Darnold's long ball...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Sep 11, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

shit playcalling. when it's always 3rd and 7 or more you need to throw downfield hence his high YPC and YPA. the numbers are also boosted a bit by his long TDs on 3rd down to anderson and pryor. in short, bates seems to only let the kid sling the ball when it's 3rd down

K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Better plays maybe? They average 8 yards per 3rd down pass play. Maybe that distance is sams wheel house . Really just a guess though. Maybe he is just clutch.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

On the Bronco's game thread... during the game of course... there was a guy screaming for 1st down play action passes.

He was right. It's like they dumbed down the playbook for Sam or something.

Pryor, Kearse & Quincy have to get more involved.

Crowell had more yards rushing than Darnold had passing. That's cute...but we can't have that can we.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Did they dumb it down, or are they just predictable?

K'OB likes this.
  5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I think there's a correlation between the offense opening up the playbook and Bowles calling the defense. I just think that maybe he was the one keeping the offense conservative with the short quick throws. But now that he's focused on calling the defense he isn't as hands-on with the offense. So not only did the D get better when Bowles took over calling plays, but so did the O.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Small sample size?

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Beats me.
    They came alive in the 2nd qtr. Maybe they ran out of scripted plays..

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I guess this going to be a weekly thing.

Youre wrong again on about every level here.

I said in the post, like you skipped 25 percent of it, that i like Robby Anderson on the team. I said hes a great deep threat, and he is. Sorry, i won't change my tune every single game. ill make sure i compliment any player i want to criticize so you don't get butt hurt and off the deep end.

Do i like how Andersons represented himself? No. Do i think his actions are in a vacuum, and hes this super cool dude/team mate after reports of his arrest? No. Is he a great deep threat and one of our starting WR? Yes. Do i want him to mature as person/player on the jets? Yes

You show me evidence i am wrong about him not being a total WR. Are you a relative of Anderson? You cry about it, and my opinions, but yours are legit why? You havent shown anything other than your a crybaby about people who criticize Anderson.

I could show you police reports where he acted like a jackoff, but youll think he's a darling otherwise. I'll show you he only has highlights of him going deep, and youll cry in hating on him. Ill show you a pic of him so you can see he needs to get stronger if you really need that.

You want to crown him because he almost had 1000 yards, and the long ball excites you. You show me where i said i hated Anderson wanted him off the team. You can't because it doesnt exist. You made up my angle so you can profess the greatness of Robby and act like you're this great fan.

Everyone else had good points that i agree with very much.. you came in crying because someone said something about your favorite player (apparently). You don't even have the ability to make a case for your POV, you just get reactionary and act like a child... but your able to read my mind and my true feelings.

Bravo. I also was replying to someone, i even tagged the reply.. you failed to notice that simple thing too so you can say i'm hating on Anderson out of the blue. Wrong again, and if anything you prove my point about the blind love for Robby. You refuse to see anything negative about him.

#228 JackBower, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I was wondering if that was the case. We don't know of course, but that makes sense. Another reason to have Bowles call the "D".

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Yup, that's me! After the first couple 1st and 10 runs I was freaking out each successive time we did it. It's absurd how we can run the ball for chunks of 8 and then 15 or something like that and not run a playaction on 1st.

EDIT: Also its not even a matter of dumbing down the playbook, its a matter of putting a ROOKIE QB in the best position possible. I can't count how many times this team is in 3rd and long because of back to back runs or a first down run for 2 yards followed by an incompletion. Watching the Rams play this past weekend was nuts, receivers were running wide open on every play and don't tell me guys like Robert Woods are better than Q, Kearse, and Anderson. That's just good coaching reering its head out.

#230 NYJFOREVER, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He finally gets a decent play call :rolleyes:

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Ah I see, it turns out you are just a bit of a twat.

No worries, I shan't reply to you again.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Shan't?

Get this man an autumnal mead!

[​IMG]

K'OB, FJF, Red Menace and 1 other person like this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HomeoftheJets, K'OB and FJF like this.
  15. JackBower

Again, you have not attempted to prove your point at all, or even have one outside of being the protector of Robby Anderson.

You resorted to name calling and belittling from the get go, but sure ill be the twat so we can move on

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Or Josh Reynolds coming in after Kupp and Cooks went down and racks up 60 yards on one drive on 2-3 catches. Absurd.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

At this point I don't think they've dumbed down much of the play book at all. We've seen various looks, all of the route tree, and anything you could ask of your QB movement wise. I don't think the lack of certain types of plays is a limited book for Sam, but more based along the lines of what they work on versus the weeks opponent. Bates seems very reactionary to the defense he is against. Where as the offenses under Rex were going to run the ball in power sets and everyone knew it, Bates tends to tailor his game plan to try, and I will not say take advantage of the defense, but I think hide the weaknesses of this offense against the D they are playing. All those quick passes against the Cleveland D to try and limit the pass rush or the outside runs because we knew we could not handle that line prove it. The power ground game against a lighter denver front and not opening up the pass until we proved the line could handle them proved it. I think he is trying too hard to work within self imposed constraints game to game.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

19. Axel574

Axel574 Active Member

Jack Bauer would never talk this much... he'd just shoot the guy.

20. JackBower

I don't live that life anymore.