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Most of you are idiots so the fact that like 90% of you hate this is probably a good thing. That’s my optimistic look.

13. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

74 likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

apparently not. Gase selected Minkah Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick is gonna be an animal on that Miami D for like 10 years now

15. TonyFtLaud

It's all about Darnold's Development.
    Macs draft will take 2-3 years to evaluate. Free agency got tougher with the hiring of Gase.
    Gase has to produce immediately. After all he has much more talent here than in Miami right?

16. TonyFtLaud

And the QB is in a wheelchair he cant even push because his shoulders fucked.
    But given the argument was at the end of this season, the years prior draft doesn't really have much to do with it does it?

17. major33

Miami was a complete mess in the front office during his entire tenure and Stephen Ross is clueless. Tannehill situation really screwed them. You also don't give a 38 year old who has never been a head coach or GM total control over everything in the organization. It doesn't work that way. They had a GM and owner who made the final call on draft picks and free agency with OPINIONS from Gase. Gase had more control over personnel once on the field. Not sure where you get your information from, but it is not accurate. Keep in mind, I also live down here and have been going to Dolphins games since 1977.

NYJetsO12 and bicketybam like this.
  18. major33

We have 100 million in cap space and the #3 pick. That is enough to evaluate what type of talent is brought in right away. However, anyone can tell during the first season if we are going in the right direction with Gase. If not, he gets fired. It's that simple.

19. TonyFtLaud

It's completely accurate.
    Gase had full control, Ross in his season final presser when discussing Gases firing said he was initially going to retain Gase as HC and remove his control over personnel but ultimately decided to go in a different direction.
    Grier was the "GM" but in reality was merely the head of college scouting as Gase made the picks on draft day.
    Tanny was the " VP of football operations" but was really used as a numbers guy, cap advisor, and to facilitate trades for Gase.
    That was the exact structure of the Dolphins the past 3 years.
    And of course your a dolphin fan since 77. It now makes sense

#99 TonyFtLaud, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

This is gonna end up one of two ways......

Gase flops and lasts only one maybe two years and is fired along with Mac.......

Gase changes his people skills slightly...handles the media a little better and makes Darnold a star....

I don't know for sure which is going to happen I'll say 50/50 but two things in Gase's corner...the Dolphins organization since Shula left and especially since Ross bought the team has been run worse than the Jets....AND Darnold is a much better prospect than Tannehill...no excuses.