Two More 2019 Mock Drafts found at CBS Sportsdotcom

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The way they've played the last 3 weeks, it's becoming likely that they'll pick in a slot with top QB prospects available. Now watch them reel off 8 wins in their next 10 games. :p

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Everyone might be available the first time we’re on the clock

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That would be so Jetlike.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I don't "like" this post :(

FJF likes this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

At this point I'm guessing the Jets will be picking somewhere around # 10. Whatever takes place in FA of course will have a hand in who they draft but as of now it's between EDGE and OT with WR/RB a distant third. I also wouldn't discount the possibility of Mac trading down to recoup a second round pick.......

NCJetsfan and jetstopgun like this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If there's no good edge rusher or OL where we pick, I agree that trading down is an option. But the draft is supposed to be deep at both positions, so it might not matter if we end up picking in the top 5 or at just outside the top 10.

7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This. I hope we fight hard for the rest of the season AND get a pick that fills a need.

8. mrjet80

They will.......I still say 7-9. The hardest piece to fill has finally been solved - QB. Now Mac needs to find the other elusive piece - a stud EDGE rusher (OLB) to put opposite Jenkins and elevate the defense to the next level....sprinkle in a couple of OL and a couple of speedy skill players and the Jets will be ready for take off....

9. mrjet80

What I'm hoping is there are at least two players of both positions sitting there ( or the one position Mac would be targeting ) and he feels comfortable enough to trade down 5-7 spots, get one of the players he wanted all along and get either a low second or a high third....gives him plenty of ammo to either stay put and get three good prospects or roll the dice and trade back up.

10. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

CBS has just released its updated Top 20 players

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...4b1d661778457516&ET_CID=57516&ET_RID=44127248

They have 3 OT's in there ;-

2. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
    Williams was spectacular against Tennessee on run and pass plays. His kick slide is the best I've seen in a long time, he's always balanced and under control, and strikes with his hands inside. On run-plays, Williams is a quick and powerful combo-blocker. He could play guard in the NFL, but I'd leave him at tackle.

13. Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State
    Another top prospect who was off last Saturday, Dalton and the Wildcats travel to Norman to face an electric Oklahoma offense. The Sooners don't have a premier edge-rusher, so don't be surprised if Risner has another lockdown effort on the right side of Kansas State's line.

15. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
    Little was mostly effective against Auburn, but I've noticed he tends to stop his kick slide short when contact arrives, which gives edge-rushers a shorter arc to the quarterback. And he can get out of sorts against counter moves. There's no questioning Little's size, length, and athleticism comparison though.

We should be able to get one of them. I'd prefer Jonah Williams, but I think he will be gone when we pick. Anyone know much about Dalton Risner?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Is Kansas State's QB a southpaw? If not, then it sounds like Risner is a RT rather than a LT. While Shell can be upgraded, I don't think we can afford to use our #1 on upgrading Shell, when we need a future LT. If Williams is gone, then I want Little, and I may wind up liking Little better anyway.

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No, Skylar Thompson, a righty. Not very good.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

My mindset right now is that either LT or Pass Rusher has to be addressed big time in FA. With all the money the Jets have, they can afford to overpay a bit if need be. I'm still looking at Clowney until he's re-signed with Hou. I feel like franchise LT's rarely, if ever, hit the market.

If Pass Rusher is addressed is FA, I think LT has to be the pick in the draft. Jets are in the nice position now, that they dont have to worry about getting the QB. Now their main focus has to be on getting him better. OL would be a huge help.

#33 jcass10, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Sam Hammer and CotcheryFan like this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The way I see it, if the Jets pick top 3, they go for Bosa if available, otherwise it's OT all the way.

15. FJF

If the jets pick top 3 (they won’t, it will be raiders,giants,9ers in some order) and bosa goes 1 or 2 the jets have to shop that pick

16. NCJetsfan

There won't be any upgrades or future LTs available in FA. That position will have to be drafted. There will be at least 1-2 edge rushers, maybe more, available in FA who will be an upgrade over what we currently have on the roster. It may not be ideal, but LT must take priority over edge rusher. At WR, 3-4 of our WRs will be FAs including both Enunwa and Kearse, as well as Rishard Matthews. We may be able to add another solid WR to the group in addition to retaining both Enunwa and Kearse. If Matthews plays well for us, we may want to re-sign him. At TE both Sterling and Tomlinson will be FAs. I assume that the Jets will let one or both go and look to add a better blocking (or at least one that is a good blocker and who can catch the ball) TE in FA.

Sam Hammer and Leicester Jet like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Bosa won't help them a lot if Beacham's play falls off a cliff, he gets injured or retires.

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed, there could be teams looking to trade up for a QB, It would be ideal to move down, take a tackle, then get extra OL with acquired picks. If Bosa's there, hard not to pull the trigger, though :)

19. FJF

I’d have no problem with bosa if he is there. Would change the defense completely.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

CBS put out another mock last night:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...nston-with-a-turnover-averse-quarterback/amp/

7. New York Jets
    Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky. I put the "EDGE" label on Allen because he's not solely a defensive end and not a classic outside linebacker. He's been impressive in coverage this season -- four pass breakups -- but has consistently demonstrated explosiveness and bend to the quarterback. If he keeps his job, Todd Bowles should love Allen as a prospect.

Boy do I hate that...