2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 29, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Talk about Slim Pickings ,,,,,,,,I go with Mccown and Rosen,,,,and it pained me to type that

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

:D Yeah, not fun.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ugh Im so on the fence with my 3rd WR ----> If Cobb is out I think I have to roll out MVS,,,,,,,,over Tate but I just can't understand how MVS is not more involved in the offense ????
    Edit here as Tate will be seeing the Giants rookie in the slot ,,,,Rhodes will be on Adams but the vikes secondary is good I really think it depends if Cobb plays because if he does I will roll out Tate if he does not I might roll the dice

#443 CBG, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

still remains to be seen how I do in my personal league but on Draftkings I am killing it so far started Blount n Cooper in these early games and everyone else in the Saint / Falcon game !!!!!

FJF likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Had to set an alarm at 8:05 last night to make sure I woke up from my food coma to swap out Smith (in case he actually was out) which he was. Rolling with MVS. Had a decent start to my week with Zeke and Ridley. Daniels had Burton a few times down the seem and missed him deep. It is also so painful to watch Dallas in 1st and goal situations. They run the stupidest plays. Hand the freaking ball off 1 or 2 times and feed Zeke. It is so demoralizing as a defense to see a RB punch one in.

Hope you all had a happy thanksgiving and wish you all the best of luck this week!

CBG and NYJalltheway like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My buddy is big Cowboy fan and he has been losing his mind in the redbone,,,,,Garrett = an imbecile. I am just waiting to hear if Cobb is really playing ---> otherwise Give me a reason to start MVS over Tate ????---again last night I dropped mcguire and picked up Malcolm Brown , I'm just thinking or trying to think outside the box.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have had time,,,,,,to think and with Rhodes covering Devante Adams I am starting MVS over Tate. I just hope that Cobb does not play that would help . I just can't start Tate until I see something out of the Eagles and I need the win this week

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

still time but Scantling is effing killing me----I need points out of this guy he does not have a catch yet!!!!

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

4th qtr and not a freaking catch yet,,,,,,I was better off starting Tate and taking 3 catches for 40 yards,,omg MVS is killing me ---Packers are down and its the 4th qtr can he just get me something and inch me closer so I at least have a shot tomorrow nite !!!! ?????

10. dawinner127

My seasons over. MVS absolutely killed me the last two weeks. Remember that list we talked about a few weeks ago?

He just made his way on to it.

CBG and FJF like this.
  11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

...[​IMG]

12. dawinner127

Going to make a hindsight 20/20 post what I could change differently about my team.

1) I traded my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders for the first overall - I would have done that again which led me to getting Gurley and Zeke in the first round. I said going into the season, in my league you need 3 guys to give you 20+ a week which would average around 120 ppg and should win most weeks. I completely whiffed on the rest of my draft after those two picks. In a 14 team league, I only had Gurley, Zeke and Burton left on my team from draft night.

2) My next pick was round 5 and I took Burton - I drank the kool-aid HARD on that all off season. Nagy coming from KC, Kelce like comparisons. Man I whiffed on that big time. I should have drafted Brees like I originally said I needed, 3 guys 20 or more a week.

3) I did end up drafting Andrew Luck in round 9 so the Brees pick would have been moot, however - I dropped Luck week 3 vs Philly after 3 straight games of 150 yards passing. Figured I could stream a QB because why the hell not? Luck is one of those players who I absolutely despise. Never been a fan of his, ever.

4) Had two wins taken away from me by making the wrong start at QB the last minute. Started Beathard over Eli on MNF. Lost by 14, Eli would have given me the win. Scored 17 more that week. Also started Derek Carr vs 49ers on a Thursday night. I had Baker in the entire time, I lost by 4. Baker outscored Carr by 13.

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Dawinner I still have a punchers chance to win tonight but i doubt it,,,,,but if I lose I will be 6-6 and most likely on the outside looking in at the playoff picture. I can still get in if I win next week but I will need a team or 3 to lose. Now back to our REAL discussion = MVS ----> I don't care that he has Rodgers throwing to him, I don't care what his upside is I will be releasing this guy on Wednesday faster than you can say "he only had one catch AGAIN ". My 3rd receiver blows but I will be picking up Kearse or Calloway or Humphries or Mike Williams or anyone out there that has a pulse as I feel your pain as MVS flat out sucks ass !!!! There is no way I would EVER consider starting him again under any circumstance.

dawinner127 likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I know this is asking a lot but I need 24 pots out of coutee tonight to win in do.
    Possible but not probable

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay is it PPR I forget ? If yes you have a legit shot---I have him going in my league and DK

FJF likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Burton was a good pick at the time I was high on him also but to cheer you up I took Jimmy Graham in rd # 3 how did that work out lol. My regrets are only 2 --the first was I hated Freeman in the second round and the guy picking in front of me took Gordon or I would have had him. There was no one I loved at that pick and I wanted a Rb so I took Devonte Freeman = horrible pick.The 2nd regret and its huge as I have been chasing a 3rd receiver all year = I kick myself each week is I was soooooo high on Robert Woods all summer and my draft went almost exactly as I thought but Crabtree slipped to me and I did not think he would be there so I passed on Woods and took Crabtree = yuck. Now IM LEFT HERE BEGGING as I need a miracle to win tonight and AFTER I DO LOSE I will have to win next week and need another team or 2 to lose. Tie breakers hurt me as I started off 1 and 4 and scored hardly any points those first 5 weeks. I am glad we can vent here lol and share our pain

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

UGH Sorry FJ I was wrong again,,,,,,

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Coutee hurt his Hammy AGAIN in the 3rd qtr-----my WR's just got worse heading into my week 13 must win. I might have to actually keep MVS on my Roster and drop Coutee how pathetic is that ? I will probably drop both

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Add coutee to the never again list

dawinner127 and CBG like this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wavers are tonight--CBG has zero money left to bid so I have to wait until players are claimed and then pick from what is left but tonight there will be new additions to my roster = to get into the playoffs I need to win and then Im behind 3 teams I need two of those to lose.ps had I won last week I would have controlled my own destiny