PFT is reporting that Jim Harbaugh could be looking to get back into the NFL

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 5, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

And that the NFL could be looking to get him to come back.

The report mentions Green Bay & Cleveland as possibilities Harbaugh likes the QB situations there.

No mention of the Jets. Yet.

I remember when he left the 49ers one of the first calls he got was from Woody Johnson.

IMO the Jets have to move heaven & earth to get him here I don't wanna hear/read how stinkin' Cleveland is now all of a sudden a more attractive destination than the Jets.

For once spend on a big name HC it's been almost 20 years since he's owned the team.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It must really sting knowing that Cleveland has leapfrogged the jets as a preferred destination. Can't say you didn't see this coming. This is what rock bottom looks like.. I'm not surprised Harbaugh would have preferred a more stable and accomplished FO to work with.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Cleveland is a more attractive destination than the Jets. Mayfield has outplayed Darnold, and they have a real GM in charge instead of two boobs for owners.

TonyFtLaud, Brook!, abc and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Rather John.

Better coach, actually a proven winner, not fucking weird.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If I’m a coach do I want to go to the place that keeps a coach after an 0-16 season or one that puts up billboards after one season?
    That whole reap and sow thingy

TonyFtLaud, Cman68 and Dierking like this.
  6. Rollo Tomassi

They may have a real GM now but before he hired Dorsey, Haslam was thought of as one of the worst owners in all of sports--including our two boobs.

Red Menace and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It’s time for the Johnson’s to prove they want to win. Open up the checkbook and pay Harbaugh. No excuses here

8. I wouldnt read anything into who he listed or preferred.No coincidence that both teams are the only ones who have fired their head coach & have vacancies.

If hes putting out feelers he doesnt ruffle any feathers w coaches that still have their jobs nor is he gonnna speculate when hes the HC of his prestigious alma mater.

If hes available the jets should be all over him,same goes for his brother & yes Mike Mccarthy.Lets get a proven winner in here w some credibility

#8 KurtTheJetsFan, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2018
  9. HomeoftheJets

The billboard stunt was a one time thing for Idzik. And Idzik aside the Johnsons are more patient than Haslam.

10. HomeoftheJets

That should be the concern in Cleveland, that Haslam won't like Dorsey being in charge and getting all the credit, and he'll drive Dorsey out.

Since1969 likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And then the Jets can hire him!:)

Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Not happening. Harbaugh ain't coming to the stinking Jets. Also Urban Meyer just retired and now Jim has a real shot at beating the Fuckeyes for the foreseeable future. Not buying it!

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. I dont think so.That guy is finally tired of having egg on his face & unlike Woody doesnt run away to the UK to avoid further scrutiny.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This will be an unpopular take here, but I don't believe the coaching search is Harbaugh or bust. As much as I'd like either Harbaugh brother to be our next HC, there are quality candidates albeit a bit less proven that should be considered.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm still of the opinion that the best HC for the Jets is someone who has successful experience as a HC in the NFL, so either Harbaugh, or maybe McCarthy at this point. Although maybe WInston Moss who just got fired from GB after tweeting bad things about Rodgers deserves a look?

https://nypost.com/2018/12/05/packers-fire-winston-moss-after-tweet-shading-aaron-rodgers/

I honestly don't know much about him beyond that he's been the Ass't HC in GB with McCarthy for a decade and so has a winner's pedigree and presumably some experience with HC duties (although until you actually do the whole job I don't think you can know).

Anyway, I'm still pessimistic about the Johnson Boys actually firing Bowles. Until it happens I'm not getting my hopes up.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The billboard was a no time thing before it was a one time thing. Once it’s been done it’s always a possibility to be done again

17. Rollo Tomassi

Maybe Northern NJ is too dirty and polluted for him.

Cleveland is a gorgeous city.

Ralebird, TonyFtLaud and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

Sure, just like Haslam could go on a firing spree again. And the fans were right about Idzik, so if you're that scared you're the next Idzik then you aren't cut out for New York anyway.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Harbaugh is not afraid of billboards. I think we know enough about him to make that assumption

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Hire this overrated beast

TonyFtLaud and Jets69 like this.