2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 29, 2018.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I had 2nd last priority in my main league, Ekeler was a free agent, and somehow I got him. What a bunch of losers I play with.

CBG likes this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Im not sure if Im buying into the Jackson Hype but was euler your first choice ,,,,,

3. NYJalltheway

Well yeah. He's been good in a backup role. Now that he's starting, he'll completely go off I bet. My only issue is that I have to bench Aaron Jones to play him.

CBG likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Dropped Doyle got Lacosse-----Dropped Badgley picked up Humphries-----Dropped the Saints picked up Doctson----Dropped the dreaded MVS picked up Chris Conley = if Watkins practices tomorrow or Friday I will drop Conley------so if any one cares here is my lineup for my final week and hopefully into the playoffs IF I can squeak in = Goff ,Hunt, Sanders, Humphries, Doctson , Everett, Zuerlien Rams D ---cant get me enough Rams / good luck to me !!!

FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Colts d available ? No fournette, no qb for the jags. Colts d is a must play if you can get them.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay Colts are gone and I have the Rams and am going to roll with them the rest of the way = thats if its 1 week or 4 weeks depending if I can squeak into the playoffs. In other news I dropped Coutee and hour ago and picked up Blount . So here is my dilema and you guys can add insight at WR -----> Im starting Sanders----I am Starting Humphries------BUT heres the tough part = Tate will sit on my bench but Watkins did not practice again today and I now have Conley in that ridiculous offense so who should I start as my 3rd WR Doctoson against the Eagles secondary or Conley ----> Im leaning towards Doctson

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Unreal,,just when I thought my fantasy football season could not get any worse = Kreem Hunt Video !

8. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

And now he gets RELEASED. Not suspended, just dropped. Every year I get fucked somehow, either by underperformance or major injury. My team with Fournette survived mostly on the strength of Hunt, and now this. At least this is new; I didn't draft Rice or AP the years they were embroiled in controversy, so I guess it was my turn :rolleyes:

At least with him also on the exempt list he won't end up in NE. Then I would've thrown my hands up and been done with the NFL. Bad enough this kneecaps their main competitor at just the right time.

#468 NYJ79, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Sucks for Hunt owners, but it could be worse. You could be a Bell owner who never handcuffed w/ James Conner. Only takes one time to get burned like this and next year you will be drafting the backup RB in the late rounds, just in case.

I always try to get the backup RB if I spend more than $60 on my RB1 or RB2. Sometimes I get greedy though and take another value pick over the backup. Backups usually can be had for like $1-$3.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Now will anyone pick him up in a week or 3 ??????? Thats the question or do guys like me who own Hunt just cut him loose ?? I mean what if the players Union backs him and he is not suspended until next year ????? In the meant time I think the guy to pick up is Darell Williams and NOT DAMIEN as the Handcuff to Ware

11. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

He's on the commisioner's exempt list, and the league can keep him there indefinitely, and with that video out in the open I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't stash him out of the public eye until after the season at the very least.

12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

It is way too early to cut. I would keep for him now. Surely you must have a few bums on your roster that you would cut before Hunt. Wait till the league flat out says "he's done for the year", then you can cut him and pick up some pissant backup WR/TE that you would play in an absolute emergency.

He has a chance to be claimed off waivers since he was cut. That means you at the very least have an RB2/FLEX for a playoff game or a game that gets you into the playoffs. Yeah, no way you cut him.

13. NYJalltheway

Now what the hell do I do in fantasy?

These are seriously my rbs....

Kamara
    CMC
    Aaron Jones
    Phillip Lindsay
    Austin Ekeler
    Spencer Ware

Too bad the trade deadline has passed.

Antoni likes this.
  14. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Good problems to have I guess :) I think I blindly start Kamara and McCaffrey, every week. Don't even think about it. Then between the other 4 just find whoever has the best matchup and then I put them in the FLEX spot but only if they are better than my WR options. Don't use prediction sites like ESPN or any of the others since they are garbage. Go by stats, but now raw stats. I always go by DVOA at this point in the season since there is a big enough sample size for it to be accurate. Here: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Filter by rush defense, and between Jones, Lindsay, Ekeler, and Ware find the absolute worst rush defense by DVOA weight attributes. Then just start that dude. It works, trust me.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Pained me to do it and IF I lose this week none of this matters but I just cut Malcolm Brown and picked up Damien Williams ---had to hand cuff Ware,,,,now I just hope he was the move and not Darrel Williams

16. NYJalltheway

Thanks for the link. And yeah the thing is, they all have really, really good match ups lol. So I'm going to have to leave some on my bench. I could start 2 more, but I was already planning on starting Jameis, or Lamar in my other flex spot. Thoughts?

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

is it PPR then you think about ekler and Cmc but if it were me I roll with Ware , Jones and Lindsey

18. NYJalltheway

Well I'm not benching cmc. Lindsey is good, but I've been trusting Jones, and it's been paying off, and I'm a big Ekeler fan. I had him early in the year and he did good with Gordon not hurt, so now I want to use him.

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Real windy and some snow in Gbay just a heads up

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Doctson vs the Eagles or Conley vs the Raiders ? I am leaning towards Doctson let me know your thoughts