Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yea except his bad years came in his first years with the programs. He made them better. Gase started hot and got worse. Players hate playing for Gase, players love Rhule.

Gase was the worst possible hire and of course it’s the one we made.

#641 BroadwayAaron, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Noam and Andy_M like this.
  2. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

i see your point as far as taking a chance on a guy

again, this hire is VERY uninspiring, i just dont see the draw in Rhule

I don't think there were any real inspiring options out there honestly.

3. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

They just hired Adam Gase as head coach.....His players hated him. His management hated him. His record sucked. No one wanted to go play for him. He was their 3rd choice.. at best. And you think they are some kind of enlightened individuals ??? Seriously dude ? :confused::eek:

rickjet, Ralebird and Donttasemebro like this.
  4. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

This ends my buying season tickets. I'm 62, I can't do this wash, rinse, repeat shit anymore. I am officially just a casual Jets fan at this point. I find myself being so disappointed, and yet not in the least surprised, that I am almost eerily apathetic with regards to this all.

...and so I changed my avatar to reflect my new state of mind better......

Ralebird, K'OB and Cman68 like this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm curious, do you even care to speak truth or are you just spewing shit just to say it?

I am in no way 100% supportive of this hire, but your points are blatantly false. Many, almost a majority, of the Dolphins players liked Gase a lot. He had a strong relationship with the locker room.

Where is your proof that no one wanted to play for him? Show me where you have evidence of that?

Also, show me where the Jets had Gase as their 3rd option? Unless you know something that no one else does on here, explain where you got this information from? I don't ever remember reading that nor did I ever see someone deny an offer from this organization.

I suggest you read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mi...mns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223482025.html

Here is an excerpt from that article about the Dolphins players views on Gase:

Did some players not get along with him or disagree with him? Yeah of course. Every team has those same guys on the roster, but to spew bullshit that players hated him, is just that, bullshit.

bicketybam likes this.
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

7. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

He is not entirely mistaken. There were NOTABLE vets in the locker room who were largely unsupportive of him when interviewed; specifically Cam Wake and Frank Gore. And if Wake and Gore, who are two of the more respected veterans on the entire team, kinda shrug their shoulders when asked about him, that says quite a bit.

Adam Gase played favorites in the locker room. And he distanced himself from those he disliked. That is *not* the way to keep a locker room intact.

If you want to see a parallel thus far to the career of Adam Gase? Look to Chip Kelly.

For your guys sake, I hope I'm wrong here, but I don't think I am. Unless Gase has learned from his mistakes of trying to jam a square peg in a round hole over and over again, regardless of the limitations of his personnel, you guys are in for a long-ass season.

Good luck.

Andy_M likes this.
  8. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I’m in your demographic, and I can’t say that I blame you.

I feel the same way sometimes.

They grind you down.

I’m going over to the bench, and take a breather.

Andy_M and Cman68 like this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

PLEASE..... That'll soften this blow, plus when Gase gets shown the door for telling the Johnson nerds to fuckoff, Williams can get another shot as HC.....until He gets shown the door for telling the Johnson nerds to fuckoff

Jeti likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Welcome to the old timers club!

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Check my sig...

RPOZ51 likes this.
  12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I think everyone needs to calm down.

Gase is an offensive minded coach who actually did pretty well w Miami considering the level of talent. There was infighting from the top down which didn’t help him.

I think it’s fair to reserve judgement for now. Give the man a chance and let’s see what he does, who he brings in for his staff and what type of players we acquire.

I’m not saying I love this. But I’m also not saying I hate it. Let’s see what happens.

johnny, SOJAZ, Dom and 3 others like this.
  13. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

LOL It may not be so easy, you probably still owe money on the PSLs

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'll wait and see, I've thought the Dolphins outperformed their talent for the last couple years. They always played slightly better than I expected them to.

He's not my first choice, but that never mattered anyway.

He has Darnold's endorsement, that means he has mine, for now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Dolphins were a terrible team that had a 4 and 2 record in the division. Going 7 and 9 this year was practically a miracle.

bicketybam likes this.
  16. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

OK, so there is an article that is somewhat positive, but there are also pieces I have read that are less flattering. Your article even referred to that fact, saying they were false. Still that is just 1 writer's opinion. It doesn't really matter at this point anyway, and I am not trying to change your mind. I am just drawing conclusions off what I have read, no more, no less.

I say he was the 3rd choice because they reportedly went after Kingsbury hard, and those reports were the first that came out. Then apparently Matt Rhule was made an offer but refused it since he was not being allowed to pick his own support team,. Then we signed Gase. I know math is different today, but I'm pretty sure that is still 3 right? Maybe my counting is off.

You obviously think Gase is a decent signing. Good for you. We'll see how that works out in time. I think it was a poor decision. We'll see how that shakes out in time too.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Interesting development.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I am very relieved I wasn't logged on when the news broke in real time. I'm sorry but as of January 10th albeit MONTHS away from any football activity underway, I cannot get down with this hire. Obviously I hope it works out, but my God.....

barfolomew likes this.
  19. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Awful decision by an awful GM in Mac and shows why he needed to be gone when Bowles went. Can anyone see Gase having a winning season with us when he could barely muster a 500 season in Miami? Young Guy with potential? Old guy with a SuperBowl? No lets go with a guy who is bang average and bring him to a shipwreck. How can next year already be ruined? It's Jan 10th for Christs Sake! Fire everyone who made this awful decision.