2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 29, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

a few trades today that complicate things,,,,,Demaryius Thomas is now a Texan,,,so even IF Coutee is healthy this AINT great for him,,,Sutton is an immediate add for everyone,,,,,and Golden Tate is now an Eagle,,,which helps me next week but NOT now with Bye issues,,,,,,waiting to see the rest, if any trades before I put in waiver claims

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Montgomery to Ravens. I just saw.

I have Sutton so that honestly might have saved my season. My WRs have been absolutely trash behind Ridley so having another solid one I can count on his big time.

@FJF Sutton 3900 will be 100% owned this week

FJF likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ha. I said the same thing when I saw the news.
    It’s early in the week but a cam newton/funchess stack is looking enticing .

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I like the trades but they really hurt me this week,,,Tate is on a Bye,,,,I have Sanders, then I have MVS = scantling from GB , Fuller I have to cut but there is not much out there to get, Coutee I would start if Healthy but I think they will sit him going into the bye next week , Reynolds who I will probably have to cut lose with Kupp back but again not much out there so I might have to hold him.---I can go after Kirk but on a bye----> Westbrook but on a bye--->Sutton but he will be gone ( and I have Sanders same team )--->Parker will probably get snatched up---->David Moore from Sea----> Callaway ( <---Im actually thinking of rolling the dice with him at least he starts )----> Robbie Anderson = hurt-------> Sharpe /titans-------> Anthony Miller ----> Snead-------> Gallup ----> Crowder = hurt. U guys like any of these guys ? I mean I have to drop Fuller for one of them. I could always start Sanders and Scantling and instead of another WR I could start Tevon Colmen / Falcons but I hate that idea especially against the skins stingy run D,,,,I have Mcguire but I don't know if he's healthy would like to start him against the pathetic Dolphin run D -------any thoughts let me know

5. dawinner127

I actually really like MVS. I would probably snatch him up. There are plenty of balls to go around in Green Bay, especially this week. I want to pick him up in my league but not sure if i should drop Gurleys handcuff (i have both <Malcolm Brown and John Kelly>) if gurley goes down I’m done anyways so not sure if it’s worth holding both.

Also need qb help. Alex Smith vs Atlanta is juicy but the guy hasn’t topped 250 yards in like 7 weeks. Dak and Baker and Beathard are on the WW. Not sure what do do guys.

CBG likes this.
  6. dawinner127

MVS and Allison ran the same amount of snaps last week and he out targeted Allison 5:1

7. FJF

I would stick with Smith. I don’t trust baker with the big upheaval this week. Dak has been meh. Beathard v raiders is intriguing but I think you just stay the course.
    Now watch beathard tune up the raiders tomorrow

CBG and dawinner127 like this.
  8. dawinner127

I had Beathard vs the rams a few weeks ago and lost by 14 after he gave me like 3 points lol. Still have a sour taste in my mouth. I guess i ride smith again and hope it turns into somewhat of a shootout

Any thoughts on dropping John Kelly for MVS? Holding Malcolm Brown and Kelly for Gurley handcuff is brutal.

9. FJF

I would. It’s tough to hold handcuffs in deep leagues this time of year.

10. dawinner127

Just have to make sure i pick the right one to drop. Kelly looked amazing in preseason but hasn’t been active. Brown has been active every game.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I already have MVS but I now have wr issues this week and next so Im trying to get that straightened out. If Coutee is not healthy I do not have a 3rd WR this week and next week I have Sanders and Coutee on byes so I have problems I need to address as tonight is waiver nite. Keep an eye on Beathard he is hurt and MIGHT NOT play you might be better off with Dak

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Beathard hurt and might not play,,if he was healthy I say u are correct. Might want to see if he gets in a practice today

FJF likes this.
  13. dawinner127

I misread. I would pick up Anthony Miller but I would still start MVS.

Would you drop Gurley back up (kelly or brown) for MVS?

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I benefited pretty well yesterday with the WR trades. I already added Sutton last week in hopes of DT being moved. And I have Golladay.

The kicker: I am 2-6 in that league in 11th place. Way too deep a hole to climb out of :mad: .

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

help me out who are your other backs,,,,,,? In my case I only have Hunt-Coleman-Mcguire and I carry Ware. If you have depth at RB I would say drop Gurleys handcuff and pickup a WR / MVS if you need one. I had an argument with a buddy last week about MVS , where I agree with you that he is worth rolling the dice as he could easily become the # 2 guy there behind Adams. My Waivers are tonight I need to rethink this as this Tate trade really is making me shuffle as I thought I would not have a problem until next week

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

PS I don't know if you guys are desperate as I am this week shuffling WR s but if you can wait and have a spot Enunwa was at practice today---> he was not in pads but he was there,,,,,I might try and claim someone tonight for Fuller then drop Reynolds and then drop Reynolds for Enunwa

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am pretty happy with how my waiver claims went I dropped Fuller and picked up David Moore /sea and I dropped Reynolds and got Devante Parker---AT LEAST I appeared to solve my week 9 issues as if Coutee is questionable at 4pm I start Moore,,,,,,my WR's are now--Sanders--Scantling--Moore--Tate--Parker--Coutee.Im happy could have been worse

FJF and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

My two questions this week:

Dion Lewis or Isiah Crowell?

And should I hang on to Bortles or pick up Mariota and drop Bortles? I am unsure. Starting Darnold at the moment, but I could swap him out for Mariota as my QB2.

CBG likes this.
  19. dawinner127

My issue was I wasn't really sure which backup is the one to own for Gurley. I ended up dropping John Kelly for MSV. I also picked up Josh Adams (PHI) and Jamaal Williams.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Start Crowell as the dolphin defense against the run is horrible,,,,,,I really hate both those Qbs is there anyone else out there ?

The Dark Knight likes this.